Are Archers worth playing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What everyone has said thus far. PvE is not a problem, can't really talk about PK since I don't bother, but people are usually too busy targeting barbs and clerics in TW to bother with archers. Take advantage. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Archer r a very complete class, that is needed in all instance. Lots of and constant DD, Sharp tooth for boss !, we often save veno life, in tw we r a very good class.
    We look cool, and wearing a bow is something u cant explain!

Ofc we have a lack of hp and defence.But we r not tank. We r not build for mele fight, that the reason why pvp is often quit, and stun and shot, and run again.... If we were good at mele there would be only archer on all server !!!!

More i play my archer, the more i love it.

Ask level 100 archer if we r worth playing at end game, and u will see their answer.. They all say we r a good end game class !

Nefarious who get all map in sanctuary have 10 level 100+ archer , and many 95 +, when they recruiting people( and its not often) they ask for archer 92+ (and wiz) and no other class, because they know the ^power and the need of archer in TW.

We r not assassin, we r not a solo class ( pLAy veno if u want solo TT !), we shine when assist a tank, or be heal by a cleric. We do our job, and do it very well; be Proud of ur archer?

ENJOY THE GAME

Lol, DAMN RIGHT, weilding a bow just has something to it that alone makes archer "worth it"
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes archers are a very fun class to play, inevitably the best DD class in the game. Although gear plays a large role in an archer's life, in no-way is insanely +6 or +7 necessary to be successful or to even still play your class effectively. As for grinding with an archer, the levels will fly just because of our minimal mp usage and low repair bills. Sure our defenses may be a little lacking, but why worry about that when mobs die 20 feet away from you. Also the constant crits is somewhat of an eye candy :).

I beg to differ when you say Archer's are the best Damage Dealing class. I got 1 word for you... Blademaster.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Archer r a very complete class, that is needed in all instance. Lots of and constant DD, Sharp tooth for boss !, we often save veno life, in tw we r a very good class.
    We look cool, and wearing a bow is something u cant explain!

Ofc we have a lack of hp and defence.But we r not tank. We r not build for mele fight, that the reason why pvp is often quit, and stun and shot, and run again.... If we were good at mele there would be only archer on all server !!!!

More i play my archer, the more i love it.

Ask level 100 archer if we r worth playing at end game, and u will see their answer.. They all say we r a good end game class !

Nefarious who get all map in sanctuary have 10 level 100+ archer , and many 95 +, when they recruiting people( and its not often) they ask for archer 92+ (and wiz) and no other class, because they know the ^power and the need of archer in TW.

We r not assassin, we r not a solo class ( pLAy veno if u want solo TT !), we shine when assist a tank, or be heal by a cleric. We do our job, and do it very well; be Proud of ur archer?

ENJOY THE GAME

I'd like to see ur archer.
  • Tomus - Sanctuary
    Tomus - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ARCHER ARENT WORTH PLAYING, REROLL FAST, MAKE A GOLDEN HERB ... u will have more fun...
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've loved being an archer. But i wouldn't be anywhere without my cleric friend. Having 240 dex, i tend to steal agro...a lot..
    But i've found archer pretty exciting.
    It really helps to have some friends though, mobs can be challenging. at least for me. 3 vit doesn't help.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes archers are a very fun class to play, inevitably the best DD class in the game. Although gear plays a large role in an archer's life, in no-way is insanely +6 or +7 necessary to be successful or to even still play your class effectively. As for grinding with an archer, the levels will fly just because of our minimal mp usage and low repair bills. Sure our defenses may be a little lacking, but why worry about that when mobs die 20 feet away from you. Also the constant crits is somewhat of an eye candy :).

You missed the versitility we compared to other classes. Archers usually are the last to die in a squad wipe(if they die at all).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I beg to differ when you say Archer's are the best Damage Dealing class. I got 1 word for you... Blademaster.

BM's (including event geared +10) are pretty easy in pvp imo. Even easier in TW's since they're on one marrow or another..
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomus - Sanctuary
    Tomus - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Go Transcend, GO...b:victory

Do u use pot (cant be stun for 20 sec ) in duel against BM, or can u kill them without?

I often dueling against them and with their stun they often own me.

If u have a good combo b:surrender

TY for being a good archer, u show us the way to go.

Everybody talk about wiz power. Im 92 and with wings of grace and 2 spark i often kill them.

Are they stronger later in the game?

Tomus, the joker ... b:laugh
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, Archer is a very gratifying class to play.

This b:cute
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Alot of fun to play. But against TB they're useless. XD
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:heart my archer its my most favorite class XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Go Transcend, GO...b:victory

Do u use pot (cant be stun for 20 sec ) in duel against BM, or can u kill them without?

I often dueling against them and with their stun they often own me.

If u have a good combo b:surrender

TY for being a good archer, u show us the way to go.

Everybody talk about wiz power. Im 92 and with wings of grace and 2 spark i often kill them.

Are they stronger later in the game?

Tomus, the joker ... b:laugh

I never use anti-stuns against BM's :) I started doing a LOT of pvp when I had +4 HH90 armors and a +6 HH90 xbow, which most people would consider non-factor (these days at least). Learning how to play with ~5.4k hp against other 9x's is a good way to quickly learn what you can and can't do b:shocked

Since most BM's fight me in the air in open world pvp, I can time my drops so that their stuns catch me the moment I drop, which automatically reduces damage I receive by 50%. This takes a LOT of practice because if you drop too soon, you won't get caught in it and your chances of countering with a stunlock combo of your own won't go so well.

If I get caught in a stun and a BM whips out claws, I simply use Tree of Protection or Absolute Domain to tank it while still in drop mode, which requires very critical timing (you want ToP to have the first hp tick the moment the BM hits you).

But.. keep in mind that I focused on refining my weapon more than my gears. I had a HH90 +6 xbow I swapped with a +6 striker:glare when I fought arcanes, to a heaven shatterer +8, and finally a heaven shatterer +10 which is what I use now, but my tactics remained the same. I just kill a bit faster now.

If you can stun lock the BM's, chances are you can kill them. Single or double spark if you need that extra boost of power when using metal skills, or quickshot if they have a marrow up.

As always, I suggest recording via fraps if you can to watch replays. That's the easiest and quickest way to learn what works and what doesn't work, and you can tweak your gameplay to find the pattern that works for you.

As long as you have quickshot and maybe a +6, mages go down pretty fast at end-game, but a decent one will probably take a while. You'd need to use winged shell/absolute domain to withstand their 4-5k hits, and maybe maybe winged grace (which doesn't counter their seal unfortunately) to lessen damage taken.

For assassins, it seems like the first move would be absolute domain to break their stun chain, then use wingspan to hit them (for a nice crit hopefully) and get a shield up for yourself. Drop right after, use stunning blast as you fall to paralyze them, or go back into fly mode and stunlock them. Proceed to metal or quickshot them to death.

But that's just from two fights against an 8x stealth sparking assassin, so that has yet to be tested against 9x/10x. This is of course speaking from a demon perspective :)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EnumaElis - Heavens Tear
    EnumaElis - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think archers are ze best! all those debuff arrows, low expenses, cool buffs :D
    and to top all that, THE MOST EXCELLENT MONEY MAKERb:laugh!!
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think archers are ze best! all those debuff arrows, low expenses, cool buffs :D
    and to top all that, THE MOST EXCELLENT MONEY MAKERb:laugh!!

Lame buffs.

And we're the best money makers, since when? o,O
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ... If you even need to ask about whether they are worth it, most likely they won't be.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the secret to end game archer is using fists. and no that wasnt sarcasim, research it. btw fist heaven archer have have a permanent heaven spark with the godly dragon ball z punching speed :O
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why would you use a dbz punching speed when you can use those ki blasts?
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why would you use a dbz punching speed when you can use those ki blasts?

because apparently in this game, punching at epic speed works alot better than ki blasts lol.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Shiriaru - Heavens Tear
    Shiriaru - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You missed the versitility we compared to other classes. Archers usually are the last to die in a squad wipe(if they die at all).
    You know I just noticed this. Sometimes I get a **** tank/cleric and everyone dies but me. Maybe cuz I throw on speed buff and gtfo. Or because im careful not to take aggro. EVER.
  • didi
    didi Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Was wondering. Pvp wise, mage makes a name for themselve. is that 1v1, or is that both 1v1 or 1 squade vs 1 squade
  • GARCeleritas - Lost City
    GARCeleritas - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What! Are Archers worth playing?!? - ha, tell me is oxygen worth breathing? Are cookies worth eating? Is a pretty girl worth glomping?
    Don't ever forget the moment you began to doubt;
    Transitioning from fitting in to standing out.
  • Talandur - Lost City
    Talandur - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I normally am the Tank kinda guy when it comes to MMos, but i really like playing the Archer Class in PWI.

I like it when you kill Mobs even before they get near you to hit you just to miss in most cases b:laugh

Of course you have to wait a bit, when fighting bosses before you can go all out, but after that particular Time Window you just love to see thos high 4-digits and 5-digits up your screen.