Everything about Channelling

SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver
SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
tell me everything about channelling please...

1. How important is channelling for a cleric?? for a sage cleric lvl 99 to be exact...

in case if u guys say depends on what u want to do... well i would say most of the time PK... sometimes TT/FB for faction members, and weekly TW...
Player Kill/Duel (70%)
Twilight Temple (25%)
Territory War (5%)

2. How much is the TOTAL of stack channelling u should have to feel the speed difference... 18%..?? 24%..?? 36%..?? 42%..?? 60%..??

3. At lvl 99, on theory if u wear 2 piece of TT99 (Archangel's set) u will get bonus -3% Channelling.... it is true and fully working, and how can u check it??

4. Does that means, when u wear sleeves (-6%) and necklace (-3%)
these two Archangel's piece u will get total -12% including bonus??

5. In ur honest opinion, is Channelling the winning factor for PKers cleric...?? considering that Magic attack, max HP, Phys. Def already above the average...
Post edited by SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    in my honest opinion. It sounds like you bought this cleric account <_<

And for pvp id say channeling is better than crits. Your not really giving us anything to compare channel vs ___ so im assuming crits.

I however havent looked into archangel gear, so im not gonna say anything about that.

and about #4: I noticed a difference when I went from -6% to -12% channel. If i had extra cash i would stack as much - channel as i could. (but i wouldnt replace any phys protection gear, like ornaments)
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Low channeling time means fatser spells. I think on either PvE or PvP is important to reduce the channelling time.

Damage affect attack and heals the same.

You need find the balance that suits your gamestyle on both because if you wanna deal 10K damage you can do it by using a low cast - low damage spell (more attacks but less damage) or high cast - high damage spell (less attacks, but more damage)

However, crits are not THAT important since heals aren't affected by them, and the crit rate a cleric has is too low to become a key feature to improve.

So I say better go for low channeling bonus on first, Damage bonus on second place, and crit bonus last if it comes on a good pece of equipment, but I wouldn't pay for a +crit over a -chan bonus.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009

1. How important is channelling for a cleric?? for a sage cleric lvl 99 to be exact...

in case if u guys say depends on what u want to do... well i would say most of the time PK... sometimes TT/FB for faction members, and weekly TW...
    Player Kill/Duel (70%)
    Twilight Temple (25%)
    Territory War (5%)

2. How much is the TOTAL of stack channelling u should have to feel the speed difference... 18%..?? 24%..?? 36%..?? 42%..?? 60%..??

3. At lvl 99, on theory if u wear 2 piece of TT99 (Archangel's set) u will get bonus -3% Channelling.... it is true and fully working, and how can u check it??

5. In ur honest opinion, is Channelling the winning factor for PKers cleric...?? considering that Magic attack, max HP, Phys. Def already above the average...

How much did you pay for a lvl 99 cleric?

PS already at -12% if you don't lag at all you can feel some little difference. At 18% is appreciable, but only over 20% really interesting, imo.

Channelling isn't a winning factor imo, but is still good if you already have good stats.

But the main thing remember, learn to play a cleric first...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009

PS already at -12% if you don't lag at all you can feel some little difference. At 18% is appreciable, but only over 20% really interesting, imo.

Channelling isn't a winning factor imo, but is still good if you already have good stats.

^ This ^

If you do not have the basic concept, you may have a really hard time. You have flagged a few of us here b:surrender

However, here are the bonuses for HH99 gear -->

[2] Items Grant Chanting -3%
    [4] Items Grant + 15 Con
    [6] Items Grant Critical +3%

Also, if you are Sage --> Level lvl Magic Shell is very good for channeling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    in my honest opinion. It sounds like you bought this cleric account <_<
    bob, i respect you for giving honest opinion, but its wrong buddy, cause i never buy account... and u made em people think i bought it...
    this is my GF account bob... and i ask in this thread on behalf of her...

no no... dont ask me that... ur reply post has been influenced by Bob's post.. which is just his assumption...

exactly yeah, ur right its not winning factor, all in all it comes to pvp experience...

but still... best timing is important, u dont want to miss the kill just because ur not fast enough.. and channelling is very very close related to time..

indeed i am learning about cleric, and specifically channeling, but it just for explaining purpose.. i will explain to her.. this is why i asked u guys...
    no sorry, i dont need to learn to PLAY a cleric, cause im happy with my BM.. maybe their pvp tactics to see where is the weekness.. yes..
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    bob, i respect you for giving honest opinion, but its wrong buddy, cause i never buy account... and u made em people think i bought it...
    this is my GF account bob... and i ask in this thread on behalf of her...

i see, but it wasnt me who made people think you bought the account im sure. No one listens to me anyways <_<.. They just see this thread the way I saw it. "that a high 9x cleric doesnt know about channeling" that would be the assumption of anyone reading this (and your other threads of things clerics should know) tbh.
  • Zerosen - Lost City
    Zerosen - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wait wait, u are asking in her behalf, she's a lvl 99 cleric, and she doesn't know? Or u are asking in her behalf cause u want to play it? Either it doesn't make sense, why would u ask in her behalf, she's lvl 99, she has to know at least(lol) basics of being a cleric, and if it's u that's gonna use it, why u say it's asking on her behalf, your facts don't stick :P

On topic tho
    I think everything depends on gear, u don't have much choice at lower lvl, because u basically wear hh gear, so u are stuck with what it gives to u, u can only choose whether u go LA or Arcane, and it means going for crit and pvp over the support type, now tho u can get the -% channel gems thanks to the super fantastic anniversary packs plus after lvl 90 some gear give crit and channel bonuses same time so u can balance out both, tho as said before I wouldn't give up on any pdef accessories to increase channeling nor crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No matter where I am I'll always be a part of Conqueror, thank you all for the memories and for this awesome adventureb:thanks
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    ^couldnt have said it better myself

maybe his "gf" is an oracle baby? :o *cant imagine the ammount of money that would cost x_x
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    First of all shes your GF so you should directly ask her, than posting on a forum and wait for days. Telephones with mates are faster.

Player Kill/Duel (70%)
    Twilight Temple (25%)
    Territory War (5%)

Channeling is important for any cleric regardless sage or demon.
    at lv99, these things should already have -%channeling:
    -ring x2 (usually 3%-6%)
    -weapon (lv99 6%)
    -sleeves (6%)
    that alone is around around 18% channeling which is enough. You can swap in a necklace or belt with some channeling if you need it but youd want those spaces for more pdef.

The total stacking at the minimum you can feel it at 6%. 18% will make a pretty good diff. 30% channeling is extremely good BUT, this is where you start to sacrifice your defence. Unless your LA id suggest not to stack everything on channeling unless you KNOW your not going to be hit. If you put in alot of monies you can go up to near 50% channeling. Now this is where it gets hard. At around 35%channeling and above, the action and the graphics cannot keep up with each other. You will start to glitch. Say for instance if you are casting ironheart, sometime during one of your heals maybe 1 out of 5, you will cast midway>pause>restart casting, which frankly wastes time. Same glitch for some of the attackes happen with this altho not as frequent. At past 45% channeling.....frankly u do not want that....

And i assure you, you wont get 60% channeling. This stat is basically like crit% for archers. Unless your willing to spend a few thousand $$, you wont get it.

you cant check it you just feel it, its the prior 99 levels that let you know the little differences and changes in your character.

yes
    5. In ur honest opinion, is Channelling the winning factor for PKers cleric...?? considering that Magic attack, max HP, Phys. Def already above the average...[/color]
    We clerics already have channeling, and its pretty much the norm. It might give us a little bit of edge, but its probably the same like barbs having a ton of dex(acc crit)
    I think like all pkers fear in others, personally i think the crit% is more the winning factor...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Perfect answer..!
    thanks Deceptistar...
    thats all i want to know... cheers!
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    now, if I see Qultor's cleric active again I know who's playing it , lol b:victoryb:chuckle

back on topic, As Deceptistar said, too much channel is not good.
    I can have 21% right not on my wizard. It's nice, but he problem is I cannot spam by base skills anymore. Endless gush/pyro is not an option because Pyro doens't have time to cool down in a Gush/Pyro/Gush/Pyro succession. So the 3rd skill is needed, and SR is amazing but it's not the most efficient skill mana wise. That's why I'm going up to only 18% when questing in OHT, it's more than enough to kill without being touched. Now I still don't know what the F i'm gonna do at 95 when I get -12 only from lunar rings on top of the -12 I already have on wpn and sleeves. At that point prolly I'm gonna have to cycle through 3 spells at least.
    Endgame crit beats channel hands down. No question about it. I can crit 10k with SR on a barb , I would rather see that more often than pew-pew-ing poke skils at light speed.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    SmexyGal? :p
  • _Senpai_ - Sanctuary
    _Senpai_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i like my sexy lv 72 3 star elemental necklace, has 5/5 resistance and a whopping -9% channeling b:laugh (-3% + -6% in one), but Channeling is good with Cleric i got 24% so far, was higher but chose to get Magic bonus equips. if i can manufacture something in the sense with my necklace its quite possible to get 100% ( 3 add-ons -6% channeling on each), which means insta tempest lmao
  • LaTrappe - Lost City
    LaTrappe - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    http://www.offresonance.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/double-facepalm.jpg

^
    This picture is the only way to describe how I feel about this thread.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In pvp personally -chan would be my lowest priority. Its nice to have but everything else (i.e. crit, attack, defence, HP) make more of a difference.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver
    MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    -.-

What's so wrong about SmexyGuy asking on behalf of SmexyGal? She's a great cleric and I know she worked hard to get to her current level. b:scorn

I'd have to agree with Ahira. Magic attack, HP, and overall defense take priority on my list. I would consider -channeling as a nice bonus. Don't forget that there's the genie skill called "Relentless Courage" to help reduce channeling time. Personally, I feel the difference in channeling more on my veno account than my cleric account. For some reason, when I have too many channeling gears on my cleric it makes my cleric's iron heart glitchy. She sometimes stops doing Iron Heart mid-cast when I'm trying to spam it on a tank. I think Teri will be fine without the extra channeling. Her gear and stats are already pretty kick ****. :p b:shy
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    IronHeart gets glitchy at -6% channeling, every third IH or so it'll stop mid-channelb:angry

Mabye I'll just quit this cleric and play a melee class so channeling won't matterb:avoid
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I know it's because the cooldown is the same as the channeling time meaning using it with reduced channeling will cause it to glitch occasionally but I only have -9% channeling right now so I can't heal faster using other heals. My IH doesn't glitch except for one out of ever 4 heals, which isn't really that bad. -channeling isn't my primary concern so I'll just deal with my glitchy, as long as it gets the job done it can go beat up small children for all I care.

(wow... that was mean o_O)