Is there a genie skill that looks like winged shell?

_CaTrinka_ - Heavens Tear
_CaTrinka_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I notice when I'm in squad that I am getting buffed with a skill that looks like winged shell. It puts a white swirl around me. I've not been able to hover over the icon to see what it says. Does anyone know what this is?
Post edited by _CaTrinka_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    More than likely a clerics lvl79 skill, wings of protection. I always use it on a veno pulling a boss in case the barb misses.
    b:dirty
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol.... that's a 79 lvl cleric skill, wings of protection.

Lol I love if when it confuses unexp squad members & they go "omg I accidently used a dew QQ"
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hehe why would you use it on a luring veno, when they have bramblehood?
    I mean, ofcourse I dont mind clerics using it, saves me 2 sparks but hey... saves u mana or w/e it costs xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    The mana cost is completely negligible and it only takes 20 chi or so, 30 maybe.
    Like you said, hood takes up two sparks, which are
    1) not always there
    2) better off being sent to the barb or the demon archer next to you.

It has its other uses mind you, and is somewhat situational. If you're pulling AND positioning doggie for instance in 2-x, you're better off using hood simply because it lasts longer. If pulling wurlord however, wings are perfect for absorbing that first hit.

Other than that, I usually use it to save someone's charm tick or to fill the gap in between plume shells or whatever.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hehe why would you use it on a luring veno, when they have bramblehood?
    I mean, ofcourse I dont mind clerics using it, saves me 2 sparks but hey... saves u mana or w/e it costs xD
    cause 8 out of 10 times you see them getting hit, even the best of pullers make a booboo. Better safe than sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Plus Bramble Hood reflects damage, but you still have to take some. The cleric buff absorbs the damage so saves the veno taking it in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • _CaTrinka_ - Heavens Tear
    _CaTrinka_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks everyone for the answers! b:thanks
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Actually, you're better off using that skill on the BB Cleric. I'm assuming since you're free to use that skill you're the second cleric on the squad and the other Cleric will start BBing as soon as I run back or is already BBing while I'm pulling. More often than not, if the Barb isn't fast enough the BB Cleric takes the shot from Wurlord and is helpless to do anything about it. Whereas I've got the damage reduction from BB and am either already casting Feral Conc or ready to cast Bramble if Wurlord turns toward me.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Confusing people is funny :)

But that skills is so awesome. If you got to rez someone who fell to aoe, pop shell on tank and you can rez without dead tank ^___^
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Actually, you're better off using that skill on the BB Cleric. I'm assuming since you're free to use that skill you're the second cleric on the squad and the other Cleric will start BBing as soon as I run back or is already BBing while I'm pulling. More often than not, if the Barb isn't fast enough the BB Cleric takes the shot from Wurlord and is helpless to do anything about it. Whereas I've got the damage reduction from BB and am either already casting Feral Conc or ready to cast Bramble if Wurlord turns toward me.

Like I said it's situational. I see where you're going with this, but if the veno gets hit before the bb reduction kicks in, it's a good thing its on. If she gets into bb range before he starts casting the cleric should easily be able to take a hit. If I'm the only cleric, I'll prestack the barb, use wings on the veno and continue ironheart spamage on the barb. Besides, with 6 people in squad there's a good chance someone will hit him with lightning chaser, quake or alacrity. Was just giving an example.

As for ressing, I actually do the opposite. If they can't invoke for whatever reason, stack ironheart on tank, res, THEN pop wings on tank before he dies/charm ticks/whatever. Gives you some time to build up the ironheart stacks or use stream or what have you ;)
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think one of the coolest things about the skill is that it generates zero aggro. I haven't come across any other skill in the game like that. So if a tank pulls a whole room of mobs you can cast it on them before they use any skills and not pull aggro, unlike when you heal them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?