BH and laziness.

Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
Is it me or does is seem like alot of my friends have stopped grinding now that BH has come along?
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Honestly, I think it's better that way. You have two options:

Grind for hours on end for the exp, killing the same mobs over and over with the same skills over and over, learning nothing new about the game outside of how to kill _____ (insert grinding mob here)

Spend a bit in a BH for the same amount of exp, working with people in a squad around your level, getting used to FBs that you can handle if played right. If you get random squads you get new people every time, you meet new people, you learn which parties work and which don't, and how to work to your full potential in a squad. You get comfortable in instances that are normally hard, and you learn how to work around a bad squad to still survive the BH.

Which one is a decision that gives you more knowledge of the game? Grinding is just as bad as oracles with less exp for learning game mechanics, imo. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    X_x'
    yep mindless grinding doesn't teach you anything. which be why me don't like PvE servers. b:chuckle

but me still grind. (o.O)'
    but they quests mobs so...um...me guest? (grind + quest = guest?) b:puzzled
    or mayhaps it's quest + grind = Qrind? (>.<)'

and sometimes when it's like 8 different quests to kill the dam same monsters 60 times. D:
    and me don't stack them up then... it gets boring.
    b:sad
    darn orchard petalis.
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Depends, challeging grinding does exist.. like AoE'ing on those acephalid generals near streams.. can get pretty challenging and fun, specially without a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Grinding also gives a pritty decent chance to give you alot of money (DQ items, good drops, actually quite alot of coin if you count it up)

While BH only gives good money in the rare ocasions something good drops (and you get that something).

So if you lvl purely on BH's, you'll probably end up with less money than those who grind.

Personaly, I just do both (as you only have 1 BH each day)

O, and I TT alot. That also learns you alot
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris