What would you do?

Options
blindeyesniper
blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Over my time of playing PWI, I've accumulated enough dragon orbs to refine one piece of equipment to 11. I had my heart set on refining a GX axe when I reach 90 but with the expansion coming out and the possibility of attaining better weapons than the GX, I'm not so sure anymore. Why should I do? Should I wait for the expansion and see what it has to offer or refine the GX when I hit 90? I'm 500k exp short of 90 at the moment.
Post edited by blindeyesniper on

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would wait it out.

~Saitada
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would wait it out as well, you waited this long what will it hurt waiting a little more.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Also agree on waiting it out.

On top of that, however, I'd try to accumulate some more d-orbs (possibly enough to try for +12) so that I'd either be able to max out the refine on any better weapon that comes out, or have plenty of orbs left after dealing with my weapon to work on my armors and other gears.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would wait and make the most logical and educated decision that I could. It would be damaging to work that hard for so long and learn how beneficial it would have been if only you had waited a little longer and now it seems all that hard work is a waste.

Your probably feeling like a lot of hard work will pay off, all the money and patience and overwhelming excitement. Whats a bit longer? Make the best choice for yourself and you char that you can and make sure you understand as many consequences and repercussions about either choice you can before you act, That way your more confident about your decision and you won't regret what you chose to do so all that hard work really does pay off in the way you expect it too.

I do also think it would be somewhat of a shame to use them on any other weapon than an endgame weapon however at the endgame it seems there's no so much left to do, Ive been focusing my energy on making my char as strong as possible from level 1-80. Just be happy with your decision and don't let what people say discourage you. You build your char however you want and what will make the game the most fun for you not other players. Ive been called ignorant booted from a squad and called a fail archer for wearing the best gear possible. But I'm having a lot of fun and thats why I play the game. Do what's the most fun in the long run.

Regards
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why waste it on a non-endgame weapon? If you plan on playing till 100 there is a much better option to use all of your savings on.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why waste it on a non-endgame weapon? If you plan on playing till 100 there is a much better option to use all of your savings on.

yea this :) plus the POSSIBILITY of refine transfer comin with the next expansion so id say............ wait b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Refine transfer will most likely never happen. PWI would lose massive amounts of money.

But I would wait. Dont think that this is the end. They are making lunar and frost weapons so easily available now because they most likely have plans to release new equipment with higher damage in the future.

Youve waited this long ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Refine transfer will most likely never happen. PWI would lose massive amounts of money.

GM already stated before that they have no intention of implementing refine transfer here.

Which sucks.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Definitely definitely definitely wait it out.

One thing I (and hundreds of others) have learned the hard way about PWI is that your equipment, along with all the effort you put into it, is always in danger of being rendered obsolete every time even a minor patch comes out.

Now, considering the next patch is a huge mother-of-all patches, and the commitment of resources to +11 something is also huge, I'd say absolutely do not commit those resources until you see the next patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com