Skill "Roar"

unkx
unkx Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Barbarian
Hey. I have Roar at Level 2. It's possible to take the aggro but only for a short time. So im thinking about to raise my Roar for better effect. What is a good Level to stop upgrading ? Because I dont wanna max. it....
Post edited by unkx on

Comments

• Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i have always been told roar resets effected mobs aggro to 0 and gives you a threat level that increases with skill level. the higher you lvl it the longer it will hold aggro on the mobs, so if you want to be the party tank, level it when you can. you will eventually get it to 10, not a very expensive skill, but good in a pinch.
  • Cragg - Lost City
    Cragg - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    unkx wrote: »
    Hey. I have Roar at Level 2. It's possible to take the aggro but only for a short time. So im thinking about to raise my Roar for better effect. What is a good Level to stop upgrading ? Because I dont wanna max. it....

I think mine is 7 and i plan to max it, if a squishy in your party steals aggro its 1 of the best things to get use to get it back then i hit devour to increase threat lvl even more. But max when you can if you plan to be the main tank in the party.
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Roar is certainly worth lvl'ing up. I personaly use this skill all the time really.

If you ever plan to do rebirth, some TT's and FC this skill will be used a lot. AE aggro is prety important, especially in those situations I would strongly advise to lvl'ing this skill up if you can afford it.
  • Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Max this skill asap because it's essential in a lot of instances. It's AoE and a life saver for your squad and a musthave in RB.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes level roar. Its really useful for aoe aggro.
    But note however that while roar resets aggro the aggro it generates is quite low. Which means you can use roar to gather the mobs close, but then if anyone in your party attacks a mob you have not fleshreamed, you will lose aggro. Train your party to assist attack you and use some other aoe attack to help hold the aggro from roar (sunder comes to mind). The genie skill 'alpha male' is also pretty good for this job. And make sure the veno has you constantly bramble guarded. That does help keep some aggro.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • KioshiRyuu - Lost City
    KioshiRyuu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    as everyone else said roar is a very important skill to level if your going to tank, however if you plan on going demon barb at 89 then you should try to get lvl 11 demon roar as well as it gives 10seconds of returning 100% pdmg, but don't really got to get it lvl 11 if you go sage, because sage just adds a mdmg debuff but that's a personal choice reather u wanna get it or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fito - Lost City
    Fito - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    as everyone else said roar is a very important skill to level if your going to tank, however if you plan on going demon barb at 89 then you should try to get lvl 11 demon roar as well as it gives 10seconds of returning 100% pdmg, but don't really got to get it lvl 11 if you go sage, because sage just adds a mdmg debuff but that's a personal choice reather u wanna get it or not

you mean reflecting Pdmg is more important then receiving less Mdmg?
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2009

From a aggro perspective...yes... from a surviving perspective...not so much. b:chuckle
    Just depends on your point of view. Personally I'd take a 100% dmg reflect b:dirty over a 30% mdef anyday (unless if it overwrites bramblehood like alpha male does).

I plan on somehow getting all my sage skills as and when I can afford them. (will probably be 105 and will have not much else to do by the time I get them all b:cry).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • KioshiRyuu - Lost City
    KioshiRyuu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009

like Hazardus said from a strictly aggro standpoint yes reflecting dmg is more important.b:surrender

don't get me wrong though xD I'm a sage barb through and through and i love my mdmg debuffing roar. It's quite useful when pulling a cata in tw b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am a demon Barb.

lvl11 Roar + Demon Beastial Rage is a Win Win situation in RB/AoE grinding/noob bhs-fbs.

Roar for aggro - Damage reflect makes em hate you more b:victory - Turtle if the mobs are too many - Beastial Rage and my Chi is Full in a blink! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am a demon Barb.

lvl11 Roar + Demon Beastial Rage is a Win Win situation in RB/AoE grinding/noob bhs-fbs.

Roar for aggro - Damage reflect makes em hate you more b:victory - Turtle if the mobs are too many - Beastial Rage and my Chi is Full in a blink!

like some1 once said, if u throw a sunder between ROAR and BESTIAL RAGE ull have even more effect b:victory

DEMON SUNDER makes every attack critical for 6 second, so:

lvl11 Roar + DEMON SUNDER + Demon Beastial Rage

and ull have like 6 second of pure ownage b:chuckle:
    CRITICAL(by sunder) damage reflected(by roar) for 6 sec +4sec of normal dmg reflected
    + healing 4000hp
    + 8chi per hit suffered for 15 sec
    + every attack is sure critical for 5 sec after sunder

i think that damages reflected are still attacks so they get affected by demon sunder condition...i havent the possibility to test it out for 20 more level so b:surrender...id like an answer by some 99barb with demon sunder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Confired.

After Sunder, reflect damage is critical for 5 sec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]