Why Go Vit if ur a BM

DeathX - Lost City
DeathX - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Blademaster
I dont understand why bms go vit its pointless dex is the best for bms especially axe. what bms go vit to outlast a barb (IMPOSSIBLE) try to last against mag attacks from a veno or mage (IMPOSSIBLE) or take hits from archers like its pebbles (IMPOSSIBLE) i have just restated from a vit build and it sucked even in pvp so i went and got momys credit card went dex capped vit at 50 ( should of did 40 or 30) and now im taking down 7x bms and barbs sometimes 8x and im only lvl 63b:laugh i mean cmon there called blademasters for a reason (master of all weps) to be a blademaster all the weps require dex DUH!!!!!! basicly the point of this thread is to ask why bms go vit.
Post edited by DeathX - Lost City on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    been said many times.....

level 25.... ok heres the deal you get to level 7x on a 0 vit bm with all weapon skills/trees then you can tell me why most people dont do it

hint it takes work....a lot of work

vit is great at lower levels where you cant shard for hp its a cheap and easy way to get you hp the 3 weapon builds use vit and i somtimes envey that extra hp they get (axe/pole/sword, and pole/sword/fist)

in short theirs nothing wrong with vit just with to much vit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    in short theirs nothing wrong with vit just with to much vit

^^ This, since the OP kinda forgets about 80% of the game which is PvE. At level 63 he hasnt even done a medium instance let alone a hard one.
  • _KaitoKid_ - Lost City
    _KaitoKid_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well :P yes BM need vit a bit if u dont put in vit how much HP u will get ? O.o 1k maybe lol ,, u need HP to stay alive ,, u need dex yes :P , try this

2 str 2 dex 1 vit and go have fun ^.^ b:bye
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dex BMs get smashed by wizards ._. go ask ChillaKilla from sanctuary how its like being full dex BM b:sin
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm an all dex BM. Open with will of bodhistiva/alter marrow magical, then smack, then run in and roar, GG. If they live long enough to seal me I have lawbreaker on my genie to remove it, and then run in and drake bash them. The only wizards that ever beat me are the occasional LA cash user ones, or the omg robbed a bank for cash AA ones.

I will admit though no vit is fine for 1v1, but in TWs it is sorely missed b:surrender.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ^^ This, since the OP kinda forgets about 80% of the game which is PvE. At level 63 he hasnt even done a medium instance let alone a hard one.

He also hasn't experienced 7x air mobs. You want VIT for those... LOTS of vit. Or an endless supply of charms.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    or you know...shadowless kick to stop that annoying spell
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I really wish I could go without VIT, because I love both axes/fists. I don't see it happening any time soon, though. I'm hoping that full TT80 gold heavily refined and with a metric ton of flawless citrines will allow me to go back to equipping fists for my level...
  • DeathX - Lost City
    DeathX - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ty for ur replys and also yes i have been a 7x and went through those instences and mobs. Also srry for the title of the thread lol i was trying to say why go full vit i mean isent 50 or 40 enough. I guess i should of went full dex once i hit 8x or 9x the vit would help alot. and also about the wizzie thing u should no that when ur a dex bm u gotta play smarter than any other because of ur vit loss for example: GENIE and marrow.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You chose full vit yourself, and now you're flaming everyone else who adds vit to their BM? ^^

Vit BM's will last more attacks. Sure you can shard for HP, but vit builds get hp from shards AND vit. Archers and other BM's will tend to just tick your charm a lot, only problem is you'll tend to just tick theirs a lot too.

tbh, high vit is not really a harcore pvp build. It own's in PvE however because 2 misties and minimum dex hits pretty much everything bang on and you die a good deal less.
  • ZhangJiao - Harshlands
    ZhangJiao - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have 5k Hp right now..am able to tank a clerlic's/Wizzy/Archers lv60-85 attack if not higher lv'ed. You tell me. Hhm?

May I add am a Sword Bm thats lv75? b:victory
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    axe user going multipath. 69 vit atm, yeah it was easy for lower lvls, i dont need to reset to get all the dex for 90 sword n pole, but ill reset, 50vit FTW, depends on the playing stile also more vit is good for tws
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    He also hasn't experienced 7x air mobs. You want VIT for those... LOTS of vit. Or an endless supply of charms.

there is no logical reason for a bm to kill a flying mob, really.
    Dex BMs get smashed by wizards ._. go ask ChillaKilla from sanctuary how its like being full dex BM b:sin

going full dext is pointless unless u can afford high refines.... and once he has decent refines, no, wont get smashed
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    im a axes bm im lvl 68 almost 69 ive been puting vit in sice lvl 1....i but 3 strength 1 vit and 1 dex every lvl is that good.....b:shockedb:shocked
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    im a axes bm im lvl 68 almost 69 ive been puting vit in sice lvl 1....i but 3 strength 1 vit and 1 dex every lvl is that good.....b:shockedb:shocked

Sounds decent to me... It's not like you overloaded yourself with VIT. The BMs I know do have a fair bit put into VIT but not enough to nerf them into being a Barb with BM skills.
  • Melack - Harshlands
    Melack - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009

cap vit at 50! why i didnt listen all the ppl that tell me that lol now i new to reset ^^ i wasted some points in vit less then 75 but still is a waste
  • fotio2
    fotio2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im a 79bm who accidently added too much vit, i have 100 vit and i gotta say its not that bad. i dont hit as hard as i could i dont crit as much as higher dex bm's, but i can sure withstand alot of dmg, can tank bh's better than all else. and with full hh and mold accessories i hit just as hard as most of the bm's out there... not saying this is what i recommend as im currently working on restatting a bit of vit from equips for dex, just saying its not as bad as everyone says it is...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    b:shocked zmobie thread nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

b:surrenderplease dont necro flame threads
  • Captain_Coke - Heavens Tear
    Captain_Coke - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i have 100 base vit and and dex which is just fine for me in pve and pvp for me, and tanking bosses in FB99 at lvl 90 with my 80 gear still :P
    edited December 2009
    there is no logical reason for a bm to kill a flying mob, really.

Quests? There are many 7x air mob quests. Or I guess someone can just oracle past them... *shrug*
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So i should alter my build to kill some noisy 7x flying mobs? Hell no, yes they are a pain, you dont need a crapload of VIT for them tho. You can do perfectly fine with any build.

And yeah... lets not necro flame threads... b:bye
    edited December 2009
    So i should alter my build to kill some noisy 7x flying mobs? Hell no, yes they are a pain, you dont need a crapload of VIT for them tho. You can do perfectly fine with any build.

And yeah... lets not necro flame threads... b:bye

Should you alter your build? No, but if you're 7x and only have 40-60 vit and you're not a fist build, that's extreme fail.

And I didn't necro this thread... it hasn't ever left the first page of the forum. :p
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I can't see how that is a fail... You don't have to AoE everything that moves you know? especially on air. So 1vs1 flying mobs shouldnt be that hard at all... really, its fairly easy. A lot of work? A pain in the ****? yes. Need a crapload of VIT for it? Again... no.

I know you didnt necro the post, that wasnt directed to you... and i should stfo btw, because im necroing it too now XD.
    edited December 2009
    Well, once you get 3rd map, AoE grinding takes a whole new meaning... with 140 vit, I can get away with grinding uncharmed on pots alone, which saves me from eating up charm... .1% every 3-4 minutes is pretty good, and is one of the reasons why I haven't yet restatted, cause if I do, I'll need to be charmed for it. Having lower HP makes you an easy target for Perdition or magic if they don't happen to crit.

And if you're mainly PvE, I see low vit as being a significant weakness where str and dex (above your min requirements) as being largely unnecessary. Then again, just my opinon, but I don't see a problem with someone having a lot of vit.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    No, nothing bad at it if you like it. Your BM, your build. I don't have any problems AoEing by myself tho. Even without a charm. Mobs die fast, i dont get hitted high either (or at all because they miss XP).

We were talking about air mobs tho b:chuckle

We all know that grinding on air and grinding on land is like night and day
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i completly agree with theres nothing wrong with high vit..yes its good for PvE, but its good for PvP...say im talkin out my **** but i havent lost ONE duel to anyone that ISNT higher than me...except for a cleric..... and i have 216 str 115 vit 60 dex (OMG YES 60 DEX) and im doin jst fine so far..its my first char..so maybe ill learn that MAYBE i shouldnt of gone that way...but so far so good...and ya now its time to concentrate on dex lol
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    putting points into vit would probably be a smart thing to do. im lvl75 and have a vit of 4.2k. i think my vit is around 75-80. its the best thing i could of done. not putting 1 point into vit each turn is risky......u are alot more squishy and u die alot more easily. if u wanna last in battle i suggest putting ur vit up more
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I think i had around that HP at 75... anyway, when chars start getting near 9x, they start being more dex based too. Careful with low dex builds. That's all im saying.

They only place i missed having a crapload of HP is in TW because well... you get ganked from everwhere... but again... saw BMs with 8-9K HP being killed in 10 secs there so... Aside from there, i've never had survival problems.

Low dex also wont let you use all weapon paths so you are making your BM less versatile too. But hey, your BM, not mine. Each weapon has a use tho.
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    :) well I am blademaster with 5 vit base, and i manage to survive in my bhs and pvp. Most of my vit is from my gear, of course. But, the reason i have 5 vit base is for power and i know i need fists and axe so thats why i done that. :/ Not cheap but those criticals and evasions love them :). Yeah blademaster are dds, so unless i can use other weapons, i don t need vit. :). I got nothing against vit, it just doesn t fit my blademaster.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I actually wanted to post something, but I am so sick of people who can't use the search button, I won't even bother.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
This discussion has been closed.