Ghouf (or similar)?

Options
kargor
kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, a lvl 50 green frog hopping around in an area where there's no water anywhere near.

When I first saw it it looked like a boss to me, so I stayed clear. But since it kept hopping around I decided to give it a try, sent my golem to it, and hopped on my getaway ride.

Turned out, that thing didn't do anything that anyone would call "damage", so I kept attacking just to see if it dropped anything interesting. The only interesting thing that happened, however, was that I got KSed by someone dealing huge chunks of damage --- I don't know anything about the other classes, but I hope he was much higher level :-)

Anyway, next time I came across the frog I attacked it again... and got KSed.

Third time... KSed.

Up until now I thought that maybe Perfect World isn't as bad in terms of KSing as other games, but it seems to be just the same (but then, why shouldn't it...). I keep wondering, though, what this Ghouf thing is about --- on other occasions, people even let me take a kill or two that I needed for a quest, whereas for Ghouf, it seems that frog is rather popular even for highlevel a*holes??
Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
Getting too grindy by now :-(
Post edited by kargor on

Comments

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    kargor wrote: »
    Well, a lvl 50 green frog hopping around in an area where there's no water anywhere near.

When I first saw it it looked like a boss to me, so I stayed clear. But since it kept hopping around I decided to give it a try, sent my golem to it, and hopped on my getaway ride.

Turned out, that thing didn't do anything that anyone would call "damage", so I kept attacking just to see if it dropped anything interesting. The only interesting thing that happened, however, was that I got KSed by someone dealing huge chunks of damage --- I don't know anything about the other classes, but I hope he was much higher level :-)

Anyway, next time I came across the frog I attacked it again... and got KSed.

Third time... KSed.

Up until now I thought that maybe Perfect World isn't as bad in terms of KSing as other games, but it seems to be just the same (but then, why shouldn't it...). I keep wondering, though, what this Ghouf thing is about --- on other occasions, people even let me take a kill or two that I needed for a quest, whereas for Ghouf, it seems that frog is rather popular even for highlevel a*holes??

Do you mean Gomda (going by frog)?

If you mean Gomda then it's because he patrols a location next to an NPC that lvl 70+ frequent. They kill it to show how their "superiority" or out of plain boredomness because vol16 of WQ is boring and they need some "action".

Nothing much to it really.

If it's not Gomda and you mean Gouf, then he isn't a frog that hops. Maybe some high levels are helping others with the quest for killing Gouf?

Again, not much to it really.

If you didn't mean neither, I have no idea what you're talking about. A frog named Ghouf? What/who's that?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah, there's a few of these elite minibosses. They're not on any quests, just there to be splatted for xp and loot.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    me think something be fishy with your story.
    b:puzzled

you can't get ksed if you already attacked it and dealt some reasonable damage.
    b:chuckle

you get whatever drops but only lose a bit of exp/spirit.
    (X_x)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    me think something be fishy with your story.
    b:puzzled

you can't get ksed if you already attacked it and dealt some reasonable damage.
    b:chuckle

you get whatever drops but only lose a bit of exp/spirit.
    (X_x)'

Actualy, I would have to correct you since Frogs are not fishy.. they are amphibious.

I have never seen anyone bothering with killing Gomda though..
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Actualy, I would have to correct you since Frogs are not fishy.. they are amphibious.

I have never seen anyone bothering with killing Gomda though..

gasp~!
    amphibious?
    soo....tideborn don't have pet frogs?
    BOOOOOO

lols same here....me pass by Gomda dozens of times when me do WQ and he's near always alive and hopping.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    OP is talking about Gomda the froggy king b:chuckle

@OP- if you're on sanc, probably one of those "highlvls" ks'ing it from you was me, as i made a point of coming thru every couple hours to collect frog entrails for my homemade stew (my guildies love it) b:laugh

anyways, about said frog (and the other minibosses that have insane hp but hit like a lvl 1 mob- they are not part of any quest as said, but when killed within 5 levels of them, they provide roughly 1-2k exp, 400-600sp, and have some awesome mold drops (insanely rare to drop tho)

LINK <- info for Gomda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni