Heavy/Arcane veno soloing TT

estelle
estelle Posts: 21 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Hi, Im lvl 95veno (heavy/arcane) gears with 21% channel (will be 27 soon) and high magic attack stat (thanks to lunarglade gears)...

My question is can I solo any TT3-2 / 3-3?
my gears can be switch easily from heavy to arcane.

is there any world boss i can tank with herc at this lvl?

thanks
Post edited by estelle on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    estelle wrote: »

thanks

Highly doubt it, but you can with ranged pets.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hi, Im lvl 95veno (heavy/arcane) gears with 21% channel (will be 27 soon) and high magic attack stat (thanks to lunarglade gears)...

thanks

World boss? I don't think so. Maybe just 1. Wraith hunter. But prepare for 12h+ fight. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think you mean Soul Hunter.

And that thing debuffs more then anything else, you can probably solo it without a pet.

Will take at least a day though, lol.
    edited November 2009
    I think you mean Soul Hunter.

And that thing debuffs more then anything else, you can probably solo it without a pet.

Will take at least a day though, lol.

Sorry, you right. I mean soul hunter of course. Thanksb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Solo 3-2/3-3? Even IF your herc could tank the hercable 3 bosses in there, it would take you hours on end to even get to them. Seriously the mobs past the first boss are equivalents of 3-1 bosses. They hit like a truck, you'd have to pull each and every single one, avoid getting hit, and spend 10 minutes spam healing per mob. But if you wanna try it, go for it lol.
    b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    Also I think, that venos are very overpowered to PVE. Not PVP but PVE for sure. Why is no balance in this part of game? Why I cannot solo TT 1-3 or even 1-1? Why I cannot have so much money as they can have? Where is balance? Why they can do almost everything in game alone and me not? Where is justice? Especially in these economy inflated days.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Also I think, that venos are very overpowered to PVE. Not PVP but PVE for sure. Why is no balance in this part of game? Why I cannot solo TT 1-3 or even 1-1? Why I cannot have so much money as they can have? Where is balance? Why they can do almost everything in game alone and me not? Where is justice? Especially in these economy inflated days.b:sad

read the description of a veno it says it is a solo class if you wanted a solo class you shoulda read the descriptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009

For 3-2, if you're doing the whole run solo, you'll die on time boss. Even if you manage to pass the time boss, Behemoth/Colluseast, would probably kill you (He's a frontal AoE + wide range stun AoE boss, btw). You will not survive the first sleep boss, nor the second, if you manage to pass the first one. Due to your herc taking aggro and you being put to sleep, disabling you to cast Pet Heal. 3-3 is impossible, after time boss. Also, many of the mobs in 3-2/3-3 are as strong as fb109 bosses, if not stronger. Only options are to run it with a party or to get all your equipments refined heavily and charm tanking the bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    World boss? I don't think so. Maybe just 1. Wraith hunter. But prepare for 12h+ fight. ;-)

Try 3+, and the one I did fully was less than half of your figure at Lv.93. With an alt: even faster.
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009

How often you see venos doing RB or Zhen? Don't be ignorant, compare our stat gains compared to others on Vit, Str, etc: http://perfectworldinternational.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class_Traits
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/info/statistic

On top of that, to solo these big things, we most often need a very high priced pets.
    edited November 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    How often you see venos doing RB or Zhen? Don't be ignorant, compare our stat gains compared to others on Vit, Str, etc: http://perfectworldinternational.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class_Traits
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/info/statistic

On top of that, to solo these big things, we most often need a very high priced pets.

Yes you need high level pet to do that. That true. BUT you have this possibility to have it. I don't. I cannot do alone any instance except FB 19. Do you think is it fair? You can do TT and earn huge profit. When I do TT in squad, I don't get anything worth it, because usually I'm last one who get dropped items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Yes you need high level pet to do that.

High level is ambiguous. Specifically: cash shop pet. IE: Expensive.
    BUT you have this possibility to have it.

If it bothers you, why not play a veno?
    I don't.

Anyone can reroll. That's how I ended up with a Wiz Alt.
    Do you think is it fair?

Absolutely.
    You can do TT and earn huge profit.

Venos also have HUGE expenses, unless they're the worthless (many of them) venos that let other people do all the work for them. How many hours of TT WORK must I do just to pay for 1 legendary pet. How much more do I have to pay to get the same amount of HP out of vit than you, or pdef/atk out of str? Really, do the people whining about a SOLO CLASS really have a grasp of what they're complaining about? Try finding a RB squad to finish your cultivation after 89 being a veno with defense as priority over HP. Wiz's and Clerics can heal themselves repeatedly. Our healing has a long cool down time. Therefore, it's not wise for us to have bucket loads of HP.
    When I do TT in squad, I don't get anything worth it, because usually I'm last one who get dropped items.

And what's your overhead? On my server, if you subbed: you commonly get first choice of drops. If you have high repair bills or high operational costs: you get priority. You have choice to sub or not. Also, look at veno forum about all the venos whining about price of legendary pets. There is NOTHING for you to be complaining about! If you're not happy playing your class: reroll.
    edited November 2009

Absolutely.

Venos also have HUGE expenses, unless they're the worthless (many of them) venos that let other people do all the work for them. How many hours of TT WORK must I do just to pay for 1 legendary pet. How much more do I have to pay to get the same amount of HP out of vit than you, or pdef/atk out of str? Really, do the people whining about a SOLO CLASS really have a grasp of what they're complaining about? Try finding a RB squad to finish your cultivation after 89 being a veno with defense as priority over HP. Wiz's and Clerics can heal themselves repeatedly. Our healing has a long cool down time. Therefore, it's not wise for us to have bucket loads of HP.

And what's your overhead? On my server, if you subbed: you commonly get first choice of drops. If you have high repair bills or high operational costs: you get priority. You have choice to sub or not. Also, look at veno forum about all the venos whining about price of legendary pets. There is NOTHING for you to be complaining about!
    One time when you get your legendary pet(it doesn't matter how cost is it), you will start earning lot of money. And this pets will return you money. So his price is irrelevant.
    TT. I spend on every TT much more mana than cleric. Also I have to repair my stuff like every else.

I really happy with my wizard. But I just don't like that fact, that venos can do almost everything in game alone and can earn much more money than other classes. That's not fair to other. And reroll doesn't solve the problem. Maybe just for me, but not in global.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes you need high level pet to do that. That true. BUT you have this possibility to have it. I don't. I cannot do alone any instance except FB 19. Do you think is it fair? You can do TT and earn huge profit. When I do TT in squad, I don't get anything worth it, because usually I'm last one who get dropped items.
    You're committing a logical fallacy of looking at only a subset of the solution space, and pretending it represents the entirety of the solution space. You're looking only at what can be done alone, and pretending that represents the entirety of what needs to be fair.

Veno+herc > cleric. Veno+herc > barb. BUT you have to be playing alone, because...

cleric+barb > veno+herc. If you have a cleric + barb + 2 veno group, the cleric and barb make more things possible than the 2 venos.

It's pretty simple. Veno is better solo. Cleric and barb are better grouped.

Not to mention befriending a barb (or if you play a barb, befriending a cleric) is considerably cheaper and quicker than buying a legendary pet.

The other classes are kinda screwed, but they are by definition support classes.
    I really happy with my wizard. But I just don't like that fact, that venos can do almost everything in game alone and can earn much more money than other classes. That's not fair to other. And reroll doesn't solve the problem. Maybe just for me, but not in global.
    My main is a veno with both legendary pets. I make gobs more money via my cat shop than my veno ever could. Any class can run a cat shop. So there is no problem - all classes are equally capable of making the same amount of money.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    /
    /

Both of you. STFU and GTFO of this thread if all you can do is go off-topic from the OP's main question and flame each other. Get over yourselves. No one cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Absolutely.

Venos also have HUGE expenses, unless they're the worthless (many of them) venos that let other people do all the work for them. How many hours of TT WORK must I do just to pay for 1 legendary pet.which is a luxury and not really needed How much more do I have to pay to get the same amount of HP out of vit than you, endgame refines are mainly all the hp you get though or pdef/atk out of str? even though the effect is low at any class Really, do the people whining about a SOLO CLASS really have a grasp of what they're complaining about? Try finding a RB squad to finish your cultivation after 89 being a veno with defense as priority over HP. Wiz's and Clerics can heal themselves repeatedly. Our healing has a long cool down time. even though you do have a personal tank Therefore, it's not wise for us to have bucket loads of HP. even though your heal is a % one and not a amount one

And what's your overhead? On my server, if you subbed: you commonly get first choice of drops. If you have high repair bills or high operational costs: you get priority. You have choice to sub or not. Also, look at veno forum about all the venos whining about price of legendary pets.see my earlier statement about them There is NOTHING for you to be complaining about! If you're not happy playing your class: reroll.

my opinion about your post is red you QQ alot for no apparent reason i think
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Both of you. STFU and GTFO of this thread if all you can do is go off-topic from the OP's main question and flame each other. Get over yourselves. No one cares.

+1 b:chuckle
    edited November 2009
    You're committing a logical fallacy of looking at only a subset of the solution space, and pretending it represents the entirety of the solution space. You're looking only at what can be done alone, and pretending that represents the entirety of what needs to be fair.

Veno+herc > cleric. Veno+herc > barb. BUT you have to be playing alone, because...

cleric+barb > veno+herc. If you have a cleric + barb + 2 veno group, the cleric and barb make more things possible than the 2 venos.

It's pretty simple. Veno is better solo. Cleric and barb are better grouped.

Not to mention befriending a barb (or if you play a barb, befriending a cleric) is considerably cheaper and quicker than buying a legendary pet.

The other classes are kinda screwed, but they are by definition support classes.

My main is a veno with both legendary pets. I make gobs more money via my cat shop than my veno ever could. Any class can run a cat shop. So there is no problem - all classes are equally capable of making the same amount of money.

cat shop? Of course. But if big difference if you selling some garbage or some TT mats which you can obtain by yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    One time when you get your legendary pet(it doesn't matter how cost is it), you will start earning lot of money.

Purgatoral and Demonal documents, -3,6,9% ch / +crit rings, rare mats etc etc drop from regular mobs that can be done by anyone. Anyone can make coin fast. Legendary pets aren't always the best grind pets. Merchanting is also part of the game. Wiz expenses are much lower than Veno, so you should have no problem.

And this pets will return you money. So his price is irrelevant.

After how many hours of holding down the heal pet button? Go out and hold up a "will work for food" sign and see how much faster you can buy items in game with cash / gold exchange than I can earn with Herc/ Nix by holding a button down.
    I spend on every TT much more mana than cleric.

Optionally. A good party will take down a boss before a good wiz needs MP. A good Veno of course makes biggest difference here.
    Also I have to repair my stuff like every else.

But you don't have to feed pets, pay to hatch, pay to revert, pay to train, etc etc. Your repair bills are so much lower than a Barbs.
    I really happy with my wizard. But I just don't like that fact, that venos can do almost everything in game alone and can earn much more money than other classes.

Well roll a veno, then be miserable about how much more it cost you to get the same amount of HP, MP, Def, etc. Be miserable about how every other veno has legendary pets and you'd have to spend a long time doing boring stuff to earn one.
    That's not fair to other.

Whine whine whine. You have it better in every other way. -That's not fair!
    edited November 2009
    Ok. I done with this topic. I don't want to MOD to lock it, because is out of main question.b:pleased
    Maybe I will open new topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    cat shop? Of course. But if big difference if you selling some garbage or some TT mats which you can obtain by yourself.
    And that is why you are poor. You think negatively. You don't think, "How can I make money using a cat shop", and implement that. You think, "Cat shops can't make me money because..." and never bother trying. Instead of thinking of what you can do, you try to think of reasons why it can't work, and talk yourself out of trying.

I never sold TT mats via my cat shop until my guildmates asked me to bank mats from our TT runs. Instead, I identified areas where people were selling dropped mats to NPCs, set up a cat shop next to the NPC buying them. Then I moved the shop to Archo where people were buying those mats, and sold them at a profit. Almost nothing I got as loot while playing made it onto the cat shop - it operated independently.
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2009

You answered your own question. The balance lies with us not being able to pvp. You can pvp but can't pve. We can pve but not pvp. b:bye

Edit: My main is a veno