worried about 5x+

Options
Draeyos - Lost City
Draeyos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
ok so im a LA wiz with 1280hp and 1500 mag def( my armor has 6 hp+20 stones in it :S) . i can't afford charms and am having trouble finding affordable gear that is decent for lv 50+.

My question is will i be able to survive these next 10-20 lvs ( by 6x or so there should be plenty of decent gear i can get) i dont want to restat for the magic mobs i will have to fight. do i even need to upgrade my gear for these few lvs ?
Post edited by Draeyos - Lost City on

Comments

• Mahdust - Harshlands
    Mahdust - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ok so im a LA wiz with 1280hp and 1500 mag def( my armor has 6 hp+20 stones in it :S) . i can't afford charms and am having trouble finding affordable gear that is decent for lv 50+.

My question is will i be able to survive these next 10-20 lvs ( by 6x or so there should be plenty of decent gear i can get) i dont want to restat for the magic mobs i will have to fight. do i even need to upgrade my gear for these few lvs ?

Learn to kite ranged mobs, it will be a pain but you'll get through it, its possible to kill them without getting hit if you only use gush and run during the cooldown, its a pain doing it that way but you wont get hit.
    Melee mobs will be cake, use this combo, gush -> pyro -> gush -> phoenix -> gush -> blink backwards -> gush -> phoenix -> gush/sr/w/e, this will kite any melee mob perfectly, and gets you a TON of hits off.

P.S. I still have my lvl 29 pants and fireconjurer's robe, I got through it ok. I relied a lot on dailies though. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ?
    b:puzzled
    you be worried about 5x and your Light Armor?
    LOLS
    those levels were easy and me am full magic and had horrible gear lols.
    b:chuckle

also charms are needed......never lols only in RB gamma mayhaps HP charms...
    as for MP you can get by with meditation during your level and teh occasional apoth/event pots if you don't want to wait.
    (^.^)'

you'll be fine.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Draeyos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i was just wondering because my BM had alot of trouble vs those magic mobs( though i know bms have low mag def). also is my hp ok atm?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lols keyword "magic mobs"
    they do even less to you (even if you are light armor) then they do to BMs (Who wear teh heavy armor)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    First time I touched a HP charm was level... 75 or something. And I was light armor too. You don't really need them. Just buy tokens and trade those for MP pots; those will last you a long time, it's relatively really cheap. Don't use HP/MP charms, and don't use HP pots unless you -have- to (to avoid dying), stick to healing yourself with morning dew in between mobs. At your level, I had an easy time making money on the little islands south of misfortune, there's snakes there with you should be able to kill before they poison you. They drop pretty well. You can also try mobs like foxwings. Just stay away from charms, they aren't worth it.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    First time I touched a HP charm was level... 75 or something. And I was light armor too. You don't really need them. Just buy tokens and trade those for MP pots; those will last you a long time, it's relatively really cheap. Don't use HP/MP charms, and don't use HP pots unless you -have- to (to avoid dying), stick to healing yourself with morning dew in between mobs. At your level, I had an easy time making money on the little islands south of misfortune, there's snakes there with you should be able to kill before they poison you. They drop pretty well. You can also try mobs like foxwings. Just stay away from charms, they aren't worth it.

I agree. I don't using charms also. But now I wandering buy some1 just for Cube. I'm not sure, if I would survive these 100s stand alive rooms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I saw your gear earlier today, and you'd definitely need a charm in room 47 (not sure you'd make it even then). The first and second rooms you should not need charm, just click hp pot before you go in so that it's active, then run to corner and do morning dew macro (macro is "Repeat, Morning Dew").
  • Mahdust - Harshlands
    Mahdust - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I saw your gear earlier today, and you'd definitely need a charm in room 47 (not sure you'd make it even then). The first and second rooms you should not need charm, just click hp pot before you go in so that it's active, then run to corner and do morning dew macro (macro is "Repeat, Morning Dew").

For some reason when i read this, i read "Morning Dew" as "Mountain Dew".

Then i was like, this will work forsho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Thanks :-) for advice. I never finish cube yet and it **** me off.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just buy tokens and trade those for MP pots; those will last you a long time, it's relatively really cheap.

how many pots per tokens do you get?

and aren't tokens like 20k each?
    b:shocked

also....me has enough mana to last me 8.25 hours of channeling DB. (this be not counting regular mp regen so......realistically probably near 8.5+ hours or so.)
    me think that should be enough for the 2x weekend coming up.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rainesierr - Lost City
    Rainesierr - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you're LA and worry about 5x......god save you lol. what im finding so far is that LA and Pure are pretty similar. When i duel decent pure wizzys of my level, i usually lose but i come damn close to winning. they are usually left with 5% hp or less.

Edit: why the hell did i switch to from levels to talking about Pure vs LA......O.o time for rain to go to bed.
    please sign here: _______________
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I agree. I don't using charms also. But now I wandering buy some1 just for Cube. I'm not sure, if I would survive these 100s stand alive rooms.
    I was able to do Room 47 charmless with 5.2k HP, jiaozi and max Morning Dew, a total of -15% channeling on my gear. It was pretty close, though... my HP went down to 700-900 three times or so. Used Sutra twice and Tree of Protection once.
    how many pots per tokens do you get?

and aren't tokens like 20k each?
    You get 50 pots for 3 tokens. If I remember correctly, those pots give 3.5k MP, so you get 175k MP for ~60k.

For comparison sake:
    Gold Charm - 900k MP - 1.5-2m?
    300 pots - 1050k MP - ~360k

Also, when you die, you won't have your charm tick for your whole MP, and you can use double spark more effectively. The difference is quite huge, and this way your MP recovery gets to do more too so you're saving a lot of money.

EDIT: Lol I just got on and checked, and they actually give 5k MP... so you get even more out of it. I put my calc away and I'm too tired to bother changing it, but I'm sure you can figure it out yourself. They're definately better than MP charms, 3 tokens (~60k) for 250k worth of MP is great.
  • Draeyos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    where are these pots? the ones ive seen require me to be lv 75 o.o
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I actually forgot pots had a level requirement, haven't had to worry about level requirements for a while... b:sweat In that case you'll have to stick to buying sesame from players.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks :-) for advice. I never finish cube yet and it **** me off.b:angry
    Oh, one more thing. When you go in to the earlier rooms, you'll get aggro from like 1-3 mobs. Normally I kill them with Phoenix, but you might not be able to 1-shot them with your wep. In that case, you should go for Dragon Breath and hit them all a few times with aoe (or if you aggro just one you can gush/phoenix/pyro or w/e). Then start morning dew, but you might be running low on hp even with a hp pot. A charm tick or sutra-heal would help.

You might also want to set off a dew of protection for the 3k damage absorb before you enter. It won't apply to the damage from the center mob, but it'll keep the little guys from hitting you very hard.

For room 47 you might just want to invest in tokens and bring a lot of do-all cards with you. 8 do-alls to pass is expensive, but you're guaranteed to finish cube at that point.

Tokens are really good for cube if you can get them cheap, actually. Mysterious Chips get you a good supply of dice tickets (I have a few hundred atm), you can get the good hp jiaozi (heal 3500 hp in 10 sec), and do-all cards. Set up a shop to buy tokens for 17k each and stock up for cube runs.

Do-alls also let you pass room 34, which can easily remain empty for 20 minutes otherwise. I wouldn't bother using them on room 14, though--easier and cheaper to teleport back to start and try to bypass the room.

Other problematic rooms:
    In the "kill 2 in 2 minutes" rooms, start killing one mob before taking the quest. Use snare/gush/shrink/phoenix (don't get any others in aoe)/etc to damage it without letting it recover hp with drain. Then use Force of Will on it and grab the quest, then finish it off in 1-2 hits. That gives you like 1:45 to finish off the 2nd one, and you can spark for it.

I usually do snare/pyro/gush/s-key/shrink/gush/phoenix (if in good position)/gush/pyro/Force/quest/gush, or some variation, depending on how much damage I get.

For the real or fake room, you can kite the mobs perfectly with just sage gush/phoenix/gush/s-key/shrink/repeat. Watch your mana though--you can burn through 6k mp easy.

Room 38 is tricky until you get the hang of it. Make sure you have Holy Path and speed pots. My genie can holy path 2x in a row (high vit and mag), which makes things much easier. I usually take the left hand wall, there's an ant that will come in diagonally and then run from your corner to the far left corner. Follow it with holy path, avoid the hands (you can wait in the corner for a second while they explode), then head for the npc in the far corner. You should be able to make it without running into any ants, but be careful, and use a 2nd holy path/speed pots/shrink.

Room 27 has only three configurations. You'll either be safe going 2nd from left, 2nd from right, or a diagonal path (you may want to wait 10-15 min for room to switch if you're not comfortable with diagonal). Just listen and don't get close to the mobs you can hear.

Counting the apples takes practice, just count them in groups.

If you're having trouble with any other rooms, let me know which ones and I'll post how I get through them.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Credits and props @ Seraphim:

ROOM 28 GUIDE:

For blue balls
    1. If given option 13, 14 or 15 - answer = 14.
    2. If given option 14, 13 or 12 - answer = 12.
    3. If given option 11, 10 or 12 - answer = 12.
    4. If given option 09, 14 or 12 - answer = 12.
    5. If given option 08, 12 or 11 - answer = 11.
    6. If given option 09, 10 or 11 - answer = 11.

For White balls
    1. If given option 10, 09 or 11 - answer = 11.
    2. If given option 10, 08 or 11 - answer = 10.
    3. If given option 10, 08 or 09 - answer = 10.
    4. If given option 11, 10 or 09 - answer = 11.

For Red Balls Doesn't work so just wait 3 minutes for reset.

Now my own experience for room 38:
    Many ppl hate this room, but it's just as easy as any other "walk to npc" room.
    So:
    Watch the ants at the entrance, there is one that's going very close to the wall on the right. Follow that one from 1 end to the other with holly path and apothecary for speed avoiding the hands (Distance shrink is enough for wizzies). That ant is the only one that comes close enough to the wall to kill you. As long as you follow it you will be safe, just have to keep up the pace with her. 2 holy paths will take you to the first corner. Then wait until that ant passes again if u can't keep up. Easy to spot as it comes from the left hand wall and goes on the right hand one at about 75% of the circle diameter from the wall. Last time I died in that room was in August I think, lol, before seeing a clip on youtube with this trick.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]