Sharpened Tooth Arrow Explained

2»

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Anyone noticed that Demon tooth / lvl 10 sharptooth only takes off 15% HP and not the 16% as said in the description?

You can even see it in the example pictures...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/Dractonis/2010-01-3017-52-35.jpg
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/Dractonis/2010-01-3017-52-29.jpg

2875819/3383317 = 0.85 = (1 - .15)

I feel robbed!!! Fortunately Blood Vow takes off an honest 18%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Anyone noticed that Demon tooth / lvl 10 sharptooth only takes off 15% HP and not the 16% as said in the description?

You can even see it in the example pictures...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/Dractonis/2010-01-3017-52-35.jpg
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/Dractonis/2010-01-3017-52-29.jpg

2875819/3383317 = 0.85 = (1 - .15)

I feel robbed!!! Fortunately Blood Vow takes off an honest 18%.

its sure that guy have lv10 sharp? b:surrender
    maybe do a example where visible the skill lv then maybe dev team would fix it.
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    --

- The Sage version of the Venomancer skill Soul Degeneration applies an HP Debuff of 20%. It is assumed this does not stack with Sharptooth Arrow, though it has not been verified.

- The Genie skill Ice Blast applies an HP Debuff. It is assumed this does not stack with Sharptooth Arrow, though it has not been verified.

I can confirm both of these to be true, along with the hp debuff from decide claws.
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Docpetiot - Sanctuary
    Docpetiot - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    After reading on another thread that STA does not reduce xp anymore, i made the test myself on decaying cleavehand.
    results: 446xp without STA, 385xp with it (lvl 10).
    What I can't understand is why all the archers (and there is a lot) who believe it's just a myth does not test it themself.
    I mean, it takes not even a mn.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I can confirm both of these to be true, along with the hp debuff from decide claws.
    After reading on another thread that STA does not reduce xp anymore, i made the test myself on decaying cleavehand.
    results: 446xp without STA, 385xp with it (lvl 10).
    What I can't understand is why all the archers (and there is a lot) who believe it's just a myth does not test it themself.
    I mean, it takes not even a mn.

My thanx for the information.
  • Bobzl - Sanctuary
    Bobzl - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    its sure that guy have lv10 sharp? b:surrender
    maybe do a example where visible the skill lv then maybe dev team would fix it.

more proof if you want (shows the level of ST)

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/bobtheweakling/2010-12-1013-04-53.jpg
    80k before demon ST

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/bobtheweakling/2010-12-1013-04-59.jpg
    68k hp after demon ST

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/bobtheweakling/2010-12-1013-05-31.jpg
    65.6k with BV

68/80 = 0.85

65.6/80 = 0.82

get that demon ST does reduce by 15% and BV by 18%

conclusion: devs suck :O

An another you might want to mention in the guide is that ST does not affect hp buffs or the 5% add from necklaces. So in PvP situations, just as an example, against a lvl 10 barb buffed/ necklaced opponent, lvl 10/ demon ST would only take approximately 11% of the total HP (even less on tiger formed barbs), though the difference in the nonSTed HP and STed HP would still equal 15% of the base HP.
  • Delsedora - Archosaur
    Delsedora - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    great Job, good info :)!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Docpetiot - Sanctuary
    Docpetiot - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have a new test for STA. Even though it's obvious to me that xp is reduced when STA is used, no matter if STA is no more on when mob or boss dead, I wanted to make it clear.
    Same mob, decaying cleavehand, but increased life version.
    I maintained the mob alive until STA effect last, then I killed it.
    Result for lvl 10 STA:
    normal xp for me should be 892xp without STA
    I got 767xp

I hope this will end all useless discussion about it.
    And again, if you don't believe me, there is a very simple solution: try it yourself.
  • LolliLoo - Sanctuary
    LolliLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So my question: is it a good idea to use STA in FCC even though there is exp loss? Such as, for the first groups of mobs at the beginning. They don't give much exp, people don't hyper at them, and perhaps STA will help with killing the mobs faster since it reduces HP.

I'd like to know because I'm not sure whether or not to max it or not. I don't want to max something that I will never use and that no one wants me to use.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So my question: is it a good idea to use STA in FCC even though there is exp loss? Such as, for the first groups of mobs at the beginning. They don't give much exp, people don't hyper at them, and perhaps STA will help with killing the mobs faster since it reduces HP.

I'd like to know because I'm not sure whether or not to max it or not. I don't want to max something that I will never use and that no one wants me to use.

Usually I`m always using STA on the "small" pulls in the beginning of FC. It doesn't make sense to use BoA for 2 waves of arrows because the HP of the mobs is low enough and the BM will quickly take them out due to the many AoE skills they have.

I`m also STAing the bosses in FC if the DDing in squad is insufficient, and you're still losing some experience but I don't think it's THAT much.

You must definitely max STA. The only place where you will not lose it a lot is FC. In any other instance STA is your best friend and opening skill.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Max STA.

In FF runs, do not open with STA. Instead, open with Thunderous Blast. By the time your Thunderous Blast has finished, the rest of the squad and your attack will have reduced the HP of the mobs to below 85%, whereupon your second attack - STA - will not decrease XP. I am making these statements in reference to the regular mobs. For the mobs in the XP room, just use Barrage.

Be warned that some people think STA absolutely always positively decreases XP no matter how you use it. It only decreases XP if the HP is above the 15% mark; but others don't realize that. They might kick you from the squad even if you use STA correctly. Do not underestimate partial-ignorance combined with stubbornness.

At 90+ or 95+, you won't even need to use STA b/c by the time you've launched one attack and cast another, the mobs would have died.

And in case it's not clear, never use STA on the bosses in FF runs.