PK Confusions

Options
Nocticula - Harshlands
Nocticula - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have been PK'ed alot lately, an the pattern that gets me everytime is I get stunned; I can't fire but can move. Someone told me alt and fire, ive yet to have it work. Every class does it, is there something I am missing in defending myself? Other question is, do we get alot of points for PK and the more you do it, does your name change color?
[sigpic] [/sigpic]

Something Something Something DarkSide
Post edited by Nocticula - Harshlands on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    stun = cant move cant fire
    silence = can move cant fire
    seal = cant move can fire
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Do you have your pk protections on? If all classes attack you and you cant attack them but you can move, maybe you just have the protections still on. To fight back you can hold control while attacking... or click the small shield icon on the top right hand corner of your screen and uncheck all the boxes.... hopw this helps
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To attack someone in PvP it's actually CTRL + Fire, not alt. That's assuming you haven't deactivated your protections by clicking the shield icon underneath the minimap. You might need to click your target twice to engage auto-attack. You'll also need to hold CTRL if you want to use skills (ex. CTRL + F1 to use a spell from your first slot).

The name changing is simple enough... at least I think so.

If you attack a player, your name will turn pink. If you fail to kill the player, this pink-name won't last very long. A couple of minutes and you'll be back to white. Pink name players have a chance to drop items from their inventory if defeated, but not their equipment.

If you KILL a white named player, your name turns red. This 'status' lasts for a few hours and is extended if you kill more people. Red named players also have a higher chance of dropping items from their inventory, as well as any unbound equipment. This ranges from tomes to aerogears, so don't go red named unless you're willing to take the risks involved!