So...if you could win 3 to 5 Mil coins....

Options
Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Yes I'm doing even more research for my event. That being said, here's the question:

If you were able to participate in an event that gave everyone a (nearly) equal chance of winning.....if it was interactive and required you to work and problem solve to win, but if you did, you would win 5 million in pure coins...would you go for it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That's wholly dependent on the magnitude of work involved. It would have to be remarkably small to puncture my characteristic lassitude, but I'm sure more motivated people would jump at the chance for 5 million coin so long as the event was reasonable, especially those who don't have a readily apparent money-making process like, say, Venos with Hercs.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If there is only one or a very few winners, and the expected number of participants is high, then no.

If there are smaller rewards just for participating, then yes / maybe.

For example, Anniversary Packs have a few winners, but even if you "lose", you still have enough tokens to get a good reward, such as a Flawless Shard.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That's wholly dependent on the magnitude of work involved. It would have to be remarkably small to puncture my characteristic lassitude, but I'm sure more motivated people would jump at the chance for 5 million coin so long as the event was reasonable, especially those who don't have a readily apparent money-making process like, say, Venos with Hercs.

-_-
    If there is only one or a very few winners, and the expected number of participants is high, then no.

If there are smaller rewards just for participating, then yes / maybe.

For example, Anniversary Packs have a few winners, but even if you "lose", you still have enough tokens to get a good reward, such as a Flawless Shard.

Few large scale winners, yes.
    Large number of participants, not sure yet but hopefully yes.
    Smaller prizes given just for participating, yes.
    Smaller prizes good enough to be useful and worth the time spent, my opinion is yes.

It's not designed to be excessively difficult to do, nor consuming a ton of time. But It IS designed to have players do more than, purchase, click, receive, click, get item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monkeymama - Dreamweaver
    Monkeymama - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think many people would do it, provided they can. I know I would. Hopefully its achievable by all levels and classes.

And, I hope its fun!
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think many people would do it, provided they can. I know I would. Hopefully its achievable by all levels and classes.

And, I hope its fun!

Yes it would be equally achievable by all levels and classes...except maybe characters below level 20...they might have a harder time with it.

As far as being fun, I think it will be and the people I am planning it with agree, so hopefully other people will find it fun as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sure, why not.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it would be nice and fair.
    So if this was available to everyone, that means it wont be in the cash shop. I dont think the PW staff would do anything anymore that doesn't involve them making profit. Just going by what we have seen in the past year.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it would be nice and fair.
    So if this was available to everyone, that means it wont be in the cash shop. I dont think the PW staff would do anything anymore that doesn't involve them making profit. Just going by what we have seen in the past year.

Some of the prizes will of course be from the cash shop, but not at any cost to participating players. Players will not have to use the cash shop to participate though, which I think is what you meant.

Your statement is precisely one of the main factors in deciding to have this "player sponsored" event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some of the prizes will of course be from the cash shop, but not at any cost to participating players. Players will not have to use the cash shop to participate though, which I think is what you meant.

This is exactly how EVENTS are in the other games I play.

Available to everyone in game, cash shop prizes, work for your reward.
    I dont understand why we cant get this from pw.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes I'm doing even more research for my event. That being said, here's the question:

If you were able to participate in an event that gave everyone a (nearly) equal chance of winning.....if it was interactive and required you to work and problem solve to win, but if you did, you would win 5 million in pure coins...would you go for it?
    Yes.
    19191913123chars
    Quit.