Rebirth Needs to get Fixed!! 1K shouldn't = Fail.. Or should it?

Rapturd - Heavens Tear
Rapturd - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Why do we fail when getting 1k'd in rb now while others didn't have this same problem leveling. It was easier to get to 101 a while ago than it is now cause of Rebirth sucking. Is this something that will be fixed in the future? Pls respond.
Post edited by Rapturd - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why do we fail when getting 1k'd in rb now while others didn't have this same problem leveling. It was easier to get to 101 a while ago than it is now cause of Rebirth sucking. Is this something that will be fixed in the future? Pls respond.

This problem has existed since last month or so. It hasn't been fixed. The original bug of getting kicked out of RB since last year still hasn't been fixed so I don't think this one will be fixed either.
  • IKrue - Lost City
    IKrue - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I really wish this problem would get fixed. It would help so many people. I would buy 10 gold the day this gets fixed.
  • Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can also try to not die. RB was ment to be hard. If your squad is good in their job no one goes to 1k.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can also try to not die. RB was ment to be hard. If your squad is good in their job no one goes to 1k.

i second this...

it probly isn't a bug so stop whining. ur just whining cause u couldn't stop it from happening from something u bought in CS b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i second this...

it probly isn't a bug so stop whining. ur just whining cause u couldn't stop it from happening from something u bought in CS b:chuckle

you do realize their is lots of lag in GV right? In gamma I remember a barb with over 14k hp die in an instant.. he had full life, didn't look like he'd been hit... had a charm on, and WHAM next second he was dead. I can only guess that was lag.. or something of the sort, but anyway weird stuff happens. From my understanding, the 1k bug is because you are still getting hit after you are dead.. killing you again at the spawn point (and that area the respawn is in 1k). Ideally nobody dies, but weird stuff happens, sometimes there is just nothing you can do.. and to be ported to 1k just makes things 100x worse.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can die in RB and not get 1ked. The 1k teleport happens when you take too much dmg ... like 2x your full HP meaning "you die twice" . Having a good BM and barb would save your Rb run from 1k ... the only risk is the veno to get 1ked while splitting wave 9-4 if he gets stuned before taking the mobs to the squad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can die in RB and not get 1ked. The 1k teleport happens when you take too much dmg ... like 2x your full HP meaning "you die twice" . Having a good BM and barb would save your Rb run from 1k ... the only risk is the veno to get 1ked while splitting wave 9-4 if he gets stuned before taking the mobs to the squad...
    i think you have things a little mixed up o_o; venos dont do any mob taking to squads. they should be in back using AOEs to keep mobs in line, not luring to the squad.

but thatis essentially what happens, you lag and die twice pretty much, and if you die in the bean gathering place, you get 1k'd. its not a bug :p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009

From reading that it would appear Heavens Tear and Sancturary have slightly differant solutions for completing Delta.

If I understand correctly a veno who is capable of splitting wave 9-4 would decrease the workload on the barb/bm combo and the squad as a whole during the critical wave. I would like more info on how exactly this is done and what the risk to the veno is, the fewer mobs to deal with at one time the better from my point of view.
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Maybe I am wrong but I guess since one of the updates delta is easier. Since that time it's not possible to go out to 1k and enter with the squadmember who was teleported there. Implying this the old way to go out to 1k at the cost of having to trash aura quests was more challenging.

Generally I miss the PvE content atm since delta isn't really challenging. Warsong City could be an option. Hopefully the expansion will come soon.
    b:flower
    edited November 2009
    i think you have things a little mixed up o_o; venos dont do any mob taking to squads. they should be in back using AOEs to keep mobs in line, not luring to the squad.

but thatis essentially what happens, you lag and die twice pretty much, and if you die in the bean gathering place, you get 1k'd. its not a bug :p.

I think you are mixing things up.... She is refering to Delta (looking at her level).

Further more; if the 1k bug(feature) wasn't there and you never got teleported out it wouldn't be fun/challeging. The TS is talking about not levelling fast enough to lvl101.... if you die to much or get teleported to 1k regularly i would take a closer look at your own abbility's/experience.

I share the same opinion as minimus. RB isn't that much of a challenge anymore i consider it as a daily (like the cube). If they made it even easier it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Lvl is just a number ....skill is essential.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wait, you mean wizzies don't tank rebirth gamma?

:O

No WONDER I kept dying. :\

WTB > RB Gamma squad who can hold aggro. :(
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Fcccccccck that.

I'm as hardcore as they come when it comes to gamers but delta is an insanely repetitive and button mashing 4 hour zhen fest. Its effing hard enough without the instant fail when getting 1ked or instant fail when leader DCs. Not to mention its hard enough to stay awake.

If the 1k fail was meant to be there then it should happen every time someone dies. But the bigger problem for me is the whole squad failing when the leader DCs. I am usually the leader in delta and for some reason people DC in there all the time including myself (dced in stage 7 last night).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am usually the leader in delta and for some reason people DC in there all the time including myself (dced in stage 7 last night).
    *smacks* So did our last bm :/ 2 times.... lol Once during stage 2, other during 8 b:surrender after we restarted. Leade dc= fail is nonsense...
    share the same opinion as minimus. RB isn't that much of a challenge anymore i consider it as a daily
    +Half of the people of the squad have close to full lunar/warsoul **** gear @_@ + the blessings... My idea of 100 =/ "picnic parties" is slowly being ruined by the way some ppl get there so fast & easily... Besides they not raising lvl cap anytime soon ^^ So I'm in no hurry
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wait, you mean wizzies don't tank rebirth gamma?

:O

No WONDER I kept dying. :\

WTB > RB Gamma squad who can hold aggro. :(

zmog we don't tank? hmm then why does everyone want me to dump 3 mil into gear just to start? as well as silver and higher charms? b:shocked

WTB > RB Lost City Gamma squad who knows what they doing and can hold aggro. =(
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    *smacks* So did our last bm :/ 2 times.... lol Once during stage 2, other during 8 b:surrender after we restarted. Leade dc= fail is nonsense...

+Half of the people of the squad have close to full lunar/warsoul **** gear @_@ + the blessings... My idea of 100 =/ "picnic parties" is slowly being ruined by the way some ppl get there so fast & easily... Besides they not raising lvl cap anytime soon ^^ So I'm in no hurry

I don't have any event/lunar/warsoul stuff.
    slowly being ruined by the way some ppl get there so fast & easily...

Who said it was fast and easy??
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can die in RB and not get 1ked. The 1k teleport happens when you take too much dmg ... like 2x your full HP meaning "you die twice" . Having a good BM and barb would save your Rb run from 1k ...

^ This is true

Now.....you can get back into the instance and keep going if someone gets ported out. The catch though is that you cannot get more Aura's, therefore it is really not worth it if you are not at about Wave 7-8 unless you have a kickin squad. Anytime before that would be somewhat pointless.

Also, the key to NOT getting ported out is having a squad that knows what they are doing. Yes, things can and do happen, but that is when it is important to have a "backup" plan and the ability to recover and even better people who know what to do. I have seen VERY bad waves in which recovery happened and the entire squad was shocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Assuming and hoping they might fix something with the expansion comes out.

But yeah solution, as someone said earlier, try harder not to die, delta was suppose to be challenging. And if thats not enough, be very grateful you even GET a delta. My timezone sucks so bad id consider myself lucky if i get a invite to delta even once a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It doesn't take 2x your hp to 1k you. Here's what happens:

1) character is laggy, takes a lot of damage, charm ticks
    2) character takes even more damage, dies with some hits still unresolved
    3) character pops up in happy valley within 10 sec of last charm tick. It won't tick again until 10 sec is up, so you're at 10% of normal hp.
    4) rest of the hits resolve, and kill you again.
    5) sometimes you have even more hits, and die in the air in 1k streams. But even that is like 120% of your total hp in damage dealt (since you were at 10% hp again)

This bug would be 99% fixed if charm timer reset when you died.
  • Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Yeah, and obviously you're not high enough to know that in Delta, Venos do need to split out wave 9-4 on most cases. Which entails venos going out and lure second wave of 9-4 around before heading back to the squad to continue killing. So before you know what's going on, please don't be so quick to judge.

-weng
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, and obviously you're not high enough to know that in Delta, Venos do need to split out wave 9-4 on most cases. Which entails venos going out and lure second wave of 9-4 around before heading back to the squad to continue killing. So before you know what's going on, please don't be so quick to judge.

-weng

I've never had to do that and had successful runs.

The last group I was with didn't go so well however. The wizard kept getting ported to 1k streams on the first or second wave.b:surrender
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm as hardcore as they come when it comes to gamers but delta is an insanely repetitive and button mashing 4 hour zhen fest. Its effing hard enough without the instant fail when getting 1ked or instant fail when leader DCs. Not to mention its hard enough to stay awake.

4 hours? b:shocked Shouldn't take that long.

I've had my share of doing full rebirths w/ and w/o splitting 9-4. You don't need to split 9-4 if you killed a good portion of 9-3 and/or you have good enough people to keep 9-4 under control.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I've had my share of doing full rebirths w/ and w/o splitting 9-4. You don't need to split 9-4 if you killed a good portion of 9-3 and/or you have good enough people to keep 9-4 under control.
    yeah but those are only possible if your squad has DD or someone that has a really high average attack to kill them off first.

Control and skill alone will not help a squad thats in their early 90s. Depending on what is available in a squad class and lvl, their tactics will change accordingly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009

well 4 hours is the max time.

usually its around 3:15-3:40
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It doesn't take 2x your hp to 1k you. Here's what happens:

1) character is laggy, takes a lot of damage, charm ticks
    2) character takes even more damage, dies with some hits still unresolved
    3) character pops up in happy valley within 10 sec of last charm tick. It won't tick again until 10 sec is up, so you're at 10% of normal hp.
    4) rest of the hits resolve, and kill you again.
    5) sometimes you have even more hits, and die in the air in 1k streams. But even that is like 120% of your total hp in damage dealt (since you were at 10% hp again)

This bug would be 99% fixed if charm timer reset when you died.

Quoted for Truth. Has nothing to do with taking double your HP in damage. Has to do with exactly what the quoted poster mentions, taking unresolved hits due to lag after the auto-pop to happy valley. For the love of god, this problem would be 100% fixed if they just gave you a little [confirm] button to auto-pop in happy valley. Then there would be no unresolved hits tallying on you instantly (unless you're super trigger happy on the confirm button).