Wich Lunar weapon for Wiz?

_Kawaii_ - Harshlands
_Kawaii_ - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
I recently acquired the Lunar Insignia - Weapon for my level 95 weapon.

I was just wondering if the Neon Purgetory is the best choice for a wizard before I make the trade at the PW boutique agent.

Thx all!!
Post edited by _Kawaii_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The fact that you are even wondering that makes me thing how much you payed for you wizard...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    _Kawaii_ is level 61, I don't see the problem with the fact that she wonders which Lunar Weapon is the best.

There is a problem however with the fact that she does have a Lunar weapon at level 61, but then you should blame PWE (and the anniversary packs), not the player.

To answer your question, go with Neon Purgatory.

- Amy
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    neon purgatory b:spit i went with tt99 scaredevil b:cute
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    _Kawaii_ is level 61, I don't see the problem with the fact that she wonders which Lunar Weapon is the best.

There is a problem however with the fact that she does have a Lunar weapon at level 61, but then you should blame PWE (and the anniversary packs), not the player.

To answer your question, go with Neon Purgatory.

- Amy

Well im thinking this veno is just an alt of her wizard... Else the lunar weapon would be pretty useless indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    Hizaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I personally chose the neon purgatory for three reasons.
    1) crit, I <3 crit
    2) channeling, I also love channeling and...
    3) the damage range is so... little, you're going to hit consistently, I mean when I see a +5 neon purg I belive it was only a 75 point difference between max and min attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Neon Purgatory is better if your planning to stack channeling or at least a couple pieces so it matters. Buddah leaf is pretty lame for a wizard since your job is to try to 1-3 shot players and kill catapults in the fastest possible time.

Just so people know TT99 scaredevil is better for damage until +10 then Neon Purgatory surpasses scaredevil enough to warrent its cost vs TT99 scaredevil. If people dont believe me they can test it out themselves on any pw calculators or if you see a person with a weapon thats +10 look at its stats and compare. The extra + magic attack of scaredevil helps it out a good amount to keep up or surpass lunar in terms of damage +9 and below.

Eitherway it all depends on what you want. GL

edit- No matter what Neon is better then Buddah Leaf just wanted to clarify that for a wiz.
  • _Kawaii_ - Harshlands
    _Kawaii_ - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thx so much everyone. And my Wizard is 61.

I just bought 5 anniversary packs and got the item inside 1.
    (Just lucky I suppose)

So I'll go with the Neon Purgatory.

Thx again Wizards!

Now to just level enough to use it.....
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    long ways to go yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Neon Purgatory is better if your planning to stack channeling or at least a couple pieces so it matters. Buddah leaf is pretty lame for a wizard since your job is to try to 1-3 shot players and kill catapults in the fastest possible time.

Just so people know TT99 scaredevil is better for damage until +10 then Neon Purgatory surpasses scaredevil enough to warrent its cost vs TT99 scaredevil. If people dont believe me they can test it out themselves on any pw calculators or if you see a person with a weapon thats +10 look at its stats and compare. The extra + magic attack of scaredevil helps it out a good amount to keep up or surpass lunar in terms of damage +9 and below.

Eitherway it all depends on what you want. GL

edit- No matter what Neon is better then Buddah Leaf just wanted to clarify that for a wiz.

Actually, +7 or +8 would be enough, since + magic attack doesn't count as weapon damage. Any refine to neon purgatory would add better weapon damage since refines directly modify weapon damage. Skills like Ice dragon strike which add 500% weapon damage would make a big difference...

Also trying to build a scaredevil from scratch is pretty painful as well...overall neon is a bit better imo but scaredevil compares nicely if you don't take into account that you have to be 99 vs 95 to use scaredevil.
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Also trying to build a scaredevil from scratch is pretty painful as well...overall neon is a bit better imo but scaredevil compares nicely if you don't take into account that you have to be 99 vs 95 to use scaredevil.

and seeing as she got neon for free basically she can use it as a stepping stone or a bridge on her way towards scaredevil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Actually, +7 or +8 would be enough, since + magic attack doesn't count as weapon damage. Any refine to neon purgatory would add better weapon damage since refines directly modify weapon damage. Skills like Ice dragon strike which add 500% weapon damage would make a big difference...

Same way i feel, but scaredevil is a cheaper alternative thats all i wanted to state if you arent stacking channeling. If you would like to elaborate how much of pvp "big" difference there is in damage i'd like to hear your calculations since all info that is valid is good info.

Edit - When i said same way i feel i meant that i still think Neon is a better weapon but i plan to +10-11 mine and stack a bit of channeling (neon, two lunar rings, TT90 gold wrists = 24% channeling)

Edit2 - Hmmm i find myself doubting that + magic attack on a weapon doesnt count as weapon damage or why would so many wizzies tout the TT90 WODF as the best TT90 green weapon if it didnt effect their ulti's in a awesome way.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm going with neon purgatory also. Scaredevil +8 and purgatory +8 are very similar in attack. But if they are refined +10 and more, purgatory became much better than scaredevil. But +10 is long and expensive way.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol @ Scaredevil, it's not horrible but I don't really see why you'd get one over a Ravager. More crit and a huge amount of HP instead of 16-17 hp. And slightly more stable but similar average just looking at the 3rd bonus.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol @ Scaredevil, it's not horrible but I don't really see why you'd get one over a Ravager. More crit and a huge amount of HP instead of 16-17 hp. And slightly more stable but similar average just looking at the 3rd bonus.

Well the ravager binds on equip, scaredevil doesn't....so if your endgame is lvl 105...or even higher...maybe you'll want to recoup that investment someday :l
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009

Cause some people are so vain they don't want a giant gray boomerang on a handle? jk jk jk
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well the ravager binds on equip, scaredevil doesn't....so if your endgame is lvl 105...or even higher...maybe you'll want to recoup that investment someday :l

There will be a new equipment upgrade system in the Rising Tide expansion. Ravager will be upgradeable, Scaredevil won't, so the auto-binding is not a problem.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009

isnt scaredevil like a ton cheaper?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What do you think of the TT99 Glaive? I am looking for a weapon with -6 chan, so Scaredevil is not an option.. Thought about Lunar as well, but it's not excactly cheap, so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What do you think of the TT99 Glaive? I am looking for a weapon with -6 chan, so Scaredevil is not an option.. Thought about Lunar as well, but it's not excactly cheap, so...

If you want a TT99 weapon with chant, go with mirage. That would be my choice.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Why? The +MP add is completly useless, while the 16-17 vit from the Glaive is at least not bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Why? The +MP add is completly useless, while the 16-17 vit from the Glaive is at least not bad.

Idk, if you could actually get to 99 wouldn't you think you'd have some decently refined gears to where that 345-355hp is lesser important than the extra magic points which in turn lead to higher damage.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Idk, if you could actually get to 99 wouldn't you think you'd have some decently refined gears to where that 345-355hp is lesser important than the extra magic points which in turn lead to higher damage.

The difference is 500 magic attack on your character screen (sword having 500 more min magic attack, glaive having 500 more max magic attack). Its not 300+hp o.O its only 160-170. 1 vit = 10 hp. They were talking about TT99 gold glaive ☆Fate Denial: Godspeed and TT99 green magic sword mirage not Inferno.

Heres links to a calculator with just the weapon so whoever is curious can play with it. Even at +12 difference is still the same around 500 magic attack on your character screen.

Mirage
    Fate Denial: Godspeed

Its just my opinion but i wouldn't get any of those two weapons for my wizard. I'd rather wait for a lunar weapon even if it took me 6+ months or more since i would feel its a waste to + either of those two. I'd rather get a dang aquadash if it really came down to it.....since at least i can use it 14 lvls ahead of time and its almost the same damage eventually overtaking those two at +8 or more although downside is its -3% channeling.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I was talking of the +MP not the +Magic, since Fate Denial has the same +Magic add as well.. So it comes down to compare MP to Vit.

And yea, after looking at the refines, I find it rather worth it to save up money for a Lunar weapon, although it costs a lot..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    The difference is 500 magic attack on your character screen (sword having 500 more min magic attack, glaive having 500 more max magic attack). Its not 300+hp o.O its only 160-170. 1 vit = 10 hp. They were talking about TT99 gold glaive ☆Fate Denial: Godspeed and TT99 green magic sword mirage not Inferno.

Heres links to a calculator with just the weapon so whoever is curious can play with it. Even at +12 difference is still the same around 500 magic attack on your character screen.

Mirage
    Fate Denial: Godspeed

Its just my opinion but i wouldn't get any of those two weapons for my wizard. I'd rather wait for a lunar weapon even if it took me 6+ months or more since i would feel its a waste to + either of those two. I'd rather get a dang aquadash if it really came down to it.....since at least i can use it 14 lvls ahead of time and its almost the same damage eventually overtaking those two at +8 or more although downside is its -3% channeling.
    I was talking of the +MP not the +Magic, since Fate Denial has the same +Magic add as well.. So it comes down to compare MP to Vit.

And yea, after looking at the refines, I find it rather worth it to save up money for a Lunar weapon, although it costs a lot..

Yea I think I might have missread which weapon you were talking about.

But cholla brings up a good point ↓
    Perhaps because, if you get manifest virtue, that +MP add will add +3.6% weapon damage to your magic attack?

Edit: Also to add to the discussion about choosing between a magic sword and glaive, glaives' damage isn't as reliable as a magic sword. I think someone posted something to that effect in a thread somewhere and I just thought if it just now, maybe you missed it. So in the end i'd still choose mirage > gold hh99 glaive.