Faction to Alliance suggestion.

Ephimer - Sanctuary
Ephimer - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
We see things all the time, where people create their own Factions with no previous skill as a leader. We may also see people creating Factions with names similar to more experienced Factions, such as the many spoofs of Legendary and Regicide (Two of the top Factions in Sanctuary Server). This may be to mock the originals or even to admire their prowess and skill, even so it is likely to happen daily.

This brought up the idea that I am sure I am not the first to think of, and if I read through every suggestion in this Thread I am positive I will find it somewhere... To created Alliances/Faction Apprenticeships/Sub-Factions or Guilds, where the Leader of a lesser Faction may join in with a greater Faction to develop, learn, and grow from their idols.

In this symbiotic relationship with another Faction, the lesser Faction or Guild, will be able to join in the main Faction's every day life. Connecting to a new Alliance Chat, where both Factions may converse and gather info, be it help and advice or simply to hear the views and opinions of future members.

The more advanced members would rub off on each newer person, who may use what they learned to form their own successful Faction that may one day rival the best. This will open the door to more competition in Territory Wars and provide a more entertaining game for the higher levels.

Beyond that their are many reasons to cast this aside, the following is a list of why this is a bad idea AND why it is a good idea... The final judgment is of course up to the Game Moderators and Developers.

Reasons to ignore this idea:

Newer players may join the Guild and drag down the progress of both it and the Faction it is connected to.

This will take away the solo feel of the Faction, making it seem like their are feeding off the weak or the weak feeding off of them. In turn it could cause internal conflict destroying both Faction and Guild (this is why we limit the amount of Guilds a Faction can have).

The Guild may expect things from the Faction, such as coins or items. The begging could grow intense and **** everyone off to the point of disbanding the Alliance and in turn ruining the reputation of both.

Reasons this is a truly good idea:

As the Guild grows it could be given the chance to perform a "Joint Assault" with its Faction. Allowing Territory Wars a more challenging aspect to the defending side. Giving the game a more War aspect. Strategy would have to be used to fight the larger numbers and even the strongest could be defeated with the right skill. This will allow many people who enjoy strategy games, a bigger role in this where most things are decided by sheer power and swiftness of Clerics.

As stated before, it would allow players to learn from their betters and eventually make a more successful Faction that could provide a great challenge in Territory Wars.

It would connect more players that would not normally be able to speak. This would allow many things to happen that would never happen in any other case. People could find more people to play with, you would never have to worry about not having someone to talk to. You would even be open to more romance, finding someone who actually means something to you instead of someone who is just a phase.

Sales of items that normally would take weeks to sell could be done in an instant. With the wider range of people to speak to, World Chat would have less "WTS/WTT/WTS" spam every sixteen seconds and would be more open to Faction Recruiters and those who want to seek help everywhere when the Faction may not have all the answers.

Players would simply be happier. It is statistically proven that 84% of people who are able to be around a large group of people, even if they only know a few, are able to connect and feel accepted in any situation around them. Being accepted is one of the many reasons people leave the game and create new accounts that may not have as great of potential as the previous. Some even lose the nerve to ever come back. Though this number is nearly unnoticeable, experiences and feelings can be spread by word of mouth and it may prevent others from even trying such a good game.

If any of you think there is another reason to allow this or prevent it, do speak up and tell me your opinion. I am indifferent personally to what happens, yet there are many others I know that wish this to happen, even if they lack the will to say it.

If any thing I stated is confusing our needs more explaining, please Private Message me so I may explain without cluttering this thread.
Post edited by Ephimer - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ow...Dark red and right aligned make this hard to read.

Well...this could be both good and bad. I do agree with many of your points, but there would be major leeching by low level players (at least on PvE Servers) for bosses and other quests. The assistance would be there, but many of the lowbies would spam the Faction chat for help on things they should probably solo. Now, if one was to add another chat filter, so the main guild/faction members could filter out the lower level members for conversations or something like that, I'd be in support. In my opinion, this is a strong idea that could be a very good addition to the game, there would just have to be minor tweaks done before it could be implemented.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree, this idea has some great potential, might just need some in-game tweaks to make it perfect.

BTW: Going from dark red to bright text killed my eyes. X.X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't know why the right aligned makes my head hurt so incredibly bad.

I've suggested this before, never posted but talked about it with friends. Right now an alliance is just "We say we're friends with this faction" and it doesn't really mean anything ingame. It would be nice for there to be something official.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:cry Cannot read the red....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ephimer - Sanctuary
    Ephimer - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:cry Cannot read the red....b:surrender

There I fixed that problem I suppose... I write in right alignment so I also type the same way, just like I write my Y's backwards.