Archer or Barbarian?

Options
t3h1ns4n30n3
t3h1ns4n30n3 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
I can't decide which one to be. I'll be both at one point but which one should I play as first? And why that one?

b:worried
Post edited by t3h1ns4n30n3 on

Comments

• Piccavany - Harshlands
    Piccavany - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Barbs are scary later in the game(Armaggedon=b:shocked). Archers are good early in the game.b:victory
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Barbarians being the tanks of the game are very expensive to maintain since you would need to get good equips, loads of potions and also repair a lot of your gear frequently. This is primarily because the barb takes the chunk of the damage when in a squad or otherwise.

Archers on the other hand, pay very less in terms of repair costs and need not focus on armours that much (atleast early in the game upto say 6x or so) since most of the targets dont get near enough to hit u and even if they do they do at the max 2 hits. HOwever if your opponent is too strong and gets near, i would say...no amount of armour is gonna protect ur archer and the best thing to do is RUN!!!.

Comparing the two, I would say start off with an archer for getting some coins and then switch to barb if you want.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If your intelligent, go barb cause we need more barbs who know how to cancel and keep aggro better

if you're an idoit, don't roll barb, too much complications. Go Archer, point, click, afk.

Of course if you're lazy go archer as well, barbs = too much work :x
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If your intelligent, go barb cause we need more barbs who know how to cancel and keep aggro better

if you're an idoit, don't roll barb, too much complications. Go Archer, point, click, afk.

Of course if you're lazy go archer as well, barbs = too much work :x

so would that mean your lazy? b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'd actually say that it goes the other way around until you get into the 50s or so, as far as solo play goes. Low level archers are squishy, and can't really do the "point-click-afk-repeat" that upper level ones can without taking damage. They have to kite, use Winged Shell, and such. Low level barbarians, however, just need to spam skills and chug a potion now and then.

For squad work, low level barbarians arguably have it even easier. It's basically just "Tiger, spam flesh ream", whereas archers have to worry about keeping their damage down to avoid taking aggro. You don't really have to learn to cancel until fairly high level.

Basically though, Archers are faster-leveling, and as you get to higher levels they only get easier. We also spend very little money on repairs, potions, and equipment. However, we're really not in much demand for groups compared to barbs and clerics. You can still kill a boss without an archer, it just takes a while longer.

Barbarians are much more expensive to play, and take a long time to level due to their relatively low damage. However, you'll rarely have trouble finding a squad for things later on.

My recommendation is to play the Archer first though, in order to make money to help support the Barbarian.