edited November 2009
    you can tame a barb by being a cleric :D

Touche!

~Saitada
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Opalmist - Heavens Tear
    Opalmist - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    im not a cleric and i dont want to tame one
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why cant girls be barbs? Tigers are my favorite animal :(

sry but you gotta deal with it you can make a male barb but thats all you can just as venos can only be female alot off people dont like this but w/e it has been suggested loads off times and with no result
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Which then make an inarticulate expression of "HEELMEH!!1!" after the tame when released...
  • Opalmist - Heavens Tear
    Opalmist - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol my brother wanted to be a veno
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why cant girls be barbs? Tigers are my favorite animal :(

For what it's worth, here's probably why tigers are only males and foxes are only females in this game:

White Tigers are from the ancient Chinese belief that a 500+ year old tiger can turn it's fur coat white. They are kings of the animal world. Additionally, Taoists hold that White Tiger is one of 4 fundamental/elemental gods/spirits, presiding over the direction of West and the season of Autumn (28 stars and a bunch of other stuff). It has the power to wage war, banish ghosts/demons/ghouls, etc., making it a distinctly Yang(male) entity.
    (Indigo Dragon, Red Phoenix, and Black Turtlesnake are the other three fundamental spirits)

Foxes are from another Chinese myth that long-lived foxes can demonize/metamorph, achieve immortality, and turn to human female form. They are the ones to blame when good men go bad, as luring/taming willing/unwilling male victims (to feed on their spirits of course) is in their job description. The really old ones become nine-tails. Due to their ability to lure males, they are distinctly Yin(female) entities.
    (Weasel, Hedgehog, Rat, and Snake are the other four demonizable animals. all female I believe.)
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok, this i can accept. what i cant understand is why then they made the barbs and venos have so many different human forms. i know im going to get yelled at for this, but it really bothers me to have a character who looks like a cat/wolf/deer turn into a red fox. it really messes with my head ^o^! i have alts of these, but i just cant really feel comfortable with them. same thing with my barbs- i have ones other than the tiger, but the transformation into something other than what they look like in 'human' form bothers me, so only my tiger gets played. (and him not much...i feel funny with a male character, as if im crossdressing or something! ^o^) so i have wound up playing only my very fluffy tailed fox veno and my cleric.

For what it's worth, here's probably why tigers are only males and foxes are only females in this game:

White Tigers are from the ancient Chinese belief that a 500+ year old tiger can turn it's fur coat white. They are kings of the animal world. Additionally, Taoists hold that White Tiger is one of 4 fundamental/elemental gods/spirits, presiding over the direction of West and the season of Autumn (28 stars and a bunch of other stuff). It has the power to wage war, banish ghosts/demons/ghouls, etc., making it a distinctly Yang(male) entity.
    (Indigo Dragon, Red Phoenix, and Black Turtlesnake are the other three fundamental spirits)

Foxes are from another Chinese myth that long-lived foxes can demonize/metamorph, achieve immortality, and turn to human female form. They are the ones to blame when good men go bad, as luring/taming willing/unwilling male victims (to feed on their spirits of course) is in their job description. The really old ones become nine-tails. Due to their ability to lure males, they are distinctly Yin(female) entities.
    (Weasel, Hedgehog, Rat, and Snake are the other four demonizable animals. all female I believe.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart