spell usage and power (i can't word it right)

Options
Zalum - Heavens Tear
Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Ok you know how annoying it is to go to the veno trainer or who ever you train with to upgrade skills and such?

I think it would be nice if instead of having to go back, the skills upgrade as you use them, so say you use Venomous Scarab, as you use it it get Proficiency points, once it hits max, it goes up to LV2 VS.

so all you have to do is go to the venomancer to learn New skills, so you can keep spirit and cash for better things, like genie or other things.

This way you aren't stuck in a cave wishing you had a better healing spell, just use it and it will upgrade as you use it.
Post edited by Zalum - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    skills are about the only coin sink this game has.. they need to stay as is.. unfortunatly
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    skills are about the only coin sink this game has.. they need to stay as is.. unfortunatly

yep
    D:
    skills put me in coin debt.
    xD
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i don't think it's annoying to need to talk to an npc to upgrade a skill. it's not like you access a new skill level every 10 minutes.

so once a day or so, you have to go talk to the npc. not a big deal. my guess is you spend at least 10 minutes in arch doing your crazy stone anyway. take that time in between and go talk to the npc to level up your skill.

it also encourages people to think about what skills they need first and what they should level up, instead of just being able to level up everything.

there's also the problem with skills like marrows. most bms don't want to max out their alter magical marrow, but they have to use it from time to time. so how would they go about using it without levelling it up? (if im understanding your idea right o_O)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]