Penetrate Skill

Options
ELVI$ - Dreamweaver
ELVI$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Venomancer
I was fortunate enough to buy the rare Penetrate pet skill scroll from AH and had planned on using it with my veno once I figured out which pet to put it on.

However another player made too good of an offer for the skill scroll and so I traded it to them.

Now that player is very disappointed by what the skill seems to actually do.

The description said a fierce attack that neglects defenses.

We had both thought that meant an uber attack of some sort.

The other player says that it only delivers 600 damage at lvl 3 on their nix which is way below a normal hit so what is happening with the skill?

Can a veno who has actually used this skill please explain whether we have missed a debuff or something or if the skill is bugged in some way?

It was going to be the highlight skill for my veno to have which changed to being proud knowing someone's nix was going to pwn thanks to my help.

I gave it up only because I can't afford a Herc any time soon so won't be leveling her up as much.

Instead, now it seems the other player gave up a rare skill (Blessing) to get a bugged Penetrate and I am feeling very bad about that if there is indeed nothing wrong with the skill and it just sux and we got "IT" wrong about the skill.

Making matters even worse was that the trade involved a bound piece of eq that was worn b4 learning this so that can't be returned.
Post edited by ELVI$ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ok - according to the sticky:

Penetrate does 200 points of damage per level, no matter what the defence of the target is.

So yeah, that's going to be a fairly small amount of damage most of the time. If there's anything out there with huge defences and low hitpoints it might be useful.

It probably won't punch through "Immune to damage" but it may be worth a try...

Assuming it doesn't... 1k damage with a slow cycle seems pretty much worthless to me.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Assuming it doesn't... 1k damage with a slow cycle seems pretty much worthless to me.

All rare skills other than the buffs are worthless. The long cooldown timers kill any use they may have honestly. Pounce has value, and you could make make a case for sacrifice if you want a really hard nix hit or something, but the common skills are all more damage over time.
  • Rasis - Lost City
    Rasis - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

On that link it says: Penetrate (A fierce attack which inflicts 200,400,600,700,800 damage, neglecting target's defense)

So far I think flesh ream is better. A level 101 phoenix with claw does like 1.2k damage per tick on a bm unbuffed (around 8.5k def) and the cool down is half of claw.

So a pet will do only 800 damage at most? Does its physical attack affect this skill?