Conqueror has won the game

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    drjiggle wrote: »
    You exploited the fact that you only have to defend 3 territories to take the whole map. Even at the high point of the QQ Alliance, the "3 way gank" was barely more than a 1 and a half way gank.

OK, sir, you fail. First you fail (as did SchwarzeWolf) to understand what I'm saying. Second, there were several attempts made to do exactly that, and since 2 of those 3 strongest guilds rarely last more than 6 minutes, I don't really consider that much of a 3 way gank. The reality of Lost City is that there's only 1 faction that should (but for some reason doesn't) have a reasonable chance at competing with them. For the rest of us, the only realistic way to take on CQ is a true gank -- 5, 10, 20 factions at once. And, like I said, congratulations to CQ for making that happen, but it really isn't accurate to say that people "let" them do it.

Dear sir. This is a game, and like all the games in the world it has some rules. If you don't like the rules of a game, don't play it. This is like if someone got angry cause you cannot use your hands when playing football. In football you cannot your hands or arms, period. PWI has a little game called TW in which you have a big load of rules that by now everyone more or less know.

If you want to beat Cq, you will have to do it by those rules, simple as that. So stop qqing about wanting a "real gank" cause that it is not a part of the game. If I were you I would start leveling, form a super faction and leave all the differences asside and work as real team.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Your joke/sarcasm detector has failed you Maiya. Ofc, you can't ever win in a MMO (well only the developers win b:laugh). We are saying that only to **** off some people.

I wasn't really reading into anything. I just read the topic title, and wrote my post.

It made me remember how MMOs are like a never ending pit, you can never beat it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dear sir. This is a game, and like all the games in the world it has some rules. If you don't like the rules of a game, don't play it. This is like if someone got angry cause you cannot use your hands when playing football.

Who said I'm angry? If you really want to go with the football (oh, you mean soccer, well, it works anyway ...) analogy, don't forget that the NFL typically changes rules every year after evaluating whether there are things that are working or not working in the game. There are at least 4 new rules this year alone. The same is true with FIFA rules.

My point is very simply that the 3 TW at a time rule is stupid. Yes, you're right that is the rule currently, but it's dumb, and it's clearly detrimental to fair, fun, competitive TW (look at the maps on the other servers to see how well it's working). Why not change it?

Even if Spectral got is collective **** in gear and managed to take you guys on, is that really a whole lot better? So 2 factions can own territory. Great. Wouldn't it be more interesting if there was real, legitimate contention over territories every week instead of, "Can Spectral borrow a territory this week and what other noob factions want to give another 500k to CQ?"
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My point is very simply that the 3 TW at a time rule is stupid. Yes, you're right that is the rule currently, but it's dumb, and it's clearly detrimental to fair, fun, competitive TW (look at the maps on the other servers to see how well it's working). Why not change it?

Owai did you just say 3 way tws aren't fair? I think you sir, are correct. I think a 1v1 TW is very fair. Anything beyond a 2v1 is kinda unfair. I don't see how a 20v1 makes TW competitive, it makes it a zerg. I do have the most fun in tough 3v1 TWs though, the 1v1's are rather boring.

This isn't about how many TWs you can fit into one time schedule, its about strength of guilds. getabraintard. Just fyi, we get 400k, not 500k.

Btw, I lose like 8k charm on deaths, 5k on respawn and 3k on tickage.
  • drjiggle
    edited November 2009
    Owai did you just say 3 way tws aren't fair? I think you sir, are correct. I think a 1v1 TW is very fair. Anything beyond a 2v1 is kinda unfair. I don't see how a 20v1 makes TW competitive, it makes it a zerg. I do have the most fun in tough 3v1 TWs though, the 1v1's are rather boring.

This isn't about how many TWs you can fit into one time schedule, its about strength of guilds. getabraintard. Just fyi, we get 400k, not 500k.

Btw, I lose like 8k charm on deaths, 5k on respawn and 3k on tickage.

You want to own 40ish territories, and you really think 3 of them attacking at once is overkill? Like Azura said, if you don't like the rules of a game, don't play it. Nobody is forcing you to collect that 400+ million a week.

I'm pretty sure the guys who attack you are losing more or less the same amount on their charms if not more when you camp the spawn point. How much ticking does it really do in an 8 minute TW with SG1 anyway?
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    if you cant beat em, join em
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    if you cant beat em, join em

Nope. My rule is: If you can't beat them, keep trying until you dob:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    congrats CQ, on injecting 520mil into your faction bank each week b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Problem is those 3 factions are run by people who put even more effort into pissing off the whole server than they do attacking CQ, so most people really have no interest in joining them. It's not so much the server that fails as it is Spectral, RQ (formerly), and whoever the 3rd member is this week.

Thats kinda ur problem if so many ppl hte that CQ controls the map do something about i gave u the plan that should work because Lost city has been around for as long as HT so u should have enugh 85+ on the server to fill 3 factions full b:chuckle and anyone tht is halfway good smart at TW should know that the 3 factios will send the full 80 ad unless CQ has all 200 ppl on at once i seriously doubt they will have the numbers to win IF (Which i hate to ay it seems like a big IF) the 3factions r smart which from what i heard LC has none. But if u have smart ppl put this lan to use u will see more colors on the map but it seemslike ur server does kinda fail.

Also Zoe i believe that if every lad is bid on u will get 4 or 5 TWs at once but wont do much good if the factions bdding only send 20 ppl to the war with the current TW system it should be very esy to stop a map control so its not what CQ is doing it is wat EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    You want to own 40ish territories, and you really think 3 of them attacking at once is overkill? Like Azura said, if you don't like the rules of a game, don't play it. Nobody is forcing you to collect that 400+ million a week.

I'm pretty sure the guys who attack you are losing more or less the same amount on their charms if not more when you camp the spawn point. How much ticking does it really do in an 8 minute TW with SG1 anyway?

According to you, this is about what is fair. 80 vs 80 is fair. Three guilds against one isn't really fair in numbers. Don't change the subject here nubling. Also most of the people we fight don't even have charms, they already know they're gonna lose.
  • drjiggle
    edited November 2009
    Also most of the people we fight don't even have charms, they already know they're gonna lose.

So play fair, go in without a charm, and stop QQing about how much the charm ticks are costing you.
    edited November 2009
    So play fair, go in without a charm, and stop QQing about how much the charm ticks are costing you.

Ok a robber comes into ur hose with a knife is it unfair to grab ur gun from under ur pillow becuse he doesnt have one? NO u use whatever is there for u to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Ok a robber comes into ur hose with a knife is it unfair to grab ur gun from under ur pillow becuse he doesnt have one? NO u use whatever is there for u to use.

I like this guy.
  • drjiggle
    edited November 2009

And complain that he made you waste a bullet?

Also, robber? This is still a game, right?
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009

well you wouldnt waste a bullet if you could just use a butcher knife
    edited November 2009
    Well this is like talking to awall back to my point Gratz on CQ for controlling th map eenthough i would never want that too boring for me. LC ur server fails for not bing able to get other colors on the map
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Well this is like talking to awall

Welcome to Lost City. That's how all of CQ feels.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009

i dont wanna quote everything you said, so ill just quote you in general.

let me get this straight. having 3 wars at once is unfair because the opposing guilds arent strong enough to take down cq. am i reading that right?

and that's an exploit how? an exploit is abusing a glitch or a bug in the system to gain an unfair advantage over other people. How is getting ganked 3 v 1 an advantage at all? so what if the other guilds arent strong enough to take em on. what do you want cq to do? sit there and twiddle their thumbs and wait 3.141592654 years for them to smarten up, pull up their pants and make a breakthrough? or perhaps CQ should take off all their gear and walk in naked because obviously outgearing competition is also unfair? or perhaps they should also just abandon all strategy because nobody else seems to be using any strategy?

that's like saying "you only beat me coz you're better than me. i bet if you were as crappy as i am, i could beat you". doesn't really make sense. and this applies everywhere. you dont dumb yourself down to your opponent's level to equal the playing ground. it is the opponent's job to raise himself to your level, else he doesn't even deserve to be there in the first place.

i don't like having CQ own all the land. but im not going to sit here and whine my voice raspy and cry my eyes out. that doesn't achieve anything besides making myself look like a weakass idiot. do what other people do. level up, get some gear, grab some people together, and do something about it. who the hell cares if you fail. it's a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Welcome to Lost City. That's how all of CQ feels.
    VISA.jpg
    everywhere you wanna be, including lost city :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • trinadangg
    trinadangg Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thats kinda ur problem if so many ppl hte that CQ controls the map do something about i gave u the plan that should work because Lost city has been around for as long as HT so u should have enugh 85+ on the server to fill 3 factions full b:chuckle and anyone tht is halfway good smart at TW should know that the 3 factios will send the full 80 ad unless CQ has all 200 ppl on at once i seriously doubt they will have the numbers to win IF (Which i hate to ay it seems like a big IF) the 3factions r smart which from what i heard LC has none. But if u have smart ppl put this lan to use u will see more colors on the map but it seemslike ur server does kinda fail.

Also Zoe i believe that if every lad is bid on u will get 4 or 5 TWs at once but wont do much good if the factions bdding only send 20 ppl to the war with the current TW system it should be very esy to stop a map control so its not what CQ is doing it is wat EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING

That only works if they are all exactly same time. With the 3 minutes in between each war, it is quite achievable that CQ, and they do do this, rush the other base and end the first war before the last one even starts. the second war can just be full defence until reinforcements from the first war are done. So insulting the server as a whole is rather childish.

I agree though, grats to CQ. You deserve the map.
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This kind of stuff is unavoidable. In PW-MY it happened on both servers and it will happen here. No worries though, thankfully the game population loves drama and the guild will more than likely disband itself after somebody screws up a tad.

Until then, try to get a strong guild going, you never know how far it'll take you.
  • drjiggle
    edited November 2009
    let me get this straight. having 3 wars at once is unfair because the opposing guilds arent strong enough to take down cq. am i reading that right?

First of all, this was never really a discussion about fair or unfair. It only got sidetracked to fairness because Haiz decided to focus on one word in one post in an attempt to derail things. He succeeded, and again, congratulations for that, CQ. Anyway ...

This was already discussed recently in another thread that got moved to the suggestions forum, but the basic point is, since when do people schedule wars? If I'm attacking you, I go when it's convenient for me not when it's convenient for you. Yes, it's a game not the real world, but it's called "Territory War" and is obviously sort of loosely, vaguely modelled after real battle. It doesn't seem unreasonable, given that the defenders already have various advantages on their side, to give the attacker his choice of when to attack. That's how war works. Why isn't it how TW works?
    and that's an exploit how? an exploit is abusing a glitch or a bug in the system to gain an unfair advantage over other people.

Yes, that is what "an exploit" is, but I didn't say they used "an exploit." I said the "exploited" the system.

exploit: It's a word, look it up. They employed it to the greatest possible advantage.

As for the rest of it, go back and read what I posted. I didn't say CQ should do anything different, at least not until Haiz started crying about his charm. In fact, I congratulated them. I think the game designers / GM's should do something different, but realistically, it's probably too late for that. Still, that doesn't mean I'm going to congratulate them. They kind of blew it with TW, and the maps prove it. Even on Heavens Tear where that guy is saying how much our server "fails," there are only 4 landholding factions.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    exploit
    noun.
    1. an act of deed, especially a brilliant or heroic one

verb.
    1. to employ to the greatest possible advantage

2. to make use of selfishly or unethically

Doubt you're referring to the definition of the noun.

verb.

1. If this is what you mean by "exploit", then i dont see how this is getting them a competitive edge. That's how the system works, and it applies to everyone. Everyone takes advantage of the system for their own personal benefit. You could say all the other factions are also exploiting the system because they time their attacks so their wars coincide with each other, making it harder for the defender. You could also say they choose their times so that its in some godforsaken hour where everybody in CQ is halfdead and running on red bulls.

In this argument's entirety, there is no argument. You are arguing that because the system only allows 3 territory wars to occur at any given time, it gives CQ the competitive edge. However, that is not a relevant argument, because being attacked by 3 factions at once is already a disadvantage. And unless you can somehow argue that 66 vs 80 is somehow an advantage, even if CQ does have a 2-3m weekly salary per member, I don't see how this works in their favour.

2. Nothing unethical unless you want to point something out.

Lastly, I want to say that the system is to keep order during wars. If you were to model it like you said, after real war, then of course, we would have to let factions attack at any time they wanted. We would also have to let CQ attack an indefinite amount of territories. You would also have to let factions have unlimited sizes, and the list goes on. Without a system in place, what you get is chaos, and unless you want to play in an environment where everywhere you step is a warzone, you need it.

My words may be a bit harsh and rude, but with all due respect, you can't just keep praying for divine intervention and hope it sways things your way. CQ fought it out for the land under the same conditions and restrictions and prevailed. I don't see why we can't. If we wailed to a higher order to tweak things in our favour every time something to our disliking showed up, society would be no more than a bunch of bambi-eyed, lip blubbering, pot bellied, weak minded babies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In before "all..."
    All-Your-Base.JPG

Aw nuts.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • _zandalar_ - Harshlands
    _zandalar_ - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Congrats to CQ!! u guys deserve it! and every right to QQ/complain, coming this far with 200 ppl isnt easy!
    Let the rest weep on!

<< Ex-Conqueror currently rerolled on HL b:bye
    "With Great Power Comes Big **** Repair Bills"

Lost City -7x Barbarian
    Harshlands - 7x Blademaster
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Conqueror didn't win, they lost. Now they will be forced to spend their entire weekend defending against 9000 guilds with 5 people in it.
  • drjiggle
    edited November 2009
    advantage
    n.

1. A beneficial factor or combination of factors.
    2. Benefit or profit; gain: It is to your advantage to invest wisely.
    3. A relatively favorable position; superiority of means: A better education gave us the advantage.

idioms:

to advantage

1. To good effect; favorably: The roses were displayed to advantage in a blue vase.

Definition 2 and the idiom.

And, no, I'm not saying CQ did anything unethical.

I don't know how this turned into some kind of me hates CQ thing. Like I said in my first post, there was less sarcasm in there than you might think. I do take my hat off to CQ for what they've done. I don't think they're nearly as awesome as they pretend they think they are, but they do deserve credit for setting a goal and clearly excelling at it.

There are people in CQ I don't respect, others who I do, and far more who I don't really know. I don't think any of the people who have posted in this thread are on the first list yet. ;-) I'm quite sure none of them care, nor should they.
    edited November 2009
    trinadangg wrote: »
    That only works if they are all exactly same time. With the 3 minutes in between each war, it is quite achievable that CQ, and they do do this, rush the other base and end the first war before the last one even starts. the second war can just be full defence until reinforcements from the first war are done. So insulting the server as a whole is rather childish.

I agree though, grats to CQ. You deserve the map.

It takes roughly 8 mins to win an undefended land sooooo all 3 fights should still be going on at the same time and if not its like im thnking just gve up now becuase that is so sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why is anyone even preaching rules/fairness when one of the official rules of TW is you cannot own more than one tier 1 territory? Or at least you’re not supposed to. Apparently everything has to actively have a baby gate in front of it or it will be screwed.

I take little interest in TW on my alt because guilds seem to be disorganized or as previously stated have an e-peen the size of a semi, it is expensive real money wise, and right now overly time consuming to try and grind all that money out for a charm, gold is climbing into the 650 per.
    At this point, who the hell cares about fairness and rules, they obviously don’t apply unless coded, for those who give a flying rat’s butt pull together the best you have and attack a tier one territory, hell, go for them all at least then you can have 4 more catapults than CQ has defending. PWI should take out the attack limit, war is war at this point.

Congrats to Conqueror for pulling together the best the server seems to have to offer both financially equipped and they have time. It’s probably a tight knit guild at this point.

EDIT: I forgot for a moment that you have to have other territories before you can take a tier 1, woopsy. They should take that rule out too. While they're at it they can let us buy as many catas as we want; maybe TW shouldn't cost monies, sweet! OR BETTER YET Put TW in the CASH SHOP. HARHAR. Ok I'm done now. TW sucks right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok sir u fail because its very easy to time a 3 way gank agaisnt the faction that holds the whole map with the 3 othr strongests guilds see this post here

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=512732

Nope it's not easy.

Let me explain to you whats going on in L.C.

Cq is being attacked every week by the maximum number of attackers allowed.

But.........
    Out of all these attacks. Only one single day at one single time, is the attack where the 3 other factions that mean anything can attack.

the rest of the tw's are all done by "wtfneverheardofthisguildbutgmdoesnothing" bids on cq.
    The popular argument is "Hey, why can't other guilds have tw fun"

Yeah Right. Everyone in L.C. is just supposed to buy the story that a 20 man guild previously never heard of, suddenly came up with 100mill and decided to blow that on bidding on the dominant faction in L.C.

The population of L.C does nothing.
    The Gm's do nothing.
    Infact it is so obvious nothing will be done, that the new "guilds" bidding town wars are created with names like "lolumad" "ragebunny" etc. just to poke it in your face moar, "Hahaha we doing it, everyone knows we doing it, noone stops us! Hahahahahahahaaha!"

I wonder if legit guilds made up the 17-18 attacks on cq weekly. How would they fare? No life from friday to sunday defending territories non stop against legit threats.........I would love to see that.
    But as usual, the mighty cq knows how to eff the system and make it so, they only have to show up "for real" at 1 timing a week.

So yeah "Gratz" Conqueror for winning the map. Honestly i can say u earned it. You schemed, broke rules, did everything possible on this game to get where u are.

Fine example of the "end justifies the means"
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory