P. Hammer Cost

Options
Kar_rak - Sanctuary
Kar_rak - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
Absolute non-sense. 5 golds for a p. hammer is nowadays 2,5M :P The chests give 1M :P What is the sense of buying 5 golds for a hammer when u can sell them for 2,5M+? the hammer should cost 1 gold or, as much, 2!
For a true Daeva's and Nakir's Swords! Sign at the post!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163102
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kar_rak - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yeah, because you QQing about the price and the items the hammer is needed for in-game is enough to make PWE collectively gasp and say, "my God, he's right- we only give 1mil gold from the chests and other players are overpricing their hammers! We have to put a stop to this!"

.... Yeah, good joke. The problem being that they are still making money on the hammers, so why would they care?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If they lowered it to 2 gold...after the event:

2 gold would get you 1 million coin
    1 gold would never go below 500k

If they lowered it to one, gold would rise to over 1 million logically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • KrazyzViet - Dreamweaver
    KrazyzViet - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol im leaving my stash in the bank until they go down if ever
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Golds will never go down of 300k... 300*5 = 1,5M, useless yet :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Golds will never go down of 300k... 300*5 = 1,5M, useless yet :P

Actually, people use them when they want to convert large amounts of gold into coins, without waiting for it to sell. (Although personally, I'd prefer them to sell it all in the AH at the same loss).

I'm for removing the chest of coins, because with them, gold will never dip below 250k.
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The hammer is also used to open the level 50 and 80 stash boxes, not just the 1mil coin boxes. b:surrender
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Glad u know.
    the aniv packs are BACK BY "POPULAR" demand which cause it to be like that.
    Been 3mth already and its not removed.
    Shouldn't the packs be out on aniversay since its a ani pack.

Come on folks lets bombard the gold trade some more till no one could afford them ^^

and the freaking hammers should be 1 silver.
    Fair and sqaure to all of us who desperately need them.
    The selfish souls whould nvr listen with the ani pack there.
    The dev should reset everything when the tideborn expansion are out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Its not Eion anymore its Unknown]
    Done by ForsenX
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I just want the price of hammers down since it's stupid its actual cost.. with 5 golds u get 2,5M, with chests 1M.. who is that crazy to buy hammers to earn gold? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I just want the price of hammers down since it's stupid its actual cost.. with 5 golds u get 2,5M, with chests 1M.. who is that crazy to buy hammers to earn gold? b:shocked

Pretty sure you can think of a reason of two for the chests to be in, and it is not related to making coin fast for people that do not charge zen.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Pretty sure you can think of a reason of two for the chests to be in, and it is not related to making coin fast for people that do not charge zen.

? What do you mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Idea for Change to address the "1 million Coins Box" issue:

Open the box, you get a choice:

1) 1 million coins
    2) 6 Gold

This way, if the price of gold is below 200K (250K if the hammers are on sale) buying a hammer could earn you a profit in coins. If the price is above 200K (250k), the hammer can get you a 1 gold profit from the coin chest (2 gold if the hammers are on sale for 4 gold).

Another idea:

Create another way to open the boxes ... like a quest. Perhaps doing 7 Bounty Hunter quests in one week earns a "Special Bonus": a key to open the coins chest. At least then they would be worth something in stalls as well.

As it is now, 1 million coin chests are just a waste of inventory slots.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ? What do you mean?

When the players that do not buy zen complain and threaten to quit because of gold prices, they say something like this:
    "who would gold sellers sell their gold to if people that buy gold with coins were to quit the game?".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah Bosk, there are plenty choices to fix this little incongruity.

And yes Ice... the point is that I'm not buying golds anymore, is a waste of money and time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    perfect hammer are way too expensive.maybe they should make the sale permanent or somthing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If they lowered it to 2 gold...after the event:

2 gold would get you 1 million coin
    1 gold would never go below 500k

If they lowered it to one, gold would rise to over 1 million logically.
    yeah, I've made the very same point in another thread in the suggestions forum. people QQ about the price of the hammers taking only the chest of coins into consideration. Nevermind the fact that they are used also to open those chests that are guarded by mobs (never bothered with those) and the supply stash boxes as well. However, the presence of the chest of coins do in fact place an artificial "floor" to the price of gold by setting somewhat of a value on gold.
    Idea for Change to address the "1 million Coins Box" issue:

Open the box, you get a choice:

1) 1 million coins
    2) 6 Gold

This way, if the price of gold is below 200K (250K if the hammers are on sale) buying a hammer could earn you a profit in coins. If the price is above 200K (250k), the hammer can get you a 1 gold profit from the coin chest (2 gold if the hammers are on sale for 4 gold).

Another idea:

Create another way to open the boxes ... like a quest. Perhaps doing 7 Bounty Hunter quests in one week earns a "Special Bonus": a key to open the coins chest. At least then they would be worth something in stalls as well.

As it is now, 1 million coin chests are just a waste of inventory slots.

Good Luck!
    I don't really see this happening though since if this was implemented and people had lots of those chests stacked up in the inventory/bank (as I imagine there is by now) people will pay any amount of coin to buy 5 gold and turn it into 6 gold. Do this 5 times and end up with 5 gold profit - money from nowhere. Money that PWI will be "loosing". They don't want to give away free gold in game, they want you to buy it.

(Free zen offers are a different matter since they are getting a kick back from the offer providers and we get a small percentage of that as well, along with the possible inconvenience of spam/junk mail/phone calls/texts etc..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so....you want lower gold cost which would mean taking out coins from the economy yet....you want a hammer that can free 1 mil coins with each swing to be affordable to all?
    b:shocked

me wondering if anyone else see a huge flaw in logic here?
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]