Will Nefarious follow CQ's example?

Options
Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Although I am an avid Sanctuary player and not at all involved in TW, some of you might be surprised to know that I quietly follow the politics of Lost City and HT as well. What I know comes strictly from the forums, so I'm sure quite a bit of it is very biased as well as missing chunks of information. Still, it's something I have fun watching.

Any of you forum regulars have probably already noticed that Conqueror over on LC is reforming into a new faction to, in essence, reset the TW map. Will this change anything, idk. Will Conqueror's new faction end up taking the whole map again? idk that either. But I must admit it's a pretty grand gesture to their server, handing it back and saying "here, lets give it another round."

Obviously, there is still a chance, albeit a small one, that nefarious won't get to control the whole map. No offense to regicide because I personally have a lot of respect for you guys as a faction, but I just don't see it happening. I'm not one to claim to know the inner workings of legendary either, but you guys seem to have kinda given up somewhere along the line, thrown in the towel.

So if Nef does manage to get the entire map, do you think the current members and more specifically leaders of Nefarious would be inclined to do this as well? I don't personally plan to ever participate in TW, although we have discussed attacking the actual Sanctuary territory for fun, because we like it there. b:chuckle
However I am still curious what everybody thinks. As a silent observer until now it's been interesting to watch things play out. What will happen next?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    we, as Legendary, definitely bidded on Nefarious last week <.< the passing weekend was our first time trying to defend against them again and of course we were rolled.. we're still trying though >c
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally i believe these next few weeks will define Nef. They will probably be doing some soul searching (kicking inactive tw members in other words booting people who dont tw or arent reliable enough to tw and are taking up space, rethink if someone should be paid to go around picking herbs for a given quota, actually farming gear for their members cause in the last tw i saw a 90+ using TT80????????).

Im guessing for the next few weeks it'll end up as Nef loses 1 land but gains 1 back in the same week until eventually they recruit enough active members to fend off Reg, Leg, and ???. 400+ million a week, 3vs1 tws, and e-peen will draw in recruits. People wont leave if its basically the same as when you joined and your getting paid a good amount.....

I do not believe Nef will do what CQ did. Would be good for their guild and the server in my opinion since at least it would purge the people there for coins. Im pretty sure even Nef doesn't like fighting in 7+ boring 5 min tw's a week.
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally i believe these next few weeks will define Nef. They will probably be doing some soul searching (kicking inactive tw members in other words booting people who dont tw or arent reliable enough to tw and are taking up space, rethink if someone should be paid to go around picking herbs for a given quota, actually farming gear for their members cause in the last tw i saw a 90+ using TT80????????).

Im guessing for the next few weeks it'll end up as Nef loses 1 land but gains 1 back in the same week until eventually they recruit enough active members to fend off Reg, Leg, and ???. 400+ million a week, 3vs1 tws, and e-peen will draw in recruits. People wont leave if its basically the same as when you joined and your getting paid a good amount.....

I do not believe Nef will do what CQ did. Would be good for their guild and the server in my opinion since at least it would purge the people there for coins. Im pretty sure even Nef doesn't like fighting in 7+ boring 5 min tw's a week.

steamroll tws are so boring b:surrender but i guess the best part is that you dont waste charm..
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    we, as Legendary, definitely bidded on Nefarious last week <.< the passing weekend was our first time trying to defend against them again and of course we were rolled.. we're still trying though >c

Well I'm glad to hear that, honestly. I don't like to see people give up. Perhaps gave up was the wrong thing to say...it feels more like disheartened. You guys have to pump that morale! b:angry FLAMES OF PASSION!! .........................ahem. *cough* As I was saying...

I'm currently under the impression that Nefarious would not give up the map like that, but only time will tell what is really going to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I don't think Nef will grow faster than 3/4 guilds combined lol. Perhaps Nef may lose 2 lands a week if Legendary and some of the other factions on the server can draw in more high level recruits as well.

CQ Lost 2 lands a week to RQ/Spectral/Harvester 3v1s, but it was never easy for them to slot together. It's true that the #1 guild on most servers cannot simultaneously defend the #2, #3, #4 guilds, but it's just the time slots that's the problem in all honesty. Leg / Reg in the past couldn't slot together either, though together they forced Nef to lose land.

If Nef did manage to take the entire map, they'd probably get bored as well(I would), perhaps not the leaderships' decision to reform but maybe some members advocate it themselves lol. TBH they wouldn't need to reform... they have another faction Eminence they could go to, Only time will tell. =P
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't think Nef will grow faster than 3/4 guilds combined lol. Perhaps Nef may lose 2 lands a week if Legendary and some of the other factions on the server can draw in more high level recruits as well.

CQ Lost 2 lands a week to RQ/Spectral/Harvester 3v1s, but it was never easy for them to slot together. It's true that the #1 guild on most servers cannot simultaneously defend the #2, #3, #4 guilds, but it's just the time slots that's the problem in all honesty. Leg / Reg in the past couldn't slot together either, though together they forced Nef to lose land.

If Nef did manage to take the entire map, they'd probably get bored as well(I would), perhaps not the leaderships' decision to reform but maybe some members advocate it themselves lol. TBH they wouldn't need to reform... they have another faction Eminence they could go to, Only time will tell. =P

You're very right, and I'm not saying that it's impossible to prevent nef from taking the whole map, I'm just saying that that's what seems to be happening. As I said before, I'm not familiar with TW and I doubt I ever will be, so I don't really know how the time slots work.

I think one of the main issues this server has right now is that there are an insane amount of 90+ people who are inactive in TW, with or without experience. My faction alone has several 90+ and we're just a tiny little group. I think that a lot of them have found homes they just don't want to leave. And from my experience these are players who have been around a lot longer than these new "high levels" coming up into the game. They know a lot more and would be a greater asset to TW. Nefarious has a lot of long time players as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well dust them off the guild and have them join a tw faction b:cute b:thanks
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well dust them off the guild and have them join a tw faction b:cute b:thanks

no, bad, my high level players. mine. b:angry

(ask the other factions for their high levels, there's a ridicdulous amount out there! b:surrender )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

We never know...thats why i said these next few weeks will define Nef. The rest is just my opinion of whats gonna happen. People are still too lazy to really try. I am still rooting for Reg, Leg, Enelysion vs Nef......but even you should know some nub guilds will **** it up for you guys. They'll use the excuse "why cant we have fun too".

BTW yes i know those people forced CQ to lose but look what happen those three guilds they failed. Heck, even CQ at one point was giving Spec apothecary pots so they would wage better wars.....that is depressing. I know that last part cause of RedRose on Lost City. RQ basically disbanded and werent even close to their former strength or organization. RQ wasnt even as strong as it was when Pandora was there. DestroyTokyo, Amour, Corlaine, etc were RQ and went to CQ cause RQ wasnt their RQ.

Nef though isn't near as organized as CQ though and doesnt take care of its members as well as CQ either. I can say this cause they dont farm gear for most of their members, don't pay people to specifically farm a certain quota of herbs, dont pay to +5 an entire set for long standing members (+4 a weapon is ok but not nearly enough), actively pk as guild, get members to finish their past map quests to get the gold past belt.

If you left Dan i dunno what Reg would do without you. Its good you stuck around and worked at it.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    We never know...thats why i said these next few weeks will define Nef. The rest is just my opinion of whats gonna happen. People are still too lazy to really try. I am still rooting for Reg, Leg, Enelysion vs Nef......but even you should know some nub guilds will **** it up for you guys. They'll use the excuse "why cant we have fun too".

BTW yes i know those people forced CQ to lose but look what happen those three guilds they failed. Heck, even CQ at one point was giving Spec apothecary pots so they would wage better wars.....that is depressing. I know that last part cause of RedRose on Lost City. RQ basically disbanded and werent even close to their former strength or organization. RQ wasnt even as strong as it was when Pandora was there. DestroyTokyo, Amour, Corlaine, etc were RQ and went to CQ cause RQ wasnt their RQ.

Nef though isn't near as organized as CQ though and doesnt take care of its members as well as CQ either. I can say this cause they dont farm gear for most of their members, don't pay people to specifically farm a certain quota of herbs, dont pay to +5 an entire set for long standing members (+4 a weapon is ok but not nearly enough), actively pk as guild, get members to finish their past map quests to get the gold past belt.

If you left Dan i dunno what Reg would do without you. Its good you stuck around and worked at it.

That's a shame too. RQ, Spectral, Harvester had it until RQ broke apart, leaving only a two pronged attack. Well idk how well GZ stood but those 3 were the main 3 for quite some time since GZ was allied to CQ.

TBH there were a lot of stronger leaders out there than myself at some time, but I don't think they stuck around long. I didn't ever expect my year old faction that started out as just a friend faction, to stay up and alive this long. We've lost a looot more TWs than I can imagine, a lot of more powerful factions that actually won TWs and had great potential died real fast, while we were just the bystanders slowly working up to emerge as a recognized TW faction.

• Sinangel - Sanctuary
    Sinangel - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cute, real cute. However, you are evading the most basic question. Who has the most to gain from these 3 prong attacks and who suffers the costs w.o gains? Legendary and all these...other pawns of your's may help but you encourage it simply because you know only regicide will gain from any of the efforts. I think it's intelligent of you to use the server to advance regicide but what will you do once those guilds realize that they aren't gaining anything and that they are basically charm **** themselves to help regicide without any hope for gain? I must admit, this is one of the reasons nef doesn't make allies because we don't want to use other guilds like you have. We pride ourselves on being transparent without other motives. We don't use people, we work for it. We aren't going to deny that we are going for map domination but we aren't like you in using all these guilds to my benefit then when we don't need them anymore, toss them.

This is quite similar to the past leg/reg relationship except its reversed now. The reason you stopped attacking us was because you did realize you had nothing to gain, everything to lose.

As for the loss last week, it was partly due to miscommunication, and partly due to lack of preparation.

If the server rallies to take down nef so be it. But do it for your own self gain. Creating another conqueror who would just as easily turn on you would hardly be productive, rather counter productive no?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I honestly didn't mean to make a thread to bring in arguments and anger. I suppose I should have predicted it somewhat, but it was just supposed to be a discussion regarding what nef might do afterwards ("IF") they got the whole map. I was just wondering what everybody thought. I never expected to see a faction like CQ, who so many people seemed to badmouth and dislike, do something like that and it got me to thinking what might happen here since we have a pretty similar situation regarding TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Actully, Nef had allies when there were more colours on the map and when there were more then 3 factions that were good enough to be counted in as a strong faction. Nef played it smart and made bad excusses when they knew that the other factions were gaining on them with power.
    like when "Rebirth" were supposed to control Outlaws district, "Rebirth" wiped most of Outlaws lands and started growing then Nef understod they had to take "Rebirth" out of the map since Outlaw wasnt a threat anymore so they had to find a reason to break the alliance between them...blablabla...

Sarendena killed a Nef member in PVP and Nef used it as a reason and started taking out "Rebirth"s lands week by week..and the story goes on...

I dont really remember the whole "happening" but it went something like that.

edit: "Rebirth" wasnt the only faction that got manipulated by Nef, I think there some more that was used as their poppets. That was most peoples reason for hating Nef and saying that they were "the bad people".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeifEricsson - Sanctuary
    LeifEricsson - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Find some old Seppakku members and ask them and the old members of NWO what Nef had done to them once they allied with Nef then Nef decided to send Sep to atatck NWO to wipe them out then Nef turned on Sep and wipped them off the map i been on this server since last october I seen so much stuff and know so much i was once in Legendary i know Legendary's heart but i also know the strength of Regicide . 1 thing i know for sure if Sep's members were to come back to this server since i know most of them left the Sanctuary server and joined with Regicide or Legendary Nef would have 1 hell of time
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Find some old Seppakku members and ask them and the old members of NWO what Nef had done to them once they allied with Nef then Nef decided to send Sep to atatck NWO to wipe them out then Nef turned on Sep and wipped them off the map i been on this server since last october I seen so much stuff and know so much i was once in Legendary i know Legendary's heart but i also know the strength of Regicide . 1 thing i know for sure if Sep's members were to come back to this server since i know most of them left the Sanctuary server and joined with Regicide or Legendary Nef would have 1 hell of time

you have noooooooooooooooooooo idea what you're talking about eh?

lol, sepp allied with nef.... thanks for the lolz
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cute, real cute. However, you are evading the most basic question. Who has the most to gain from these 3 prong attacks and who suffers the costs w.o gains? Legendary and all these...other pawns of your's may help but you encourage it simply because you know only regicide will gain from any of the efforts. I think it's intelligent of you to use the server to advance regicide but what will you do once those guilds realize that they aren't gaining anything and that they are basically charm **** themselves to help regicide without any hope for gain?

I believe I've answered this already in other posts, but I'll answer your question again respectfully.

RedRaidrs - Came very close to breaking the Nefarious' crystal as they did Legendary's Crystal, for the price of 500K fee to attack, rather than paying 5M to attack. Already the same chance to win, with marginally less to lose.

Legendary - They border no other faction, they can only attack Nef, no other option but to attack Nef. For the first time they have restored their hope in challenging Nef, they actually show up to defend Nef now. Props to them.

Regicide - We could have just as easily did what CQ did and give up land to reclaim it from from PVE lands/other people, but where is the challenge in that, as we'd still be attacking Nefarious in the end, there is no avoiding Nefarious, they border every single land on the map.

In reality, each participant did gain, though quantitative or qualitative values that cannot accurately be measured by who "gained the most." Each gaining in varying aspects to be determined by themselves how much they gained. If people aren't even willing to try attacking because they are worried about their wallets, then maybe they should reconsider their priorities as a TW faction, and actually attempt to organize and launch a plan that might against Nef.

It seems that people are trying to paint Regicide as the only people that are gaining,which isn't true. The real question is: Why take land off Leg/Reg, when you know in the end Nef will turn on you and take it from you?
    I must admit, this is one of the reasons nef doesn't make allies because we don't want to use other guilds like you have. We pride ourselves on being transparent without other motives. We don't use people, we work for it. We aren't going to deny that we are going for map domination but we aren't like you in using all these guilds to my benefit then when we don't need them anymore, toss them.

So by what you are saying is that joint attacks are considered allied factions/using them? Perhaps we could follow your examples? :D

Okay... that's funny, perhaps you forgot, but Nefarious had arranged Outlaw to attack Legendary with them so they could win Etherblade off of Legendary.

Another instance, Nefarious had used Eminence, a declared sister faction by Sas to benefit Nefarious with their 200 member capacity problem, to arrange an attack with them so they could win King's Feast off of Steel.

-Edit: You guys arranged "Rebirth" as allies to take out Outlaw, because you were allied to Outlaw and couldn't do it yourself. Then when Outlaw was done, you didn't need "Rebirth" anymore, and wiped them off the map.

You guys try really hard to make your rival factions look like the bad guys eh?
    As for the loss last week, it was partly due to miscommunication, and partly due to lack of preparation.

Sigh, if you were really as disorganized as you say you are, then it would only be right for RR and LG to attack you guys. Although, still people in Nef are accusing us of paying people to attack Nef. At least it's not axe throwing archers this time. ><

This is quite similar to the past leg/reg relationship except its reversed now. The reason you stopped attacking us was because you did realize you had nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Somewhat true, though you guys seemed much more organized when Devalis was around. Though this time around, the tables have turned. Regicide and Legendary are exactly where they need to be, without fear of having attacks being pushed to Sunday due to too many defenses from fake bidders, as well as having the stronger faction begin the TW so the other 2 factions can take on the B and C team and have strong chances to gain.

If the server rallies to take down nef so be it. But do it for your own self gain. Creating another conqueror who would just as easily turn on you would hardly be productive, rather counter productive no?

I don't think you are getting my point. :P We aren't forcing anyone, nor paying anyone to attack Nef with us. Should their leadership believe they have good odds to claiming land, they will do what's best for their own factions and bid on whom they like. We'll be bidding on Nef as they offer us the greatest challenge. And I don't think people should worry about the future because in order for the future to exist in the first place, the present issue must be addressed.

And yes, we don't need another Conqueror because Nef will turn on them and wipe them off the map like they did to "Rebirth." b:bye They are after all the main threat, and are after the whole map, so we can infer by that statement it means that EVERYONE else will be attacked and wiped off the map. It's only common sense to nullify that threat that's been gripping the server since the beginning.

edited November 2009
    Options
    I know what am talking about it clearlu says in my post Nef turned on Sep lmao should read the whole post first
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Actully, Nef had allies when there were more colours on the map and when there were more then 3 factions that were good enough to be counted in as a strong faction. Nef played it smart and made bad excusses when they knew that the other factions were gaining on them with power.
    like when "Rebirth" were supposed to control Outlaws district, "Rebirth" wiped most of Outlaws lands and started growing then Nef understod they had to take "Rebirth" out of the map since Outlaw wasnt a threat anymore so they had to find a reason to break the alliance between them...blablabla...

Sarendena killed a Nef member in PVP and Nef used it as a reason and started taking out "Rebirth"s lands week by week..and the story goes on...

I dont really remember the whole "happening" but it went something like that.

edit: "Rebirth" wasnt the only faction that got manipulated by Nef, I think there some more that was used as their poppets. That was most peoples reason for hating Nef and saying that they were "the bad people".

Nefarious exposed in True Form. b:laugh

*special thanks to Decep for the pic. xD

edited November 2009
    Options
    I know what am talking about it clearlu says in my post Nef turned on Sep lmao should read the whole post first

I read the whole post oh wise one who has been here for a loooong time and knows sooooo much.

Since when did Nef give orders to Seppuku?
    How did Nef turn on Seppuku when they were never allied or in a truce together..?

but good job on trying b:bye
    edited November 2009
    Options
    GETTING BACK ON TOPIC...

Even if Nefarious gave away all their land in the off chance they own the entire map, I would hope the GMs would take it to revert all land to PvE.

Otherwise, every Tom **** and Harry can bid on a territory and stroll up to the crystal, break it, and rake in a 10mil salary for x amount of weeks b:cute
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some things were kept secret i had intel from inside Sep from one of their members b4 they went without internet for 3 months
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some things were kept secret i had intel from inside Sep from one of their members b4 they went without internet for 3 months

ah of course. how silly of me to doubt the secret intel you have.

Someone from inside Nefarious told me Sasaki had 4 legs and 7 eyes b4 they went without internet for 3 months.

it's true
    edited November 2009
    Options
    [removed]

Almost not true. I almost got banned for attacking Nef with my WeDoUrFBs...

it was scary >.<
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    [removed]

[discussion of disciplinary action is not allowed here, if you have something to report send a ticket]

• bloodredmage
    bloodredmage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    At least it's not axe throwing archers this time. ><

OMG , just remembering this make's me laugh . Astttttt ! Where has your axcher army gone to ? b:angry
  • AliasAliana - Sanctuary
    AliasAliana - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    OMG , just remembering this make's me laugh . Astttttt ! Where has your axcher army gone to ? b:angry

when ya reinstalling ?b:laugh
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options

Pwetty we're hiding outside PW cuz anni packs are scary... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AliasAliana - Sanctuary
    AliasAliana - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lolz why be scared of the Anni packs they wont hurt ya unless ya buying them b:laugh
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Pwetty we're hiding outside PW cuz anni packs are scary... b:sad

Wait... those werent taken out yet? 3 month anniversary?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Because they slap you and make you open your wallet and take out your creditcard...They don't like us axe throwing archers cuz we hax without buying those zens. b:cry

@LloydAsplund
    I have no ide, you need to ask someone who still plays. ;D

ohh pwetty im playing a new game called Real life..it's sooo awesome...you can almost do anything from walking to runing, robing banks to massive player killing but its known as massacure here but for some reason it's illegal dno why tho...b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]