My reasons for leaving Armagedon

Tojop - Dreamweaver
Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Since second day of the server, I have been in Armagedon, save for the 2-3 month period I was running BootCamp, our subfaction. I thought I would never leave this, save in the event that _Tigger_ stopped playing, stepped down, etc.

As of tonight, our TW people all left for Exclusive. Armagedon is now recruiting 40+. This may seem selfish, and it is, but I feel that being in Armagedon will be too much like BootCamp; helping lowbies with bosses and the like.

I am not the one for that. I want to run end game instances, I am a suberbly competent cleric, many can attest. I really need to be in a faction with like-level people.

As such, I'm (hopefully) joining Equinox. I'm sure my friends will stay my friends; there's more to a person than the faction above their character.

-tojop
Post edited by Tojop - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *plays sad violin* Awww that was a...very....horrible was of thread space. and here starts my troll session

1. Wouldnt it be smarter just to tell your friends why you left and justify it to them because lemme let you in on a little secret... WE DONT CARE. I mean seriously, we dont.

2. Who cares what you think the guilds gonna turn into, your gone remember, or did you have a sudden memory lapse as you were writing this.

3. Just pointing out your flaws on an open thread is just asking for someone to tear you to shreds. So good job buddy, you have just opened a Flame post, you must be proud.

lastly, inb4block/
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oh I get it, this is where I suppose to jump in and **** people off right?

that was a...very...horrible was of thread space
    <- lame, no further comment.

2. "we don't care"? or is it "you don't care", who give a **** about you? try getting 50% pwi players of EQ, Arma in here and say "I don't care". You think every1 is rotten like you? (well...maybe I am)

3. MMORPG is more than just a game, how you interacting between players affect how they treat you in long run. He chose to explain himself, he proved to be rational, he gets my repect. Sure you can choose to be a "ba5tard" and ignore by others when you need help. Karma works.

4. EQ always interested in high lv players, but more importantly, why they left their old faction (or did it change when I'm not looking?) so his thread served welll for his purpose of getting recruit by EQ or any other factions.
    Have a good day, sir.
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *plays sad violin* Awww that was a...very....horrible was of thread space. and here starts my troll session

1. Wouldnt it be smarter just to tell your friends why you left and justify it to them because lemme let you in on a little secret... WE DONT CARE. I mean seriously, we dont.

2. Who cares what you think the guilds gonna turn into, your gone remember, or did you have a sudden memory lapse as you were writing this.

3. Just pointing out your flaws on an open thread is just asking for someone to tear you to shreds. So good job buddy, you have just opened a Flame post, you must be proud.

lastly, inb4block/

do u have to be that mean.. if u dont care u dont need to reply b:shutup save your own comment. And lastly, this thread still open o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Although I consider the thread started on the forum too much for a faction departure (let's be serious, ppl with lvl 100 and rank8 changed factions and nothing was posted on forum) , I think it's a somehow suitable place for such a statement.
    Tojop, good luck finding a home, and just fyi, Calamity is a pretty nice one (http://calamitydw.ipbfree.com/).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you like PK dont join calamity. b:shutup
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    true, join BloodPact.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TotalPunK - Dreamweaver
    TotalPunK - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009

lastly, inb4block/

Harsh much? If you don't care then don't comment. You can't speak for all of Dreamweaver Silver. He has a right to explain himself in a place that allows for such. Not everyone is online at once. I quit a different server over a month ago and I still get messages from people asking where I am at or friends finding friends on my msn to see what has happened. So I can totally understand this post.

(=
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    true, join BloodPact.

^THIS^ is full of epic win b:victory
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • _Lionheart_ - Dreamweaver
    _Lionheart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I could definately swear BP died..then came back...then died again...??
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I could definately swear BP died..then came back...then died again...??

Something like that b:sad i lost track at the 5th revival b:surrender
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    heh, this was actually just to avoid having the same long conversation in pms with a thousand different people. Silver.....I can't really respond to you sans ad hominem, so i won't.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you like PK dont join calamity. b:shutup

If you like PK then don't join a PvE server dumbass.
    true, join BloodPact.

LOL. win.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    dont be mean to the trolls without them we wouldn't have a post count b:cry
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver
    Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2009

lastly, inb4block/

if u dont care then why did u reply and read this post?
    just let him say wat he wants to say his just explaining why he left so come on at least be nice and say mean things
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    If you like PK then don't join a PvE server dumbass.

LOL. win.
    yet sooooo many people PK
    dont be mean to the trolls without them we wouldn't have a post count b:cry

+1
    <3Andres....somewhat >.>
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I can't really respond to you sans ad hominem, so i won't.

Come, now. If you don't want to point out the glaringly obvious fact that Silver is the crotchspawn of fetid donkey seed and the gaping genital maw of a backstreet alley-****, you don't have to, but don't sell yourself short by suggesting you won't at least recognize Silver's mind-numbing idiocy.

Seriously. Have you seen some of the sh*t that guy has posted in other forums? He's a basket-case crying out for any sort of attention he can get his decrepit, grubby hands on.

Chat filter: It's only good for the most bland of insults. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be banned by a mod in 3...2...1...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ello tojop, (fellow ex armagedon member here for those of you that don't know.) I completely agree with you about feeling like you would be stuck helping the new recruits doing the things they need done, while the things you need done get left undone, or you look for help outside of faction, which can get real expensive, 1 world chat rarely gets you all the help you need, barb, cleric, etc. :( I mean I went from want 74ish top player in arma, down to 14... I for one didn't like that, had some of the more helpful... more active higher levels stayed there, I more then likely wouldn't be considering looking for a new faction at the moment, let alone have left armagedon. I still wish them the best of luck on rebuilding, is/was a nice idea, but seems a bit flawed. At least in my opinion.

EDIT: Now don't get me wrong I don't mind helping lower level people, but I prefer to do it on my terms, when I FEEL like helping, NOT because I feel like I have to in order for those people to 'stay' and be happy...ish.

Just my two cents.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Ello tojop, (fellow ex armagedon member here for those of you that don't know.) I completely agree with you about feeling like you would be stuck helping the new recruits doing the things they need done, while the things you need done get left undone, or you look for help outside of faction, which can get real expensive, 1 world chat rarely gets you all the help you need, barb, cleric, etc. :( I mean I went from want 74ish top player in arma, down to 14... I for one didn't like that, had some of the more helpful... more active higher levels stayed there, I more then likely wouldn't be considering looking for a new faction at the moment, let alone have left armagedon. I still wish them the best of luck on rebuilding, is/was a nice idea, but seems a bit flawed. At least in my opinion.

EDIT: Now don't get me wrong I don't mind helping lower level people, but I prefer to do it on my terms, when I FEEL like helping, NOT because I feel like I have to in order for those people to 'stay' and be happy...ish.

Just my two cents.

This is why i dislike noob factions.

Just my 2 yenb:bye
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Hold the phone, Miz. Armagedon was 2nd or 3rd strongest faction on server until about a week ago. I'm sure you're talking about someone else when you say "noob faction."
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    2nd? I'm sorry, but NO!
    3rd...meeeh...I bet Dynasty could whoop their arses.
    4th maybe, cause I can't think of any other faction that really matters in TW.
    Armagedon had the lvls, and yeah, in rankings they prolly were the 3rd faction. In firepower in TW, not even close. ATM they are recruiting 40+ so it's not much left in there ... to bad, I'm actually sad another top tier faction disbanded.

But I'm gonna stop here with the off topic, let's not derail de man's topic ( I have a gift for doing that) more that it already is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Hold the phone, Miz. Armagedon was 2nd or 3rd strongest faction on server until about a week ago. I'm sure you're talking about someone else when you say "noob faction."

I wasn't talking about armagedon........

kthxbaib:bye
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    2nd? I'm sorry, but NO!
    3rd...meeeh...I bet Dynasty could whoop their arses.
    4th maybe, cause I can't think of any other faction that really matters in TW.
    Armagedon had the lvls, and yeah, in rankings they prolly were the 3rd faction. In firepower in TW, not even close. ATM they are recruiting 40+ so it's not much left in there ... to bad, I'm actually sad another top tier faction disbanded.

But I'm gonna stop here with the off topic, let's not derail de man's topic ( I have a gift for doing that) more that it already is.

I'm pretty sure their latest recruitment WCs are stating 60+ though yes, they did state 40+ for a short time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BloodPact is dead, it will stay dead, I will keep it there.

If it comes back again I will join it on an alt and kill it from the inside.b:angry
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2009

2nd or 3rd? I think you would be forgetting Equinox, Dynasty & Calamity. But then again, a week ago you guys already lost a lot of your members. I think we need to add XBushidoX, HDT and Exclusive to that list. 4th best, AT BEST. Make a faction that isn't misspelled next time (inb4 QQ we couldnt think of anything else and the name didnt fit)
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    BloodPact is dead, it will stay dead, I will keep it there.

If it comes back again I will join it on an alt and kill it from the inside.b:angry

Whoa, i can feel the hate o.o
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Good, that's what I wanted.

They really pissed me off back in my lowbie days, I'm glad that faction died out. b:pleased
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Good, that's what I wanted.

They really pissed me off back in my lowbie days, I'm glad that faction died out. b:pleased

The faction itself had some potential, but too much PK = not enough leveling = fail at TW.
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I left for the same reason as tojop. I've heard enough of "Can I has help with 202020?" and "I needs BH51 pl0x" to last a life time.

As for rankings, In terms of numbers and levels, Arma WAS #3. In terms of TW, well we had about as much strategy as a drunken 2 year old, but I would still rank us #4. We could still beat Bushido in a 1v1, and HDT well... we really only had to roll our face on the keyboard to beat HDT.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    When I said 2nd-3rd best faction, I meant in span of server, not based on the past 2-3 weeks. Either you haven't been around that long, or haven't been paying attention. b:bye
  • DeathPlan - Dreamweaver
    DeathPlan - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Harsh much? If you don't care then don't comment. You can't speak for all of Dreamweaver Silver. He has a right to explain himself in a place that allows for such. Not everyone is online at once. I quit a different server over a month ago and I still get messages from people asking where I am at or friends finding friends on my msn to see what has happened. So I can totally understand this post.

(=

Agreed BUt theres nothing wrong with a big faction helping lower players they're a better investment than a higher player