LA Veno Jewelry?

eirireireuier
eirireireuier Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
i made a LA veno and i love her but my question is the necklace and belt, should i wear one phys def one magic def, both phys, or both magic?
Post edited by eirireireuier on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i would do theone pdef/one mdef, LA gets only average of both in my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    agree - take one of each kind. It will keep both defences bit more balanced.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Imo it's reasonable to have at least a full set of pdef ornaments to fully enjoy the advantages of Foxform (if you use it now and then), and carry one or two mdef ornament so you can switch depending on the situation... it costs a little more coin but provides much more versatility.
  • Myana - Sanctuary
    Myana - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree with what Bagoly says. I am a light veno and have a set of both, and switch between them. Since ur light u might want to consider -% channelling on the mdef ones, cause it will help u heal better. I do wear the pdef ones the most since i grind on phys mobs . b:victory
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i use a p def neck and the mix pdef/mdef belt
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I say Pdef neck and belt, then refine your rings for Mdef. I also have -Chan set(which are mdef. but honestly dont use them for the def.) at 80+ go with OHT Pdef belt(since it also gives mdef)
  • Arverna - Sanctuary
    Arverna - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    For a purely PVE build, would you really use pDef though?

Except for the rare boss AOE that is physical, it seems to me that 90% of damages i receive are magic so until now I am going mDef all the way on jewels and try to increase pDef with better armur..

Would that be wrong?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i made a LA veno and i love her but my question is the necklace and belt, should i wear one phys def one magic def, both phys, or both magic?
    Keep in mind that even though your spec'ed for light armor, you can still wear arcane armor. If you find you need more mdef, swap out a piece of light armor for some cheap arcane armor for that encounter. You'll probably find that you can get a heckuva lot more mdef from a single piece of armor than you can from jewelry.

You can get your mdef pretty high if you wear all arcane armor. So your weak point is going to be how high you can get your pdef. So I would concentrate on getting pdef ornaments first.
    For a purely PVE build, would you really use pDef though?

Except for the rare boss AOE that is physical, it seems to me that 90% of damages i receive are magic so until now I am going mDef all the way on jewels and try to increase pDef with better armur..

Would that be wrong?
    If you follow that reasoning, there's no point playing a light armor build. You should be playing arcane. b:chuckle

The way I see it, the point to the heavy and light armor builds is to give you more flexibility in how you can arrange your resists. If you're arcane and run into that physical AOE boss, you're stuck. There's nothing you can do except cower in the distance like a scared child. The Light and Heavy builds give up a little off the extreme high end of mdef and magic attack, to gain access to a moderate or large amount of pdef as needed.