New Aerocraft : Your Opinions

13»

Comments

• Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    First of all, everyone is entitled to get any gear they want, wether it be a mount or some flying gear.

Second, i personally find it silly to spend so much cash on something that lets you get from one point to another a bit faster. But it's the same with cars, everyone has a preference oc.

The only thing i ever bought is a simple mount for 5 gold because i got fed up walking/flying everywhere in town. I could afford a faster more expensive mount or flying gear, but i'd rather spend it on something i can really use.

My gaming experience won't change one bit if i would buy something like that, i would just look different, and for 40G, it's an expensive look.

My advice ? If you are richer then crusoe, go for it, if you have to grind like crazy to get it, buy something useful instead.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    First of all, everyone is entitled to get any gear they want, wether it be a mount or some flying gear.

Second, i personally find it silly to spend so much cash on something that lets you get from one point to another a bit faster. But it's the same with cars, everyone has a preference oc.

The only thing i ever bought is a simple mount for 5 gold because i got fed up walking/flying everywhere in town. I could afford a faster more expensive mount or flying gear, but i'd rather spend it on something i can really use.

My gaming experience won't change one bit if i would buy something like that, i would just look different, and for 40G, it's an expensive look.

My advice ? If you are richer then crusoe, go for it, if you have to grind like crazy to get it, buy something useful instead.
    I'm still using a wave pacer. Dont know if I can keep it for wq though.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    HappyFace - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I bought the wings the very second they got into the boutique.

And I was soo waiting for a non-ugly mount for untamed, but failed to get anything wirthy this time again too.
    What the heck with the lame flower in the crane's mouth? : ) Jeez!
    Thank you, PWI boutique items designers, you saved my 40 bucks. You can keep the $40 I spent on the Dark Night though, I like those for my healer : )
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Who cares about a faster boost speed.
    Now if they were 4/6 *then* they would be woth 40 gold, or maybe more.
  • insomiac
    insomiac Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Blah blah blah it really annoys me to see people here saying omg this another
    scam I wouldn't pay $$$ for it and rich people this and that. Really guys
    most people that charge there account aren't even rich and yes I do put
    money in this game why because I like to treat myself every once in a while. I know its game but I always set aside some save money to spend on things like this,besides this new mounts and as all the items on the cash shop are a choice and no one its forcing you to buy them.So its up really to you if want to use $ or in game coins.Later enjoy your game
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    insomiac wrote: »
    money in this game why because I like to treat myself every once in a while. I know its game but I always set aside some save money to spend on things like this,besides this new mounts and as all the items on the cash shop are a choice and no one its forcing you to buy them.So its up really to you if want to use $ or in game coins.Later enjoy your game

Good budgeting FTW. b:victory
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    most people that charge there account aren't even rich
    and yes I do put

Of course theyre not. Theyve already spent their money buying anni packs and getting endgame gear. Why would they need coins after that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Noxus - Dreamweaver
    Noxus - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Personally, these new aerocraft look very nice, but everything else is so overpriced now, & 40 gold to get these?

I dont think its worth it.
    I do like them but to much gold/coins to get them.

Your ideas?

I like them and I think its worth it cause of +6 on boost.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I like them and I think its worth it cause of +6 on boost.

agreed.
    (>.<)
    1+ extra m/s would give you a huge advantage in PvP.
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's simple really, if you don't like the price don't buy it.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    40g aka what 20m on sanctuary, why spend 20m on that when you can save around that maby a tad more or less to get things like galactic beetle, irredescence, and the drill which if ur gonna attempt to grind 20m in game you may as well just get those. pretty stupid of them (sry but it's the truth) to put a 40g flight that's slower then the ones released in so many events that their prices are rather low i mean seriously do you even have a brain.

Other than looks, the only thing these wings offer better than the Phoenix Embrace is the +6 hasted speed. Otherwise they are the exact same speed. Not many people use fuel anyways, its cheaper to teleport than use the fuel.

So basically you are paying 10 extra Gold for +1 speed extra on the hasted if you use fuel. If you don't, you are paying 10 gold extra for just different looking wings.

They are pretty, I've waited a long time for them to come out b/c I really wanted them, but with the 40 gold price tag, I decided I didn't have to have them. The iri's are cheaper and work just fine! I'd have bought them tho if they had been 30 gold like the Phoenix Embrace.

I agree, they are now just getting greedy. They should have at least made it comparable to the price of other wings of the same speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited November 2009

What annoys me is that you are annoyed! Just in case you are unaware of what a forum is for, I'm going to tell you. Its for the gaming community to discuss, make others aware of, or instruct. This is where the gaming community comes to vent, praise or otherwise shatter the game and more.

On the same token, couldn't one say if you are that annoyed don't read? Just sayin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • subarugirl
    subarugirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your wings on your character? i wanna see them before i buy them.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    these technically arent new they have already been in game they dropped a ticket from a boss in lvl 2 tw and lvl 1 tw but now they just made it so you can buy it using gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    subarugirl wrote: »

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your wings on your character? i wanna see them before i buy them.

They look like this ingame:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/q-1.png

and this is what they're supposed to look like:
    http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/elf/Dark%20Night.jpg
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Those screenshots were taken in game toob:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    subarugirl wrote: »

They look like this ingame:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/q-1.png

and this is what they're supposed to look like:
    http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/elf/Dark%20Night.jpg

The difference is from the skill of the photographer and the graphics settings.

The second image was taken when the wings were at full extention, with a nicer backdrop, a higher resolution screen, anti aliasing turned on, and with a more attractive character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited November 2009

The difference is from the skill of the photographer and the graphics settings.

The second image was taken when the wings were at full extention, with a nicer backdrop, a higher resolution screen, anti aliasing turned on, and with a more attractive character.

k...this is the screenie from the announcements:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/winged_elves1118.jpg

they dont have the 4 yellow glows that they're supposed to have :p
    and the top bit of them are shiny for some reason
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think that was just a lucky screenshot.

20091117103640.jpg

You can see them more clearly here. There's nothing different about these wings, other than the computer (and therefore hardware specs) that it was taken on b:victory The background on this one kinda makes that highlighting blend in too.
    edited November 2009
    Oh ok, I guess it's something like the lobster lines of doom..some can see em, some cant
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They look nice, personally I don't like the wings much like I like Iridescence, Brilliant Plumes or even Watcher of Skies.

For the fact they're fast, sure, yet, Brilliant Plumes and Iridescence are still faster, so for what it comes, I'd rather get Brilliant Plumes (I already have Iridescence xD) than Dark Night wings :P seriously :x

And yes I think 40 dollars for something like it is ->very<- expensive.
    YET, you save 6-12 bucks on widgets :P so I'd buy them if they were about 25 gold or even 30 on the worse case, but I don't like them that much to spend such a big amount of money on something that is slower and more expensive than what I currently have so, I pass :D

As for the sword I LOVE IT, yet its expensive again, sorry to say but... I'd rather get 4 burgers from wendys than a pair of wings >,> LOL
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Keep squeezin that lemon PWE b:laugh b:laugh
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    the elf wings are ugly
    the sword is smexy b:dirty (how can you go wrong with pink and purple)
    the bird has the dumb lines like the lobster.

the speed on all isn't the greatest.
    b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:surrender
    me would just like to take this post to explain....
    +1 M/S is a HUGE advantage while fighting other people.....
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I did like the Dark Knight but now I like the Beautiful Plumes.
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The purple addict in me went like this:

OMGASTRALMELODY!

But not for 40 gold. I have a sapphire gem to buy. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!