A Sanctuary Event, Be Ready!

Options
Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
New thread with full details here.

Coming to you this Christmas from your friendly neighborhood Beloved faction....
A truly massive interactive player hosted event!

There will be giveaways!

There will be contests!

There will be prizes!

There will be Grand Prizes!

There will be fireworks!

This event will allow the participation of all levels! There will be no fees whatsoever! There......will be rules. (Sorry! b:chuckle b:surrender )

ALL Details regarding this event will be posted right here on Monday the 7th of December!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh, Looking forward to it! But..Whats it gonna be..? Well I'll subscribe to this thread and see if Theres any more news on it. Sounds fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh, Looking forward to it! But..Whats it gonna be..? Well I'll subscribe to this thread and see if Theres any more news on it. Sounds fun.

The details of the event have been worked out, but they will not be posted just yet. I want to let everyone know we have something big in the works and that they can look forward to a great event both highly interactive and free. b:victory

EDIT: Feel free to toss around more event ideas too if you want. :) I'm not opposed to making this even bigger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A suggestion, seek for a GM's involvement. I know they enjoy it when players organize their own events (example: saitada's lottery, which is growing in popularity)

Otherwise, I cant wait! Sanctuary is proving to be a more interesting server as far as player involvement and activity than the other servers! (with such boring PvP and TW, cant blame us right?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A suggestion, seek for a GM's involvement. I know they enjoy it when players organize their own events (example: saitada's lottery, which is growing in popularity)

Otherwise, I cant wait! Sanctuary is proving to be a more interesting server as far as player involvement and activity than the other servers! (with such boring PvP and TW, cant blame us right?)

That's a good suggestion, but I have already been working on that. :) I haven't included it anywhere because no agreements have been reached at this time. I love playing on Sanctuary, and I enjoy doing things for the players on it. It's fun for me and most times it's fun for them. This particular event however is going to be on a much larger scale than anything I've seen done before. So...hopefully....many people will participate and will truly enjoy it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • haughwoman
    haughwoman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so is there an event day and time... cause no offense but doing it on christam would be kindaa.... shallow.. i love PW and sanctuary but i love my kid more so i wont be on that day but would love to participate..
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    haughwoman wrote: »
    so is there an event day and time... cause no offense but doing it on christam would be kindaa.... shallow.. i love PW and sanctuary but i love my kid more so i wont be on that day but would love to participate..

I can definitely say that it will not be on Christmas day. I have already taken that sort of thing into consideration. My current intention is to hold it the weekend before Christmas weekend. The 19th or 20th.

EDIT: 666th post....ahaha...hopefully that's not an ill omen. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Awesome. How long will your event be?
    ←7 more posts till 666 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Awesome. How long will your event be?
    ←7 more posts till 666 lol

I honestly couldn't say at this time how long the entire thing will take. It's actually going to be a 5 part event involving many different things. If I really had to guess I would say at least 4-5 hours. Quite possibly longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why do all the cool events happen on Sanc b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I honestly couldn't say at this time how long the entire thing will take. It's actually going to be a 5 part event involving many different things. If I really had to guess I would say at least 4-5 hours. Quite possibly longer.

Dang, because that means international players probably wont get to be a part. I reckon you should spread it out over a few days (ie 2 hours for the 1st day, 2 hours for the 2nd day etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Dang, because that means international players probably wont get to be a part. I reckon you should spread it out over a few days (ie 2 hours for the 1st day, 2 hours for the 2nd day etc.)

That's not an impossible thing to do, but I'm confused as to why the international players wouldn't be able to participate. Can you explain the problem to me?

I'm afraid I cannot answer that for you. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

cuz we cool like dat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    DeafForest - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Woo for events
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
    -Song of Solomon 4:7,9
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's not an impossible thing to do, but I'm confused as to why the international players wouldn't be able to participate. Can you explain the problem to me?

Theyw ouldnt be able to participate cause the timezones are different. You might be doing from 6pm-10pm or something but the time in another country might be something like 3am-7am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Let me know if I can help somehow.

~Saitada
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Let me know if I can help somehow.

~Saitada

*stabby* ur back :D

itz AndromedaB :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Theyw ouldnt be able to participate cause the timezones are different. You might be doing from 6pm-10pm or something but the time in another country might be something like 3am-7am.

I will consider this and do some research, unfortunately there will never be a way to include everyone. I will do my best to make the event as accessible to as many players as I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dawhitemage
    edited October 2009
    Options

I will consider this and do some research, unfortunately there will never be a way to include everyone. I will do my best to make the event as accessible to everyone as I can.

you could have a repeat... i had to repeat most of my events
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    you could have a repeat... i had to repeat most of my events

Unfortunately do to the sheer cost this event will not be repeatable for some time. I do apologize for the limited info, but more is coming soon and I believe it will help people to understand just how big we plan to make this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dawhitemage
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately due to the sheer cost this event will not be repeatable for some time. I do apologize for the limited info, but more is coming soon and I believe it will help people to understand just how big we plan to make this.

hmm pm me what the event/stuff is i miiiiiight be able to help if the time is right >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hmm pm me what the event/stuff is i miiiiiight be able to help if the time is right >_<

Lol...misused do/due. It's early. b:surrender

I will PM you later on today. EDIT: Sorry I haven't PM'd lol. I've been working on rl things as well. This event is still nearly two months away however. I will post the details on the forums as the time gets closer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    if it involves any kind of give away of expensive items or large sums of coin, i'd really suggest putting quite a few people into the "cannot participate" category. i'm not gonna name names, but i'm talking about the people who've stockpiled anni pack gear-getting items for resale and people who have an average refinement level of 6 or higher. these people do not need freebees.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    if it involves any kind of give away of expensive items or large sums of coin, i'd really suggest putting quite a few people into the "cannot participate" category. i'm not gonna name names, but i'm talking about the people who've stockpiled anni pack gear-getting items for resale and people who have an average refinement level of 6 or higher. these people do not need freebees.

An event is an event. A real one anyway, and is made to be fun and interactive for the enjoyment of anyone on the server. The prizes are nice, and they help get more people involved, which makes it more fun for everyone who joins in.

An event like this is not made to exclude anyone, it is not vulnerable to resentment and personal grudges of any kind. As such, anyone who wants to and is able to participate can. I am making it as fair as possible, so that everyone has equal opportunity to win the contests and be a part of all parts of the event.

If anyone has problems with a specific type of player, or even some specific individuals, that's your business, but this is not the place for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PinkSonja - Sanctuary
    PinkSonja - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    will this event be using world chat or general chat????? i have noticed a great decrease in tele's in all player stores...
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    will this event be using world chat or general chat????? i have noticed a great decrease in tele's in all player stores...

From me personally it will all be in world chat. Not everything from all people involved will be in world chat though. It's true I have been buying teleacoustics when I see them at a good price, however I doubt that I am solely responsible for an overall decrease. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PinkSonja - Sanctuary
    PinkSonja - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    sounds good... still no time set in place yet?? will keep a close eye on thread to check for updates on the event.... not in a hurry on my end...
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

because TW is practicly useless with Nef taking over practicly everything. and all the 80-90's with great gear and such from anni's ect. pvp is boaring and pve isn't much better so invlovement is our entertainment lol.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    sounds good... still no time set in place yet?? will keep a close eye on thread to check for updates on the event.... not in a hurry on my end...

The date is currently on course for the weekend before Christmas weekend. The exact time has not been determined as of yet. There is so much going into this that I am having to start this far ahead of time. I can promise that there will be notice of all event details (including all rules and regulations along with full event specifications and prize lists) long before the actual event date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    things are changing update to come
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol i just actually read it... the teles would come in handy b:cute

i will try to participate o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.