Pking in SP

Trenith - Heavens Tear
Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Is it bannable, yes or no?

Some have said yes, some have said no?

Some have said yes on PvP server some have said yes all around...

Whats the rules on this? Since yall dont ever wanna post the rules yall ban people for breaching....
Post edited by Trenith - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think its bannable, saw some post where some guy posted a screenie of a person pking in SP, and he said it was bannable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    We'll probably have to wait a while for a GM to log in and clarify, but my understanding is it's not banable unless you're 'griefing' another player.. Repeatedly killing him, preventing him from questing, etc. I could've misunderstood though.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why in the world would it be bannable in HT server??

Of course it's not. Thats not even a debate. You can MAYBE argue against it in the PK servers, but not PvE servers.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why should this be bannable? On sanc it's one of the regular pk spots.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Oh,sorry, I was talking about PK servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I reckon if you run in, PK everyone once, then run out. You're fine. But if you stay there and camp the area, then it's bannable. b:chuckle
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It shouldn't be bannable. It's a PvP server. You are on that sever, you are going to get PKed if you don't want to be, move to a PvE sever?
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    its not bannable, welcome to a pvp server noob lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Hipster - Harshlands
    Hipster - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i already got banned for pking there, killing someone KOSed by my faction, who was griefing lowbies. i killed him few times, i got reported, and banned for 1 day.

GG
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    i already got banned for pking there, killing someone KOSed by my faction, who was griefing lowbies. i killed him few times, i got reported, and banned for 1 day.

GG
    there may be more to your situation there; GMs have encouraged it in the past, as some sort of rite of passage. i dont see why youd get banned unless there was something more to the story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    there may be more to your situation there; GMs have encouraged it in the past, as some sort of rite of passage. i dont see why youd get banned unless there was something more to the story
    I believe its bannable because of the amount of quests that take place there. They say to report people who pk in SP. Unless they changed it again....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2009

welcome to pvp server noob. people been getting banned for pk ing in Secret Passage for months. ask Saveless about it. he got banned for standing next to someone who was pk ing. camping is apparently a violation of TOS.
    the good Starr
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    welcome to pvp server noob. people been getting banned for pk ing in Secret Passage for months. ask Saveless about it. he got banned for standing next to someone who was pk ing. camping is apparently a violation of TOS.
    and you can read old posts about it here where GMs have cheered it on, and lol'd at it. noob. lack of informing players policy has changed is rather whack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It is a bannable offense on LostCity and Harshlands server to PK in secret passage. If someone tickets you, takes a screeny, and claims you were griefing them, you will be banned.

I have friends that have screenshots of a GM coming into SP, and telling them they are not allowed to PK there.
    I can ask him to post it later if you all want.

SP has been pretty much deserted since this ruling on LC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009

SP has been pretty much deserted since this ruling on LC.

ya SP now sucks~!
    it's so boring~! b:cry
    me used to wuv all the high level help me got while in there....
    it's not my fault those darn lowbies has no social skills and just QQ rage all day long.....

why they have to ruin it for the magic hamster. b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As far as I was aware, on HT server, no way in hell is it bannable, because.. I don't even have to post a reason - it's a PvE server.

And on the PvP servers, my impression was that PKing was allowed in SP, but griefing people doing quests (low levels) was bannable.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As far as I was aware, on HT server, no way in hell is it bannable, because.. I don't even have to post a reason - it's a PvE server.

And on the PvP servers, my impression was that PKing was allowed in SP, but griefing people doing quests (low levels) was bannable.

hmm does that mean me can kill people 50+?
    when they done with their quests?
    =O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Pffft no clue lol

There's probably a thin line there...
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    plz use the search function
    I'll try to clarify a bit for everyone here.

The principal line of the ToS that I feel is the deciding factor regarding PK in SP is the following:

"n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

So basically, if you are PKing someone repeatedly, to the point where they are unable to play the game normally, that is probably a violation of the ToS.

In this case, if any player is intentionally blocking off a region necessary for quest or game progression by PKing everyone who is trying to get through, then this could be considered a violation of the ToS.

The main issue is "intent" though right? Think of it like this, if you are wandering around the world PKing everyone who you encounter, this is pretty much normal gameplay. If you decide, "Hey, I'm going to stay right here and kill every single person who comes by" you're setting yourself up for trouble if it is a place that people need to go.

Of course, if you are a high level in a low level area this is more of a problem, as you have intentionally chosen a place where the average player population is too low to even stand a chance against you.

Keep in mind that no case is identical, and in all situations the GM who is responding to the ticket has the final decision on whether you are in violation of game rules

tl;dr version: Don't camp a location if people need to go there. Don't camp players who are too low level to fight back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Liske - Lost City
    Liske - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok a guildie was helping someone on silver frost and killed everyone on her way to and at boss... she got banned. So that' s camping? How can you prove an intention anyway? This way ppl are guilty until proven innocent, should be the other way around. Make it a rule you can ' t pk more than 45 minutes in one spot or so (unless you get attacked first)... that's measurable and clear... And if there's spots you don't want pk at all make it safezone...
    It s just not right this way.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok a guildie was helping someone on silver frost and killed everyone on her way to and at boss... she got banned.

That does sound a bit extreme if it's really the whole story, but I still find myself wondering why it's such a hardship that your level 7x (at least?) friend is no longer allowed to go beat up on the level 30's in Secret Passage. Are the level 4x's near Swiftwind too hard for her?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
This discussion has been closed.