Auction House Noobs

Morrzan - Sanctuary
Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Why are you able to cancell your auction item? People put items up and if they don't get high enough, they cancell... In real auctions you can't cancell. I understand someone might put an item in on accident, or misprice it.

SOLUTION: Make auction items/bid only cancellable for first 30 minutes.
POST AWAY!
Post edited by Morrzan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why are you able to cancell your auction item? People put items up and if they don't get high enough, they cancell... In real auctions you can't cancell. I understand someone might put an item in on accident, or misprice it.

POST AWAY!

bad idea just make it able to be canceled when theres no bid placed on it
    that way it wont harm anyone cause your just stupid to wait and ninja bid in my opinion
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I had this happen to me more than once for the exact same item. It was an armor piece (can't remember what type now). I make the highest bid on it and for some reason, the auction gets cancelled and the item placed back in auction. I'm sitting there like "WTF??". After like 4-5 attempts to get that armor, even going as far as making a much higher bid than I felt it's actually worth, I gave up on it completely. Morrzan, I'm starting to think you may be right... which is why I now only buy things from AH with a Buy Now price on it (if it's reasonable, that is).
  • trufflelove
    trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree, down with cancelers >( 30 minutes is plenty of give for someone that made an initial posting mistake. I know I've made the rare one. Ninja bidding is really the only way. Sometimes I'll bid on something if its reasonable ahead of time, but I wont all out bid war over something cause 90% of the time its the owner doing it. Which I will happily let them win so PWI can take 2%+posting fee from them to put them at a loss even if they do sell it next time. b:thanks
  • Krystaline_ - Dreamweaver
    Krystaline_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009

POST AWAY!

i agree they should put a time limit thus putting an end to all the stupid bid ending as soon as you make an offer they dont like
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    5 minute to cancel ah if mistake is enough
    make it be 15 minute to be safe
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Vvix - Dreamweaver
    Vvix - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009

POST AWAY!

Correction, in real auctions, there's this thing called a reserve. Its a price the seller sets as the minimum he/she's willing to accept. If the reserve is not met, the item is not sold. So, in all actuality, this happens in a real auction as well.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Correction, in real auctions, there's this thing called a reserve. Its a price the seller sets as the minimum he/she's willing to accept. If the reserve is not met, the item is not sold. So, in all actuality, this happens in a real auction as well.

I'm not sure if this is the same or not. In this case, the rl auction can only be canceled if a certain price isn't met, and not on a whim by the one putting the item up for auction. Here, an auction can be canceled for no reason whatsoever. I'm not sure what the reasons would be other than making a mistake for canceling would be, but I'm sure that at least a few people cancel for very odd reasons.

And I also feel that a time limit for auction canceling would be beneficial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Err what are you people talking about ? I can't cancel my auction item if it ends in 2 hours ( or more not sure right now ) Am I missing something here ?
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo