bomb glitched in cube

Options
demans
demans Posts: 51 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
ok since there no in game bug error sections in the cube, guess ill post this here, somethin wrong with the room 10 bomb room quest. quest is that once u get past room 17 OR higher, any of the NPCs will take it off for you(the bomb), yet none of the nPCs would for me, i tried the real or fake room, the dragongate rooom, the death judge room, the 100 sec stand room (up to room 30 now) and then bomb blew up bc none of them had the quest to remove it, wtf, wasted 4 dice tickets + ones i already spent on the run bc cube not workin like it should, and this isnt the first time iv had a bomb and i no any npc thats above room 17 will take it off...at least thats ghow its been for the last few months....well here a SS of me in room 30 while my bomb makes me go bye bye

[http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6066/perfectworldbombgltich.png
Post edited by demans on

Comments

• _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the npc in room 30 has never been able to remove the bomb, its only the ones in rooms 17-22
  • demans
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well quest says 17+, if thats the case it needs to e rewards sayin "hey moron u can only remove bomb up to room 22" -_-
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The npc sais 17+ but in your quest log is sais otherwise

"You're be wrong if you think you can pass easily. Now a time bomb has been attached to you, you visit all the appointed rooms to defuse it. If you can't make it to all the rooms and talk to the NPCs there within 10 minutes, Boom! You will be sent to the starting room and unable to acquire Dice. If that happens, you can resume at the teleport master in the starting room to go on. The teleport masters of Room 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 will defuse the bomb for you."
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    why would u wait to remove the bomb when u can remove it earlier? I'm sure u reached those rooms before goin to 22+ b:shutup
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Its possible to forget you have the bomb quest, in which case you're screwed.
    What is stupid is the the guy in room 1 cant defuse it, so if you die for some other reason, you just have to wait for the bomb to blow up.

... well maybe not if its the first bomb and you're lucky. Not6 sure what happens if you hit room 10 already with a bomb. I suspect you would be blocked tho.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They're assuming that once you get the bomb, it's the foremost thing on your mind because you want to get it off ASAP. There's no way to skip rooms 17-22 completely. You will hit one of those rooms as long as you don't die. If you don't get the bomb off and move on, then it's your own fault. I don't know how you'd miss the quest since you gotta take a quest anyways to keep going.

You'd think the fact that the teleporter NPC has a gold flag over his head instead of a gold shield would tip you off.
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They always removed it for me, my problem was that the beginning npc did NOT remove it... after i've died so I had to run like hell and got to 17+ in the last minute of the bomb.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • demans
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They're assuming that once you get the bomb, it's the foremost thing on your mind because you want to get it off ASAP. There's no way to skip rooms 17-22 completely. You will hit one of those rooms as long as you don't die. If you don't get the bomb off and move on, then it's your own fault. I don't know how you'd miss the quest since you gotta take a quest anyways to keep going.

You'd think the fact that the teleporter NPC has a gold flag over his head instead of a gold shield would tip you off.

there acaully is a reason for that but its a secret <.<>.>
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The cube is already a mashup of dozens and dozens of quests.

When you hit room 14 you get a quest to fail you after 20 mins and a quest that spawns the NPC should you die. Talking to the NPC gives you quest that gives a die. That die gives you a quest that autocompletes and teleports you forward and grants you another quest after that that gives you a puzzle cube. The puzzle cube is needed to pick up another quest from the next NPC. Some rooms have 5 or so different variant quests depending on your level range (and copies should you be going through the cube with a directorate invitation and not a puzzle cube).

I'd estimate there are about 800 interlocking quests involved with the cube. The defuse bomb quest is available on 6 NPCs from 17-22. If they added this to 23-50 that would add another 27 quests to the cube that is already quest bloated. The devs probably had a headache keeping all the quests straight and didn't want to add 27 more that are essentially unneeded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TcheQNorris - Harshlands
    TcheQNorris - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Not sure what happens if you hit room 10 already with a bomb. I suspect you would be blocked tho.

happened to me b:cry