Soul Degeneration

Options
Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
Two quick questions:

Sage degeneration. Does this stack with the archer sharp tooth, or is it just the better takes effect?

Secondly - before you get to sage/demon, is this as useless as the description makes out, or is it one of those skills which actually does something completely different?

Becuase... it overwrites amp damage. And I'm just not seeing any reason to ever use it (outside of that first shot if you've got it sage which obviously I don't yet)
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It can be used to stop heal potions but that's about it. It's pretty useless outside of the sage benefit. The highest debuff takes effect.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1st question: no, it does not stack with sharpened tooth. You can use it and then use your amp though. Your amp will replace the soul degeneration debuff but not the hp debuff

2nd: Yes, its pretty much useless. I never touched it as when i first started playing I discovered that in PK mode, people can still use HP pots to recover HP. Meaning this debuff only worked against your natural hp regen, not external hp regen (like pots or apo items). Not sure if they have fixed it tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It will stop the heal from a potion that's already going, but that doesn't prevent you from just using another one.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for both of those answers.

Guess I'll just leave it alone.

Demon version is.. reduce evasion. Guess that's pretty useless too.
  • Loner - Harshlands
    Loner - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't know if you're asking about pvp or pve... I wouldn't waste the time in pvp.. In pve you just gotta know which bosses/mobs regenerate hp. I use it in 3-1 and both fb89, where the bosses regenerate hp and makes them harder to kill especially if you're soloing or not many people in party.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't know if you're asking about pvp or pve... I wouldn't waste the time in pvp.. In pve you just gotta know which bosses/mobs regenerate hp. I use it in 3-1 and both fb89, where the bosses regenerate hp and makes them harder to kill especially if you're soloing or not many people in party.

Ah! I've not reached those bosses yet. I'll keep that in mind then.

Edit: Does it prevent yellow-bubble regeneration? I've had a few monsters recently yellow-bubble for no obvious reason (pathing problems I presume) and it would be nice to have some counter to that.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    With sage soul degeneration's Sharp tooth effect stacking WITH amplify damage, this makes the skill very worth while to get.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ah! I've not reached those bosses yet. I'll keep that in mind then.

Edit: Does it prevent yellow-bubble regeneration? I've had a few monsters recently yellow-bubble for no obvious reason (pathing problems I presume) and it would be nice to have some counter to that.

I've thought about testing that several times, but then I forget to. My initial reaction is going to be no, unless you cast it after it goes yellow, and with the short distance that's pretty unlikely. What they seem to stop is current regeneration, regen effects applied after it's cast work fine.