Seals, BB and RB , purify.

Options
Alantor - Dreamweaver
Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
I got some questions, since i didn't see any decent answers about them, yet.

This is for the clerics that already have the skills oc, or who have maxed them.

1. Is it worth levelling the different seals for a cleric on a PVE server ?
Especially when i don't plan on duelling or do TW's and anything pkrelated.
I got 2 of the seals currently, although not levelled much. I wonder if i should need the chromatic tbh. I only use em in boss fights.

2. I noticed some tanks saying "no BB". Is there any "good" reason for that ?
I can only stack IH on the tank while with BB, whole Squad gets healed...

3. I hardly see the second cleric in a squad using RB when i know they have it.
Why don't they use RB, IF they know the one BB is enough ?

4. At what lvl do you "need" purify maxed ?
I got it currently at lvl 7, which i'm told is enough for now, so when do i really need it maxed.
Post edited by Alantor - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I got some questions, since i didn't see any decent answers about them, yet.

This is for the clerics that already have the skills oc, or who have maxed them.

I got 2 of the seals currently, although not levelled much. I wonder if i should need the chromatic tbh. I only use em in boss fights.

I got it currently at lvl 7, which i'm told is enough for now, so when do i really need it maxed.

Stunning seal and magic defense debuff are worth leveling, IMO. I don't touch the rest of them.

Could be happening at bosses with a high chance of interrupting you? Also stacking and spamming IH will typically keep the barb's charm from ticking more depending on the situation.

RB can be extremely dangerous in situations where other party members might draw agro from bosses. In situations where I'm not in a support role, I rarely use RB unless venos need help spam healing pets. Not that I have any math to back it up, but I feel I do more good DDing and debuffing.

Can't really say - had mine maxed by the early 70's iirc. Spirit is abundant by around then as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thx for the reply.

I guess i'll slowly start lvling those seals, they do come in handy against bosses.

Didn't think about the barbs charm ticking, but i'll use BB if there's a chance others might die of AoE, no matter if the charm ticks. that's what charms are for, to save lives and help , not to keep indefinately.

Rb increases aggrochange possibility...hmm, you're right, and whizzies do tend to crit very high.... Maybe RB is only used well in zhen parties, although i can't confirm that one, yet.

Thx dude, got some idea of what to do now :)
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have not seen rb used anywhere besides TT where the herc keeps aggro very easily.

for seals:

Elemental Seal you should max for your and wizzie's DD on bosses

Dimensional Seal is iffy because 2 classes have better pdef debuffs, Venos and barbs. Alone you are don't use physical attacks outside of plume shot.

Silent Seal is pretty good for keeping mobs away. Especially physical mobs. Not too needed unless it is to keep a mob from reaching a squishy such as an archer/wiz stealing aggro. Somewhat good for yourself, tsk you get a attack reduction in the beginning though.

Chromatic seal is not too useful on the offensive. Helps 1v1 when you need to take a breather. Not to great in groups as one hit and the mob is awake.

You'll need to max purify eventually. 7 is a good level, but 10 is needed for things like frost runs. Also a higher level purify lets you deal with barbs who don't know how to interrupt/cancel bosses better.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @seals

arent barb and veno debuffs 30% just like clers (and 10s only)?..

@RB

i use everywhere i can (or let 2nd cler to do it) if many DDs in squad. increases attack, rate and also healing power
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The cleric magic and phys defense debuffs are based off of our equipment's rates for the seal, iirc. So not a set % rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yea, that 'equipment value' is bit unclear for me

isnt it % of 'mine' eq value for me - and % of 'thier' eq value for enemies?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @seals

arent barb and veno debuffs 30% just like clers (and 10s only)?..

@RB

i use everywhere i can (or let 2nd cler to do it) if many DDs in squad. increases attack, rate and also healing power

barb's are 50% pdef reduction, but you're right on Veno's being 30%, my mistake.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yea, that 'equipment value' is bit unclear for me

isnt it % of 'mine' eq value for me - and % of 'thier' eq value for enemies?

this is correct. It reduces both urs and the person you cast it on by 30% of your mag def and 30% of their mag def respectively. Because if it was 30% reduction of the mag def of the caster and the same figure on the target you could reduce mag def of some HA ppl to like zero... and that doesn't happen in my experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @Slake

i hope D: otherwise ma phy-debuff would rly suck b:chuckle

@Ussichu

in my early TTs some friend barb sed me same, so i didnt use mine phy-debuff, to not 'overwrite' effect.

lately i went to ecatomb's to check skill name, so i could ask other barbs to use it even if thy see me using some debuffs, but i have found there just 'penetrate armor' which is 30% D:
    and atm im not sure what to do when i see phy-icon on boss :S

• Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    just cast it, overwrite theirs, i think it is the same % reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Barbs have Devour that cause 50% pdef reduction at lvl10, sage and demon Ironwood Scarab cause 40% instead of 30%. Pet debuff skills also have more powerful effect then our debuffs.

I think it's better to fix whose skills are stronger in the squad before doing something.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ahh devour.. missed it - always thought it just decrease attack.. anyway, better than cler debuffs on 4lvl

and veno pet skills.. pierce and howl - better that ours on 4 lvl

kk, gotta start to ask kittens and foxies 'bout those skill lvls before runs

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I will post a screenshot of an BB/RB BH squad me doing RB.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All the seals are worth leveling. If you're an attentive cleric, a well-timed silent seal will save members of your squad who grab aggro and can't handle it.. buys some time for your tank to grab aggro. Chromatic will help save your butt if you grab heal aggro you can't handle. The defense reduction seals will help speed up bosses... and any sort of debuff / party buff is a damage multiplier for your squad, so it'll speed things up quite a bit.

BB is not always the best choice; say if there's no AOE, or very sporadic AOE on a boss where chromatic does just fine. It also disables you from purifying the tank when s/he's debuffed, which can go really badly if your BB doesn't heal enough. Also, being dependent on BB on some AOE bosses will mean trouble if your BB gets interrupted. So it depends on the situation.

As for RB... it's a huge damage multiplier. I find that if I'm the second cleric in a squad, I save a load of mana by RBing (next to the barb, so his attacks go faster along with everyone else.. so no extra chance of passing aggro)... and boss goes down a lot faster. I won't RB with a bm or a veno pet tanking though, unless there is no chance of others grabbing aggro. And also, sometimes having an extra cleric on healing duty does help.

Your purify is higher than mine right now and so far I've had no trouble. I'd say, just upgrade it when you feel the need to ;D

Hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • __Cherry__ - Dreamweaver
    __Cherry__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    omg i luv my seals.

I think they are all great, but it really depends on ur playing style.

1st elemental: great or solo mobs, TT bosses and just that extra punch

2nd Demenisonal: its great for the melee and saves some time

3rd slient: not really useful until lvl 8, but at max lvl just owns in PK/duel modes. Also I use it (lvl 10) on fb/bh / tt runs for the running mobs that flee from melee classes and watch them get pounced on.

4th Chromactic: i believe about lvl 5 and on its very useful especially in TW, but u can use to when ur time is out numbered but its expensive to max out.

Puify: is ify lvl 5 or 6 works, but if u zhen or poison mob 8 is great. also get the genie skilll Nullify poison then to help out ^^.

RB: is great. however if ur the healing cleric.... u burn mp like a chain smoker.
    (use ur best judgement when using this one)

BB: is the blunt of blunts. just plz remember to set it up before a large mob comes or they will target u and well... another reason why clerics dont lvl so fast.

I say if ur more damage or party orientated unlock ur seals cause u never know when u can use them, even at lvl 1 on a long boss it helps out (World bosses/TT/TW)
    Bisides veno's ironwood is only 30% at max lvl for 10 seconds versus ours at 30% with 20 seconds.

ps luv ya babe b:dirty
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

No point to level them, even if i don't see the point of playing PW, either. b:chuckle

because IH has an overall healing effect that's higher than BB. Depending on you m.atk, it can at least be the same. And most times there isn't even reason to heal the entire squad...

Because it consumes many MP... As BB does... And obviously MP = money = noone uses RB if not compulsory. If there are not kickassing DDs in squad it's also prabable that a good cleric DDing can make an overall squad damage output increased, compared to squad damage output with him RBing and not DDing.

(on higher levels, RB is even not-wanted because cancels sage-demon sparks QQ)

Need it maxed when you will feel it or when you won't know what to do with your Spirits. Even if you AoE grind purify level 7 is enough. So, level it when you will just like to see it level 10 b:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Screeshot as promised.I am doing RB and the other Cleric is doing BB.

20091018233445.jpg
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ill ignore the bb on zimo just this once *looks away*
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It was the other cleric suggestion not mine to use bb and rb.
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can think of a variety of reasons to avoid blue bubble:

Blue Bubble pulls aggro (from adds, probably), which might make your tank's job harder.

Some bosses can cancel blue bubble, and when it gets cancelled your barb would not have your stacked ironhearts.

Blue bubble puts you in combat mode which significantly increases your mana requirements.

Blue bubble eats chi.

You can not purify when you are using blue bubble.

Blue bubble has limited range which can be a pain when fighting kiting bosses.

If we thought about this, we could probably come up with other situations where using blue bubble would be bad.

Of course, sometimes using blue bubble would be great, or essential! But... if your tiger tells you not to use blue bubble maybe you should talk his reasons over with him? Sometimes learning about key issues can also be great, or essential.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can think of 100XXX when to use BB (that's actually scary b:shocked).

And cough's ofc you wont use BB on bosses that cancel it, and in general you wont use it unless needed.
    Sad tho it's very needed in most WB, TT's, RB.
    b:dirty