BM builds

FeralBlade - Lost City
FeralBlade - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
I'm new to BMs and stuff. Could someone explain the difference between polearm, poleaxe, sword, and fist. And what are good stats? Skills I should never touch? Help?b:surrender
Post edited by FeralBlade - Lost City on

Comments

• Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In terms of damage over time, Axe > Pole arm > Sword > fist. In terms of accuracy (not missing), its the other way around. However, if you stat for fist, and use axes, you can enjoy the accuracy of fist whiles using Axes, you will lose some damage compared to other pure axes builds though.

other than that, click on all the skills on this page:

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

and see for yourself how each path's skills differ than another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melack - Harshlands
    Melack - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In terms of damage over time, Axe > Pole arm > Sword > fist. In terms of accuracy (not missing), its the other way around. However, if you stat for fist, and use axes, you can enjoy the accuracy of fist whiles using Axes, you will lose some damage compared to other pure axes builds though.

pure axes? lol! most of axe users put vit n dex req n the rest into vit so with u r going to make the same damage but u r not going to have all the aoes etc

edit: also is fist>sword>axe cus the dps of fist are brutal n sword users hit hard!
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009

wrong wrong wrong fist put out the most DPS there is they might not hit hard but they hit 2-3x faster then others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As previously stated, fists do the most damage over time. High dex BMs can even out damage archers while doing bosses. Fists are actually (usually) a BM's best weapon to hold aggro on a boss. Axes are about spike damage, which is what makes them favorable in PvP and for people who like to see big numbers.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok with the exeption of drakes bash wich hits roughly as hard as atamos strike axes skills actually have the 2nd lowest damage of the paths...the lowest being fists (HF is amp damage usefullness its spike ....not so much)

this missconception about "axes have best spike" must end axes get a zerk weaon 20 lvls earlier...thats about it

for spike sword or spear will pack the most punch

heres the weapon use breakdown btw

axes- best aoe attacks a really good stun 2nd lowest spike damage on skills and low dps on normal atacks usefull for fighing multiple enimies or for the stun

spears- range high damage linear aoe's stacked bleeds good spike damage no real drawbacks a verry balanced weapon good for running oponents

swords- hardest hitting non spark skill hardest hitting ultimate. drawback is that other than myriad this path has 0 aoe's

fists- crazy high dps but lowest spike damage short range make them easy to kite. excelent for dishing out large amounts of damage on a mele oponent or a stunlocked runner

hope that helpsb:bye
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok with the exeption of drakes bash wich hits roughly as hard as atamos strike axes skills actually have the 2nd lowest damage of the paths...the lowest being fists (HF is amp damage usefullness its spike ....not so much)

this missconception about "axes have best spike" must end axes get a zerk weaon 20 lvls earlier...thats about it

for spike sword or spear will pack the most punch

heres the weapon use breakdown btw

axes- best aoe attacks a really good stun 2nd lowest spike damage on skills and low dps on normal atacks usefull for fighing multiple enimies or for the stun

spears- range high damage linear aoe's stacked bleeds good spike damage no real drawbacks a verry balanced weapon good for running oponents

swords- hardest hitting non spark skill hardest hitting ultimate. drawback is that other than myriad this path has 0 aoe's

fists- crazy high dps but lowest spike damage short range make them easy to kite. excelent for dishing out large amounts of damage on a mele oponent or a stunlocked runner

hope that helpsb:bye

There's a reason why Axe skills don't do alot of damage, it's expected if you go the axe way, that your most likely putting more str into your build so base damage is already high and the skills are a "bonus".

You seem to go by the skill damages instead of looking at the big picture.

Yes, Sword's ultimate hits the most but a typical sword user doesn't have alot of strength to make it a legit killer - or esle i'd see more sword users in TW which i barely see if at all. each path damage from skills are focusing on basic builds.

Anyway, people nowadays love the AoE which is why you see more axe BMs than anything esle. Their ultimate is the best no doubt because of the 100percent curse. If you looking to take someone out PVP wise in a party or a group, a BM drops it and a wizard or any other magic class can simply hit the target [a high hp one at it too] once or twice and it's down very easy. I do this alot in TW and it shows great results, and also wipes people out in PK more often making group pk more easier. :P

Let me say this though, a Fist BM is very dangerous in the late levels and if their weapon is refined enough cause of constant hits, but in the lower levels unless you want it for PvE mostly it's a waste. Spear is actually a under-rated weapon cause it has it's long-ranged attacks, and requires dex and if you want you can pump quite a few str points into it to make it a legit sleeper.

Just remember, skills don't require attack-rate and all shoot in the same in the end no matter what weapon.

If your looking for something that pumps serious damage and don't mind the almost-slow attack rate of axes and want to AoE your enemies then axes is for you. If you want to be balanced i'd go for the Spear for it's long-rang ablities. Or you can try sword for the quick strong dps. If you plan on putting into the game more, you can try fist later on.

But this class is called a Blademaster for a reason, you can legit have all weapons of this class and master their skills for different situations. Which is a smart thing todo. It's all how your gameplay is.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wrong wrong wrong fist put out the most DPS there is they might not hit hard but they hit 2-3x faster then others.

/totally owned.

lol just started a alt bm... so i guess i was wrong o.o

b:shutup i think i'll stop posting in this section D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melack - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    But this class is called a Blademaster for a reason, you can legit have all weapons of this class and master their skills for different situations. Which is a smart thing todo. It's all how your gameplay is.

agree....STOP the vit builds! dex BMS FTW!
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    myth #603485098760943876 axe bm's have the highest str of any bm path

...anyone alse here notice that almost ever single build for a bm is 5-6 str every 2 lvls?

and thx fo the reminder....axes do have the most wonderfully combo-able ultimate

axe path is 360 aoe's the axe skills hit lower simply because your hitting a LOT of things at once and they'd be broken if they hit as hard as oh say swords

b:bye
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    myth #603485098760943876 axe bm's have the highest str of any bm path

...anyone alse here notice that almost ever single build for a bm is 5-6 str every 2 lvls?

and thx fo the reminder....axes do have the most wonderfully combo-able ultimate

axe path is 360 aoe's the axe skills hit lower simply because your hitting a LOT of things at once and they'd be broken if they hit as hard as oh say swords

I only have two things to say.

1.) It's not a myth that axes require more str then any other weapon path. It's a fact.

2.) Axes do have the highest spike damage. Fact.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    axes can acheive the highest spike yes but thats with their amp ultimate im arging from a pure skill damage dps standpoint atm

never said they dont NEED the higest srength to use....said that almost all bm builds use 5 or 6 str per 2 levels so the strength boost isnt specific to only that weapon

• Melack - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    axes can acheive the highest spike yes but thats with their amp ultimate im arging from a pure skill damage dps standpoint atm

never said they dont NEED the higest srength to use....said that almost all bm builds use 5 or 6 str per 2 levels so the strength boost isnt specific to only that weapon

hey do u have an alt? u stop lvling -.-
    edited November 2009
    Actually you stated that it was a myth that axe bm path has the highest str. Its not a myth. They do.

And you contradict yourself saying without skills, then stat with ultimate they do. Isn't that a skill??

Zero is confused by your logic.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    i said skill damage...HF is amazing but mainly for its amp wich is a debuff not damage

sorry about the misunderstanding yes axes have highest str requirement my point was that since most bm builds are focouseed on str the diferance in str isnt that large/ is nonexestiant

bm builds (str/dex/vit) every 2 levels

6/4/0
    6/3/1
    6/2/2
    6/1/3
    5/5/0
    5/4/1
    5/3/2

all this said bm is best when mutipathed all the weapons have their uses when it comes tu killin things (hint you stick the pointy end into the fleshy parts)b:cute
    edited November 2009
    You forgot 5/2/3
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well first off, when I said axes had the most spike damage, I was talking about auto attacks. It's a fact that axes have the ability to do the most damage with normal attacks. Fists have constant damage though, and have a higher attack rate, which is what makes them good for damage over time.

Second off, about the 5-6 str thing. Yes, axes do require the most str, 6 per 10 points. The thing is, you don't need at least 5 str for every BM build in terms of being able to use your weapon. The reason why every BM build has a minimum of 5 str per 10 points is because that is the minimum requirement for heavy armor. Using heavy armor would probably be the smartest thing to do, but it's not required to be able to use fists (and swords I believe, I may be wrong here though). I've had a number of BMs who wear light armor tell me it's actually pretty nice because they're able to dump more into dex, giving them higher evasion, and the light armor provides for better magic defense.

That's just my two cents. I personally have an axe BM, and I love it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    axes do absolutly BAD damage with auto attack...b:chuckle

fists are tha kings of auto even more so than archers once you get - interval gears but axes realy do need skils for anything but grinding and at post lvl 70 they use skills to aoe

please use multiple weapons... each has its own strengths and weaknessesb:surrender

and thanks for the reminder on the 5/2/3 buildb:thanks
  • Melack - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    its that an alt? or u just stop lvling?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There's a reason why Axe skills don't do alot of damage, it's expected if you go the axe way, that your most likely putting more str into your build so base damage is already high and the skills are a "bonus".

You seem to go by the skill damages instead of looking at the big picture.

Yes, Sword's ultimate hits the most but a typical sword user doesn't have alot of strength to make it a legit killer - or esle i'd see more sword users in TW which i barely see if at all. each path damage from skills are focusing on basic builds.

Anyway, people nowadays love the AoE which is why you see more axe BMs than anything esle. Their ultimate is the best no doubt because of the 100percent curse. If you looking to take someone out PVP wise in a party or a group, a BM drops it and a wizard or any other magic class can simply hit the target [a high hp one at it too] once or twice and it's down very easy. I do this alot in TW and it shows great results, and also wipes people out in PK more often making group pk more easier. :P

Let me say this though, a Fist BM is very dangerous in the late levels and if their weapon is refined enough cause of constant hits, but in the lower levels unless you want it for PvE mostly it's a waste. Spear is actually a under-rated weapon cause it has it's long-ranged attacks, and requires dex and if you want you can pump quite a few str points into it to make it a legit sleeper.

Just remember, skills don't require attack-rate and all shoot in the same in the end no matter what weapon.

If your looking for something that pumps serious damage and don't mind the almost-slow attack rate of axes and want to AoE your enemies then axes is for you. If you want to be balanced i'd go for the Spear for it's long-rang ablities. Or you can try sword for the quick strong dps. If you plan on putting into the game more, you can try fist later on.

You don't see swords in TW because a BM's job in TW is to debuff, AoE, and stun so that other classes can kill the target. If you're pure axe, you likely have more vit than someone who uses swords or fists, not strength.

bout it being the best ulti, meh... debatable. I like to use Myriad to just 1 shot ppl or finish them off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]