True Emptiness STR v VIT

Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I'm trying to figure out which one adds more attack to the skill. At level 10, the base damage is 1395 and adds 20 damage for each energy/VIT. It then gets 0.8% for each STR. What I'm wondering is if the 0.8% is of the final damage after taking the bonus from VIT into calculation or 0.8% of the 1395. An official answer from a GM would be nice. b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
Post edited by Divine_Death - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes, yes it would be indeed. So would spending a night with Katy Perry.
    Both have about the same odds of ever happening.
    b:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'd assume that the 0.8% is calculated last as it would make adding str utterly pointless if it were calculated first.

With that in mind, your genie would need enough energy to deal 2500 damage (around 56 vit) before adding str would be equal to vit. By 2600 damage (61 vit), adding str becomes slightly better, and by 2700 (66 vit) adding str starts to shine even more.

If the str boost doesn't count the energy used, though, then adding str is completely a waste as point for point, you'd get more from adding more vit.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Well no, because at 40 or 50 points, you'll need 2 points to raise the VIT by 1, so even if it's only 0.8% of the 1395, using 2 points to raise STR by 2 would be better than using 2 points to raise the VIT by one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    True enough.

At least when you aren't spending an equal amount of your genie's stat points to upgrade str and vit.

However, if both only cost 1 stat point at the time, vit yields a superior bonus... and once it starts to cost those 2 points to upgrade vit, you'd be at the point where str would be better even if vit only used 1 point.
    edited November 2009
    Is there anyway to find the official answer? Is there a GM I can email or... things...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My 109 STR genie one-shot a lvl94 archer the other day. 5.5k damage in the air. lol

Str genie FTW.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My 109 STR genie one-shot a lvl94 archer the other day. 5.5k damage in the air. lol

Str genie FTW.

I..I'm scared now. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • Aggramar - Lost City
    Aggramar - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Str genie FTW.

Mine's 50/50 on Strenght and Vitality, best hits so far have been 19K and 10K on two Werefoxes (Venomancers) both Lvl. 90+ and the rest seem to go between 4.7K and 6.6K.
    edited November 2009
    Mine's 50/50 on Strenght and Vitality, best hits so far have been 19K and 10K on two Werefoxes (Venomancers) both Lvl. 90+ and the rest seem to go between 4.7K and 6.6K.

Those are nice numbers. Hmmm.... Stats on your genie? 4.7-6.6k averages? I may have to roll a 50/50 genie to try. How many LP?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Assuming the formula used to calculate the damage is simple, with the STR being done last, it should end up being something like...

(1395+(20*(100+VIT)))*1.008^STR

If I didn't make any stupid mistakes... the best genie would be a STR genie with everything dumped into STR. Even if you have max lucky points. Something tells me I did something wrong though, because the results are.. odd.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Aggramar - Lost City
    Aggramar - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Those are nice numbers. Hmmm.... Stats on your genie? 4.7-6.6k averages? I may have to roll a 50/50 genie to try. How many LP?

59/80 Lucky Points with 65 Strenght and 54 Vitality. Besides that, nothing else that could affect the damage overall. Well, Lvl. 10 Heaven's Flame.
    edited November 2009
    59/80 Lucky Points with 65 Strenght and 54 Vitality. Besides that, nothing else that could affect the damage overall. Well, Lvl. 10 Heaven's Flame.

Ok, your averages sounded fine but was wondering the 10k+ crits. Dragons and other amps would explain that lol.
    edited November 2009
    Ok, your averages sounded fine but was wondering the 10k+ crits. Dragons and other amps would explain that lol.

No, it's easy with dragons and no other amps. I found out that if you are using a weapon with zerk, your genie can zerk too, which means that it can also zerk-crit. This explain the 16k and 13k damage my genie has dealt on 9X players while normally doing 3-4k.

But my question is still unanswered. I recently made a new genie with 63/80 LP and I'm still not sure to put the points in STR or VIT. Those nice damages mentioned above were from an old STR based Thunderstrom genie, before the change, with 40-50 vit and like 68 STR. I still haven't distributed the points on my new genie and would like to find out which one helps the damage more before I do. Think emailing Kantorek will help? O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]