Sword BM's, holla at meh!

ElMiedo - Heavens Tear
ElMiedo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
I've been considering making a sword BM on a pvp server. My question is, how effective are sword BM's in pk vs other types of BM's?

Another question. Is Pk even worth it with all the high costs of gold anymore? That was the main reason I didn't go through with it in the first place.
Post edited by ElMiedo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Malley - Lost City
    Malley - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ima lvl 52 bm on lost city went sword/pole

assuming your both the same lvl
    sword vs sword depends on gear and skill timing

sword vs pole
    you should be hitting faster and do more damage as long as you stay in their
    face, dont let them leap away to shoot you or your in trouble

sword vs axe
    so far lvl 80 axe bms cant even touch me "may have ben fail axes tho" your higher evasion should give you a slight edge and youll be hitting faster for more chi which means more heals they have an extra stun tho so becareful

sword vs fist
    good luck, they hit way faster and get way more chi, try to kite them with leaps and shoot them with spirit, atomos and drake

no matter what bm your fighting your both gonna be trying to stun each other and use sutra thats what changes the fight
    I've only made it to the 50s just about anyone higher could tell you more

and yeah pks worth it even with gold prices
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think the OP means in comparison to other BM's and not actually against other BM's.

I have no experience PvP with sword so I can't help much there. As for the cost, it's true that charmed pk is the real deal but you can also have fun w/o charm. Just put safety lock on and have fun. It's cheap and you don't get pissed off and QQ when you die since you are really not loosing much other than having to pot after you townport.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ima lvl 52 bm on lost city went sword/pole

assuming your both the same lvl
    sword vs sword depends on gear and skill timing

sword vs pole
    you should be hitting faster and do more damage as long as you stay in their
    face, dont let them leap away to shoot you or your in trouble

sword vs axe
    so far lvl 80 axe bms cant even touch me "may have ben fail axes tho" your higher evasion should give you a slight edge and youll be hitting faster for more chi which means more heals they have an extra stun tho so becareful

sword vs fist
    good luck, they hit way faster and get way more chi, try to kite them with leaps and shoot them with spirit, atomos and drake

no matter what bm your fighting your both gonna be trying to stun each other and use sutra thats what changes the fight
    I've only made it to the 50s just about anyone higher could tell you more

and yeah pks worth it even with gold prices

I totally Agree with this post, Try not to find a Fist BM... But Really, Axes/hammers are a bad thing for BMs, I keep telling people that, I might be a low level but i do know about PVP (Yet i'm in PVE Server, I still know :P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    But Really, Axes/hammers are a bad thing for BMs, I keep telling people that, I might be a low level but i do know about PVP (Yet i'm in PVE Server, I still know :P)

LOL? I hope you are speaking base on the fact that you have a higher level BM. If not then, you are too low to know which weapon is good at what since you haven't even gotten your 59 skill yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LOL? I hope you are speaking base on the fact that you have a higher level BM. If not then, you are too low to know which weapon is good at what since you haven't even gotten your 59 skill yet.
    In that case, Dont count me in this thread :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Swords work very well in PvP. You just need to remember to focus on one enemy at a time. You have less AoE with them than axes. Your single target damage however is going to be higher (unless they zerk+crit, which at later level's you can do as well). When fighting multiple enemies, you can debuff all their attack's and tank much more damage than most BM's. Atmos strike is perhaps your best attack, and you need to have both Spirit Chaser and Drakes Ray for runners. Make sure you get Smack at 79 too.

So far, I don't really use Mage Bane. I hope though that eventually I will find a great purpose for it.

On a final note, use Dual Blade/Sword
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElMiedo - Heavens Tear
    ElMiedo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Nice replies. I wasn't really contemplating on group pvp (I'm a 1v1 type of guy), but I guess I better get ready for that...
    I think the OP means in comparison to other BM's and not actually against other BM's.
    And yes, this is what I meant.

Btw, what in the heck is safety lock? Will it prevent me from dropping items if I die?

EDIT: Wow, nvm about the safety lock. I never knew one of it's functions was to prevent item drops...If I had known that I would have started on PvP servers, seeing as how that was one of my main concerns for going red. Now I don't even have the will to start over... *sigh*
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    For solo PK sword is really good and if you not noob you can make great action. Its hard to go 1 vs 2/3/4... Becouse is hard to tank all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Its hard to go 1 vs 2/3/4... Becouse is hard to tank all of them.

I disagree. You can use Drake Sweep etc to AoE a bit, and Myriad Sword Stance to not only do considerable damage but to also cut all their attacks in half. Just focus on killing one target at a time (Get the damn casters ASAP). I admit though, 1 vs 1 is where a sword BM really shines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]