server info pls

riddiculus
riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
hey harshlandians

im a veteran player from sanctuary whos planning to replay back and try out the new expansion once its released... I doubt there will be new server so im planning to try out a different one than sanctuary... as u know sanc is a pve server so im routing to try a pvp server for once...

so i wanna ask all of yall opinion as players of this server... can you give me an unbiased opinion on what you think of the server?? pros n cons about anything from pk...tw... golddiggers...player interaction.. forum...drama...etc

ne info that could help me decide on whether this server is best suited for me or not will b appreciated...

thank you..b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
Post edited by riddiculus on

Comments

• LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It all depends on what you r looking for. If you r looking for TW Harshlands is still having competetive TWs (not one sided TWs like LC).

If you want to PK all day long, Harshlands can offer you that too but be in mind however that you will find more ppl to pk agaisnt in LC. But lately Ive seen alot of pk activity going on so you just need to start something to call the pkers.

If you want Drama, Harshlands has extra drama but not as much as LC ofc, cause LC has more ppl to create drama and even the name of the server can create drama b:chuckle.

Be in mind however that you might end up making more enemies than friends when we talk about the player interaction within harshlands.

What Harshlands needs atm is more ppl that can go to endgame (99+) so there can be even more competition so call your friends and come enjoy Harshlands drama b:victory (you can bring you family too if you want to take the drama to then next level b:pleased )
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lies im the nicest archer on harshlands b:cute
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    lies im the nicest archer on harshlands b:cute

ook..b:lipcurl
    (\__/)
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow! Unbiased... Here goes me with... An attempt of describing Harshlands though don't take my word for unbiased, you'll see "me" in there a ton:

Harshlands is obviously at this point a PvP server! :D Currently, the TW is one of the main topics you'll hear about because for a while two major guilds were taking over the map then other incidents happened... (However the map is becoming colorful again, ish >.<)

Once you log in, as long as you ride the "right" crowd you'll fit right in! :) Just don't be like me and charge your way through there... Just avoid using WC for arguments, and don't act all... Well, I'm sure you know what I mean b:chuckle

Well, Harshlands has the same map but just get used to the fact that unlike PvE servers with PK settings, we don't have one... So at level 30, prepare to be PKed over and over... Don't make a big deal about it, thank the PKers, and live life! It happens to everyone, I swear. Most of the PK from 30+ ends around level 50+ (unless your the PKer...) or at least in my experience.

Also, the economy is very shifty in Harshlands right now... I'm quite sure you guys in other servers feel it too (Holy cow, I heard in Heavens Tear, the price for bad panda is 100mil???) but I think if I'm not mistaken, the currency rate with gold price is slightly better... Though don't take my word for it...

Its really easy to adjust to Harshlands once you figure out who the main players of the game are, who the "avoid" people are, etc. Try to learn those fast because you don't later on want to squad two very... Errr, opposing opponents in the same squad, *cough* like me *cough*

But yeah... Any questions and I'm sure you'll be answered! (Oh and btw, did I mention we love to debate and argue? xD) b:victory

O.o and holy cow did I write a ton... b:cute Hope you join us Harshlanders!
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ook..b:lipcurl

you kno its true b:pleased
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    thanks to the reply from pangu n hope

pangu
    based on the comment.. i am guessing there are not too many players in hl compared to other servers?

hope
    i noe wat u mean b:chuckle

thx fer the replies both of u...
    I will still take comments from other ppl to compare so feel free to post!
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well with the upcoming expansion im guessing alot of ppl are going to reroll, so there will be alot of 1-70 players. Hopefully with the new classes ppl will feel the need to test them out in PK and lots of PvP action will ensue. As for drama, well theres tons and bound to be alot more. Overall id say it will be a pretty interesting server come expansion time.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    riddiculus wrote: »
    thanks to the reply from pangu n hope

pangu
    based on the comment.. i am guessing there are not too many players in hl compared to other servers?

hope
    i noe wat u mean b:chuckle

thx fer the replies both of u...
    I will still take comments from other ppl to compare so feel free to post!

I believe there are more ppl in harshlands than in dreamweaver. But I dont know much about Sanctuary but from what ive seen there are alot more ppl in Lost City and Heavens Tear (completely understandable since Harshlands its a new server and being pvp its not the first choice for many players).
    (\__/)
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    ok so i created an alt to test out the server... from what i see... not many ppl are at their 80s-90s (100s..end games) compared to ht/lc or even sanc... can anyone confirm this?
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok so i created an alt to test out the server... from what i see... not many ppl are at their 80s-90s (100s..end games) compared to ht/lc or even sanc... can anyone confirm this?

Yeah obviously there isnt as many ppl at endgame compared to LC and HT... Those two servers have been out longer. There is a good amount at 80+ tho (Altho most of the originals quit). Good server to start a new char on IMO.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    ok so i saw the tw condition yday and looks like hl is going in the direction of sanctuary and LC... i saw kylin under heavy pressure by opposition and was not able to defend Kingdom, which is the other big faction here... will probably lead to the domination of the red faction again if this continues... can anyone confirm this?

pls.. i want constructive feedback, i have nothing against ne faction as i just want to get more info on this server b4 deciding where to play for the upcoming expansion... ty
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    ok so i saw the tw condition yday and looks like hl is going in the direction of sanctuary and LC... i saw kylin under heavy pressure by opposition and was not able to defend Kingdom, which is the other big faction here... will probably lead to the domination of the red faction again if this continues... can anyone confirm this?

pls.. i want constructive feedback, i have nothing against ne faction as i just want to get more info on this server b4 deciding where to play for the upcoming expansion... ty

The server is new and alot of new players come everyday, some play till level 20 then reroll with another class, some go to 40 and do the same and very few pass 80 and go for the class they believe is the best for them (me -.-).

The server is not going on the same direction as LC cause there is not a dominant faction and, KD and KY are similarly strong in levels but their main differences are in the DDs , Clerics and catapullers. One of them might have much better DDs which makes them stronger when attacking but the other one might have more and better high level clerics. One might have more high level mages which would make them better at defence and one might have better barbs. One might have more high level nixes etc ... .

All of what i mentioned above might decide a TW but everything depends if the leader can use their resources properly. Kylin has more attacking power than KD but KD has its ways to counter it too.

Since this is a PvP server its very hard to c a scenario like Sanctuary. (I hope that helps and please any1 feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong)
    (\__/)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Since this is a PvP server its very hard to c a scenario like Sanctuary.

Coughmyservercough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Omnomnomn - Harshlands
    Omnomnomn - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Nope it will be the yellow faction, most of the GG high levels have now joined Kylin =)
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    we r extra spicy
  • Gawker - Harshlands
    Gawker - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    if you join, at least you'll never be bored with world chat
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    yes well the wc in pvp server is definitly more intense.. n more ksing n pk and high lvls killin for fun makin ppl angry n cussin around...
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    if you join, at least you'll never be bored with world chat

Agreed b:victoryb:laugh

:3 But yeah, I still think Harshlands is the best lol.... I tried out another server with an alt for 10 minutes, deleted the character right away xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    alrite.. so based on my observation... out of the high levels.. i c a lot of barbs bms and archers... maybe is because they pk a lot.. but can someone confirm this? (high lvl as in 80+)

If im wrong...can u rank the the most played classes by ppl in the server? thank you....
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    alrite.. so based on my observation... out of the high levels.. i c a lot of barbs bms and archers... maybe is because they pk a lot.. but can someone confirm this? (high lvl as in 80+)

If im wrong...can u rank the the most played classes by ppl in the server? thank you....

I have 2 high level chars including a 8x barb on Harshlands, but I noticed that there are alot of BMs, Venomancers, Archers and a couple of Barbarians. There is never enough clerics at some point and never enough Barbs cause every1 needs one for GVs, FCs, TTs, TWs, etc . But all I can say is for you to go with the class you enjoy most or have more affinity with. b:thanks
    (\__/)
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    I have 2 high level chars including a 8x barb on Harshlands, but I noticed that there are alot of BMs, Venomancers, Archers and a couple of Barbarians. There is never enough clerics at some point and never enough Barbs cause every1 needs one for GVs, FCs, TTs, TWs, etc . But all I can say is for you to go with the class you enjoy most or have more affinity with. b:thanks

.... You just haven't found the clerics, there are bunches of us if you can find us :3 My friends list is full and over half are clerics b:victoryb:chuckle

However Barbs are kind of rare these days................ Same with Archers for some reason o.o
    b:cute
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    Alrite.. thx for all the constructive feedback.. overall i think its a pretty good server to start fresh as... cant wait for the expansion to get startedb:victory

Tho i think wat its lacking is more decently strong faction to challenge the 2 contenders... in sanctuary i noe there is a few decently strong enuff at least to pose some threat... i dun seem to c this in hl... in ht is even better...they hav nice competition for territory... but maybe its just my lack of knowledge about the server...

another thing is... wheres the tw report? other server have it...updated everyweek...someone nice enuff pls post this?b:thanks

or maybe i shuld make one? xD
  • BelleFemme - Harshlands
    BelleFemme - Harshlands Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am procrastinating writing my English essay and maybe writing out a well thought out synopsis on our server will help cure the writers block I seem to be having.

TW Status: There is no territory war unless you're in Kylin or Kingdom. Kingdom was the very first faction to receive a level 3 territory in week 3, I believe? The only Kingdom I know are the old school Kingdom that have been in there since they were level 1 (I joined Kingdom at level 1 as well.) Since the disbandment of guilds such as QQme, Over9000, GoodGame, etc... A lot of RPKers have made their way to Kingdom and due to their high levels and need for defense against Kylin, no consequences will ever occur. Kylin has been a faction that was almost eliminated from the map but made a sudden comeback to now owning half the map. Kylin seems to be dominating this fight through TW, but most of the **** talking comes from Kingdom boasting in guild chat. I personally don't like either factions anymore, I prefer Innuendo. b:cute

PvP Status: Some RPK guilds I can name at the top of my head; Ethics, Bugaboo, PewPew and Innuendo (b:cute) . But actually, I can't really think of any more. The majority of complaints I get from guild chat is that they got RPK'd by Kingdom. You basically get ganked just about anywhere. If you're red named, it doesn't matter if you're in cube, doing a boss, AFK flying, you're a target. (This was a very hard concept a guy from my faction has to transition to when he came from Dreamweaver server.)

Economy: For some odd reason, someone felt it was necessary to buy all the gold in the Auction House on the night of the Anniversary Pack event and then start selling for 500k a piece. I don't really look at AH gold prices so I can't give you a current price. But ever since the patch, the Harshlands economy has turned to ****. The two times the packs were taken out of the boutique, there was hope for Harshlands that gold would go down to 200k. But as everyone knows, Anniversary Packs are probably going to be permanent. Twighlight Temple mats are all very high priced right now. Gold charms are based around 1.3M and Platinum charms are hitting around 2.7M-3.2M. Land mounts are relatively cheap. Guardian Scrolls are 165k a pop. Ultimate Substances are 80k. Mid mats around 3k-4.5k and High mats around 4k-6k. The only way to beat the Harshlands Economy, it to buy gold and sell it in the auction house, or run Twighlight Temple all day and sell the materials to hold yourself for a week.

Most needed class:
    Barbarians. It is very hard to find tank for Frostcover Grounds, Rebirth, Twighlight Temple or anything else.

Leveling status: One word- Wh0raclez.

World chat: Drama, drama, drama.

I am very grateful for the new expansion because I know a lot of high levels will be trying out their new characters while I move myself up on the leveling ranks, after I complete my TT90 set, which is why I'm leveling so slow at the moment.

I should probably go get my essay written. I'm also ready for any flames. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    PvP Status: Some RPK guilds I can name at the top of my head; Ethics, Bugaboo, PewPew and Innuendo (b:cute) . But actually, I can't really think of any more. The majority of complaints I get from guild chat is that they got RPK'd by Kingdom. You basically get ganked just about anywhere. If you're red named, it doesn't matter if you're in cube, doing a boss, AFK flying, you're a target. (This was a very hard concept a guy from my faction has to transition to when he came from Dreamweaver server.)

World chat: Drama, drama, drama.

I should probably go get my essay written. I'm also ready for any flames. b:surrender

Wow, I thought KD didn't RPK??? I hope someone can confirm that if possible b:surrender

I completely agree with you there on WC these days...... T___T Wow I can hardly stand to look at WC right now and thats one of my favorite things in PWI.... b:sad Though the flames part.... o.o Good luck....
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hey harshlandians

im a veteran player from sanctuary

No Info for youb:sin

Pvp=noone and I likie a lot
    WC=pretty damn funny
    Guilds=non rpk guilds rpking=**** lying guilds rpk
    server=we got crazy ppl on here
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This server is nice but the pk at higher lvls isnt getting common mainly cuz alot of ppl spend their time in BH, TT, FC or GV & jus a very few number of ppl that are caught oracling or doing WQ get involved in pk lol The main reason why in the past the pk occured so often between the highest lvls on the server was cuz there was no BH back then and ppl actually had to grind... jus so u know what I mean, the biggest pvp wars between the big guilds happened when ppl where grinding in butterflies or at fishes :p
    So imo is not that the players dont want to pk, its jus that the players are too busy doing things in safe areas where there cant b no pk :( This is happenning in all other servers too but dont get me wrong, there is still alot of pk going on in HL but it jus isnt often between the big guilds of the server (KY vs KD).
    Now about other things related to the server, I can say that HL is a really good server with a good amount of egocentric ppl but still the most suitable server for a fresh start, we hav a bad economy but same goes for other servers( anni packs is the main economy virus), we hav a map which still can be fought by other guilds that are not full of 9x (GG proved that), we dont hav people that are rushing in levels too which is good for whos starting to play on the server now & we are one of the only 2 pvp servers in PWIb:victory
    (\__/)
  • Narukanikahn - Harshlands
    Narukanikahn - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow, I thought KD didn't RPK??? I hope someone can confirm that if possible b:surrender

I completely agree with you there on WC these days...... T___T Wow I can hardly stand to look at WC right now and thats one of my favorite things in PWI.... b:sad Though the flames part.... o.o Good luck....

It is true Kingdom is a non-rpk guild. Although there are many cases where you are allowed to pk. Killing a Member of a KoS faction is not considered to be an rpk.

Kingdom current KoS/FtK factions ---> Ethics, Jaguars, Karma, Kylin, EMPERNO, bleh theres more but at school i cant check the website because its blocked -.-;

Kingdom allowes self defence as well. The self defence policy also includes a killing those who help (with significant evidence provided). Say a cleric from a non KoS faction helps one of your KoS try to kill you, killing that cleric would be an act of self defence and not rpk. But in order for KD members to be allowed to do this we must provide a SS of that person healing that KoS.

Hope this clears things up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narukanikahn - Harshlands
    Narukanikahn - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No Info for youb:sin

Pvp=noone and I likie a lot
    WC=pretty damn funny
    Guilds=non rpk guilds rpking=**** lying guilds rpk
    server=we got crazy ppl on here

Please make sure your facts are accurate before you accuse non-rpk guilds of rpk. sure some of KD's members rpk but youl just have to get over it. all lowbies consider rpk to be a hate crime, it's just us being bored.

You can read KD's rules on rpk at any time, just go to the website.
    >.> not sure if im allowed to tell lmao <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    This server is nice but the pk at higher lvls isnt getting common mainly cuz alot of ppl spend their time in BH, TT, FC or GV & jus a very few number of ppl that are caught oracling or doing WQ get involved in pk lol The main reason why in the past the pk occured so often between the highest lvls on the server was cuz there was no BH back then and ppl actually had to grind... jus so u know what I mean, the biggest pvp wars between the big guilds happened when ppl where grinding in butterflies or at fishes :p
    So imo is not that the players dont want to pk, its jus that the players are too busy doing things in safe areas where there cant b no pk :( This is happenning in all other servers too but dont get me wrong, there is still alot of pk going on in HL but it jus isnt often between the big guilds of the server (KY vs KD).
    Now about other things related to the server, I can say that HL is a really good server with a good amount of egocentric ppl but still the most suitable server for a fresh start, we hav a bad economy but same goes for other servers( anni packs is the main economy virus), we hav a map which still can be fought by other guilds that are not full of 9x (GG proved that), we dont hav people that are rushing in levels too which is good for whos starting to play on the server now & we are one of the only 2 pvp servers in PWIb:victory

this is whats dissapointing... theres only 2 pvp server and lc is a ded server in my opinion... look at the map n u noe wat i mean...b:surrender
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    this is whats dissapointing... theres only 2 pvp server and lc is a ded server in my opinion... look at the map n u noe wat i mean...b:surrender

Hmm ye I also hav a char there (actually I moved from there to HL in march) but I have to say that when there is not enough ppl with good leadership skills leading guilds, the map will always b taken by the better guild... Jus like in life, the stronger survive nd multiply b:chuckle
    (\__/)