why is there a limit on quests

Options
Phenoix - Heavens Tear
Phenoix - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
i have played threw to lvl 80+ now for 2 times and am on my third run at it with a barb ,but i find with the fb,tt and ff quest it is hard to keep enough room for other quests .. i mean it just seems that 20 quest limit is sort of a pain when then alot of quest get spread out and u have limited time to do some.. i know that u can drop quests and retake them but wouldn't it be better to not limit the quest number just a thought for the gm and forum ppl here
Post edited by Phenoix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It seems to be a somewhat common "feature" to limit the active quests... no idea why, though. Still, 20 quests is still better than the 5 quests I got on another game... that was a really major annoyance. Maybe they planned to sell a quest extension item but forgot to add it, or something like that.

In PW, I have maybe half the quest slots blocked by being unable to do them --- but that's just because I haven't dropped them yet --- leftovers from back when the quest finder would just offer you a random quest instead of giving you the list. So I just took every quest (except Dismal Shade) and just left it hanging around if it turned out to be unmanageable.

Nowadays I can just leave them in the Finder and activate them when I feel like trying again, which makes the whole limit thing a lot less annoying. In terms of PW annoyances, the quest limit certainly doesn't have a high ranking.

Although it seems a new dragon quest chain opens every 10 levels... and you can't really deactivate them. So that's going to slowly drain the number of available slots...
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    kargor wrote: »
    In PW, I have maybe half the quest slots blocked by being unable to do them --- but that's just because I haven't dropped them yet --- leftovers from back when the quest finder would just offer you a random quest instead of giving you the list. So I just took every quest (except Dismal Shade) and just left it hanging around if it turned out to be unmanageable.

Nowadays I can just leave them in the Finder and activate them when I feel like trying again, which makes the whole limit thing a lot less annoying. In terms of PW annoyances, the quest limit certainly doesn't have a high ranking.
    Some of the quests limited by the level range, when you can take them, so don't forget to take them.

For example, this:
    The Showdown - limited by 40 - 50 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i have played threw to lvl 80+ now for 2 times and am on my third run at it with a barb ,but i find with the fb,tt and ff quest it is hard to keep enough room for other quests .. i mean it just seems that 20 quest limit is sort of a pain when then alot of quest get spread out and u have limited time to do some.. i know that u can drop quests and retake them but wouldn't it be better to not limit the quest number just a thought for the gm and forum ppl here
    why do you still have FB/TT quests lol? i dont think 20 is too small, i think you just are bad at taking the time to do quests, the only time ive ever been overwhelemed with them is in the 25s-30s, and see them diminish in number as i get higher. me thinks you crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Noxus - Dreamweaver
    Noxus - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I asked myself the same thing.

the 20 quest thing doesn't make any sense for me

should remove or at least icrease the number
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    why do you still have FB/TT quests lol?

*cough* oracle leveling *coughs*
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    too many active quests at one time can overwhelm the player and perhaps the game (maybe the limit is 20 because the quest log cyber-spacially cannot handle any more than that).

a lot of times you'll get quests for the same mobs. and sure, if you have 3 quests to kill 60 of one thing, its more time-efficient to do them all at once, but it hurts you in the end (fewer drops, less mob exp).

and i dont think that any single level (from 1-105) gives 20 quests in a level. so really there is no mechanical need for a limit exceeding 20. if you're slow or late to complete quests, thus making you unable to pick up the new ones.. that's your problem and your own fault, not the quest list's. and as already mentioned, the higher lvl you get, the fewer quests there are, so it becomes less of a problem. at early lvls you should be only questing, no grinding outside of what is needed for the quest. you'll go through lvls and quests in equal time.

your issue with fb quests tho, i agree with. that should/could be solved by changing WHEN you can get those quests. i really never understood why you get fb39 quests at lvl 21 (just a random example, not exact numbers.. but you get the point). it's stupid, annoying, misleading, and confusing for new players. cant count how many times ive had people nagging me to help them get quest mobs in an fb that they're gonna be running in a few lvls, and the monumental fights that occured because i told them "you do that during the fb run.. when you're lvl x9".

then again the whole concept of running the full fb in one sitting with wines is a player created and enforced rule. the quests were probably set up that way on purpose, with the intent of having people explore the dungeons more than once.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *cough* oracle leveling *coughs*

lol. i used to laugh to myself at the ppl complaining about "oracle noobs" until a few days ago, when i passed by this person who was lvl 21 about 2 weeks ago (when she won a scroll of tome) and now she's lvl 79 (at the minimum, judging by her gears). i was mortified. and grossly insulted.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the 20 limit is annoying. I'm frequently at the max due to the fact I simply don't like questing anymore.

"Kill 100 nasty magic spamming densely packed agro mobs for the nice reward of a **** charm and less than 1% in exp"? No thanks =/
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:surrender I don't see how anyone could possibly rack up 20 quests and not be able to junk one or two the only way I could see that is if you are just lazy or have never done a boss quest in your life. I got 20 quests only 2 times in the year I have been here and both times I junked a quest or went and completed one and it wasn't a issue anymore. b:shutup Go do your quests and they won't continue to stack thats why you can turn down quests most of em stay there for ages so you have plenty of time to do them. Quest log is for active quests you plan on doing right now anyway. Not for quests you think you are going to do some time in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well i would HATE it to have more than 20 quests on my active list lol. im already scrolling up and down like which one is this which one is that? ugh!!

maybe we go a few days without doing Bh well get all the quests done lol, that would be nice
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Having the limit is probably to prevent people from grinding, say, level 1-60, collecting all the quests each level, then doing them all at level 60 where 90% of them will be simple exp gains.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:surrender I don't see how anyone could possibly rack up 20 quests and not be able to junk one or two the only way I could see that is if you are just lazy or have never done a boss quest in your life. I got 20 quests only 2 times in the year I have been here and both times I junked a quest or went and completed one and it wasn't a issue anymore. b:shutup Go do your quests and they won't continue to stack thats why you can turn down quests most of em stay there for ages so you have plenty of time to do them. Quest log is for active quests you plan on doing right now anyway. Not for quests you think you are going to do some time in the future.

^ This

Why not just do the quests. Not like they are difficult.

And any HH quests can be picked up when you go in there so you do not have to "hold" them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Remember these limits were set before:
    -oracle spammage
    -Rebirth spammage
    -Bounty Hunter spammage

With that said, when the lvl ups gave me a ton of quests it was way before this spammage time, and when these quests were one of the major sources of exp income, i can say i had no problem with quests overflowing.

If you are spamming rebirth or oracles or hell even BH, then you will definitely have inadequate quest log space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan