War Promotion Ideas for PVP Servers.

XxTinyxX - Lost City
XxTinyxX - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
My first Suggestion is to make a PVP System where you can Actually Declare war from a Clan against Another Clan. And Once u get a war declare and Accepted every PvP/PK doesnt become a PK because you have a war already declared. So the Hole Idea of This is to Promote War to the Game, Inviting People want to Fight each other, without getting the Risk of getting Red and Drop. The PK should stay same.... If you Pk someone ( Random PK without a War tag, or Answering by Hitting back ) Then you get the Red Name and the Risk of Droping Items. ( Basically PK System stays the same ). Also remark something very important.... Clan Logos, each clan has to have a Identity, Make Flags able.

Second Suggestion is to Add a Combat Health Bar. For Example if you are doing Pve, grinding, etc the damage just affects directly the HP bar and not the Combat Bar, but once a pvp/pk start you get that Combat Bar as Back Up. And included with This, it can be added Combat Points Poitons. Also wth this Suggestion you got to make Charms less Potent, Not Necesarily you have to give 50% of Hp back every tick, You can set an Amount per Tick for example 3k hp is recovered each Tick and Diferent Amounts: 2k, 4k, 5k Hp Charms. So this make the Combat Bar works otherwise nobody will die. So Instead of Living because a Charm is Ticking all the Time, you make make sure how to reach to Diferent situations during the Pvp and that explodes more each of every class Capacity and Players Gaming Skills.

Thrid Suggestion Build Instances like Arenas/Coliseums and Make PvP Events Every Week, Month or any time you consider is needed with an Award System of Prices for the Winners. Team vs Team. One vs One. All vs All. Summon NPC wich give drops, of Course By Levels: For Example Event for Levels 50 to 60, 60 to 70, 80 to 90 and like that. ( With all This include a Npc that gives Armor, and Weapons for those events with the same Capacity... so pvp is fair ). And Of Course a GM would have to be Online checking the events, etc...

And All this Suggestions are just to Motivate a War Envoriment and get Servers back and Not let them get die slowly cause of Monothony. And Bring new Players to Game.

I hope you guys at least bother reading it, Thank you.

XxTinyxX.
Post edited by XxTinyxX - Lost City on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1) That's actually a pretty cool idea. Allow some sort of ranking of kills/killed in officially declared KOS. That would be a big pain to code and implement, but it would be one really cool feature.

2) Not sure that it'd be worth the trouble, and it would change the gameplay way too much, IMO.

3) There is an arena for PvP, it has not yet been implemented/fixed/etc..
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DarkSmoke - Lost City
    DarkSmoke - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow Tiny, thats actually a rlly good idea.

But honestly i dont think GMs or developers would accept it, since they would lose money from it, by tons of people buying way less guardian scrolls.

But hope more people supports your idea and maybe implement this system u propose.

And the PvP tourneys would be rlly fun, maybe the could do it weekly and get a decent amount of exp + money or goodies.
    DarkSmoke: lvl 100 Cleric
    Faction: Nagare
    Lost City Server

''Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal''
    -2pac-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Iirc, these ideas are from another game called Linage 2. That game have all these features
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • DarkSmoke - Lost City
    DarkSmoke - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Iirc, these ideas are from another game called Linage 2. That game have all these features

So?b:question
    DarkSmoke: lvl 100 Cleric
    Faction: Nagare
    Lost City Server

''Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal''
    -2pac-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lots of games have all those features. I don't see why we dont.

Anyway, some really good ideas. I definitely like the idea of faction wars, on other game's they're great fun. I really do wish we had a working arena too =/ No better place to practice or introduce yourself to PvP, test damage/skills, or just chill with friends and meet new people.
  • XxTinyxX - Lost City
    XxTinyxX - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    NoNameWiz you are right Some of those ideas are from Lineage II, some not. But that is not the matter, the thing is that game is getting stuck cause there is no action on the servers. We going to a Monothony.

And Game is getting less war Oriented everyday. So I definetly prefer to Propouse some war incentives Ideas than Bringing new "Non Game Interfere/Factor" Ideas...

Like Boots, Gloves, Pants, Skirts, and all those Fashions that Dont Bring up nothing new to the Gaming. Bring New Weapons, New Armors, New Ornaments, New whatever Item that actually affects your Character Status Build Points.

Or what Do you guys consider Games need?....Perhaps things like:

-New Mounts with same Speed but Diferent Looking...
    -TeleAcoustics to Talk about all and nothing at the same time....
    -Piggie Faces to make players Express their selfes Better and "Cooler".
    -More Cash Shop Items to make players all the Game Easy or Buyable.... And make that Many of them like Mr/Miss: "I have 2 days playing PW and im already 9x, Plus The only thing I know to do is to Talk in World Chat"... Give it a Look and many of all those new players barely know what they doing.

Is that the kind of Players you guys want in PW Servers? Well I disagree, I think we deserve more, but thats just the way I see it.

XxTinyxX
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Interesting ideas b:laugh

Sending this to the suggestion box
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Tiny you have a very good point. The Armor, weapons and Ornaments, those would be seriously helpful on builds. All the new fashion is getting the same play, just different look. The same factions are fighting over the same land. It's getting to the point where it's the same war over and over and over. It just gets boring. New Armor and Weapons and Ornaments with different skills/stats would make it more challenging.
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I like the third idea best. I'd like it to be more like something that Flyff has, where guilds bid on entry once a week, like what we have for TW, then they go into an instance and face waves of mobs plus a boss every ten or so waves. And at the end each player gets an amount of tickets that can be saved up and traded in for legendary gear. I think it would be a fun thing for PWI too.

The other ideas I don't like so much. People tend to be cheap during guild wars and go around killing other guild members that are AFK or vending for easy points. We introduce that to PWI and we'll have a whole new level of QQ in the forums. The combat bar idea sounds nice for victims of PKing, but it would destroy the point of PvP servers. You can't kill me because I constantly tick my combat bar with my charm so I never lose HP. Bad, bad, bad idea.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]