Character's lvls in certain TTs??

Options
Tazi - Heavens Tear
Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Okay.

In your opinion, what level characters go into what levels of TT?

I was just told I'm too low to go into a 1-3. I've done them before. One of them had a 66 cleric and a 70 BM. We did perfectly fine in there.

What is your opinion?

When can I join in on the 2s? 2-1 or 2-2 and so on?

Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard - Tazi 100
Psychic - Anastaszia 70
Post edited by Tazi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Some of the people in my TT squads are usually just one or two levels above you. We usually run 1-3, 2-1 medium, and 2-1 hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I dont think the level is the biggest factor, you can make up for that with gear. I do have a problem taking people way below the HH level (like HH 90 bringing a 7x) only because a 7x can't DD as high as an 8x/9x.. and of course they'd be taking the spot of someone that needs the mats before them. Some HH's need higher levels (2-3 Belial for example) where the boss is ridiculously hard and some parties won't let you in unless you have at least 4k hp (unbuffed). For me though, as long as there isn't a boss that aoe's over your hp... and I'm not in a rush.. and nobody thats higher level needs it, I let anyone come :)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    For some reason a few people believe the level required to open the door is some sort of "minimum level requirement".

Which is false. I've run up to 2-1 with 5x clerics/barbs helping and also brought plenty of 5x in other classes along for the experience too. The only thing they need to worry about is aoe's, which might mean having to hang back for the odd part.

Anyways, at your level you're absolutely fine for 1-3.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    5x clerics/barbs helping

hope that barb wasn't tanking. You'd all be kissing the floor if he was, or should be reported for hacking.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hope that barb wasn't tanking. You'd all be kissing the floor if he was, or should be reported for hacking.

Only parts of 1-1 lol, and this was late 5x. More for fun than anything else really.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    For some reason a few people believe the level required to open the door is some sort of "minimum level requirement".

Which is false. I've run up to 2-1 with 5x clerics/barbs helping and also brought plenty of 5x in other classes along for the experience too. The only thing they need to worry about is aoe's, which might mean having to hang back for the odd part.

Sure you can bring a level 1 into any TT, but they arent pulling their weight. On my Veno i duo 2-2, 3-1, etc, regularly. Once we brought a 4x BM in. He was there, he mis-aggroed things several times and died (not pulling aggro from us, i mean un-aggroed things). The fact is any level can be in a TT if the rest of the group is basically doing the TT without that persons help.

So yeah i do believe that the level to open is a sort of guideline for minimum level, and if you have enough higher levels, they can carry someone who's a bit too low.
    Anyways, at your level you're absolutely fine for 1-3.

Also as a 71 Wiz in 1-3, Soul Banisher is going to destroy you in the final percentages as his AoE gets tremendously painful (as a physical AoE it severely hurts arcane). Drum may also cause a problem with its AoE. I dont know your actual HP & p.def, but i think 71 is a bit low for 1-3.

Edit: If you dont know the guideline levels;
    1-1:60, 1-2:68, 1-3:76
    2-1:74, 2-2:82, 2-3:90
    3-1:88, 3-2:95, 3-3:100
    any x-1 however seems a bit easier then x-2 & x-3 even for the level difference and would probably be the easiest ones to go ahead of schedule.
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sure you can bring a level 1 into any TT, but they arent pulling their weight. On my Veno i duo 2-2, 3-1, etc, regularly. Once we brought a 4x BM in. He was there, he mis-aggroed things several times and died (not pulling aggro from us, i mean un-aggroed things). The fact is any level can be in a TT if the rest of the group is basically doing the TT without that persons help.

Well...he was a 4x lvl, and a BM. Hero syndrome (a common BM affliction leading to them rushing away from the party for no reason) combined with not really knowing how to run in TT might have lead to this. Were you trying to teach him how to run, or just doing your normal thing? He might have thought that you were going to help him out. I'm not saying it was bright, just the fact that he might have been thinking this would change the argument.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hero syndrome (a common BM affliction leading to them rushing away from the party for no reason)

rofl, this made me laugh b:chuckle
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hero syndrome (a common BM affliction leading to them rushing away from the party for no reason)

Also occasionally referred to as i-r-barb syndrome
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

More like "Aoez! :D......ohcrap"
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hey now, I-R groom, shave, and smell better.
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

So yeah i do believe that the level to open is a sort of guideline for minimum level, and if you have enough higher levels, they can carry someone who's a bit too low.

Also as a 71 Wiz in 1-3, Soul Banisher is going to destroy you in the final percentages as his AoE gets tremendously painful (as a physical AoE it severely hurts arcane). Drum may also cause a problem with its AoE. I dont know your actual HP & p.def, but i think 71 is a bit low for 1-3.

Edit: If you dont know the guideline levels;
    1-1:60, 1-2:68, 1-3:76
    2-1:74, 2-2:82, 2-3:90
    3-1:88, 3-2:95, 3-3:100
    any x-1 however seems a bit easier then x-2 & x-3 even for the level difference and would probably be the easiest ones to go ahead of schedule.

lol alittle off, it's a good base but it does vary alot on the char, i mean my cleric did 1-2 by lvl 63 (first tried) and i came out perfectly fine even the lower % of soul barely took half my hp in one shot. (LA cleric if you must know), if you got enogh def or hp to tank some of the AoE and can still pull alittle weight then go ahead and try it ahead of ur level just be sure to know ur limits that's all.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Other day in WC someone was looking to form a TT1-2 2-1 squad, or something like that. So, I pmed them saying I was lvl 67veno at the time and they said I was too low. This was a TT70 run, so I know I wasnt too low, and besides I had been on plenty TT70 runs. It's not like I didnt know what I was doing.
    >.<
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    In your opinion, what level characters go into what levels of TT?

You generally go into level-appropriate modes of TT. If you're level 60 or 70 you'll generally stick with 1-1, 1-2, 2-1... unless you're asked to help with a higher mode.

I don't do much 1-1, 1-2 or 2-1, basically because they're worthless as money runs, but I do go in to help faction lowbies get mats for their gears when I have time.

Generally 1-3, 2-2 and 2-3 are the best money runs, and where I usually spend a lot of my free time farming with friends in my level range. Lately I've been doing the first two bosses of 3-2 for a friend's wrists.

In a faction with enough people your level, most people form parties around which specific mats they need and help each other. That's really the best way to form parties and get your gear farmed instead of having to buy any of it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Other day in WC someone was looking to form a TT1-2 2-1 squad, or something like that. So, I pmed them saying I was lvl 67veno at the time and they said I was too low. This was a TT70 run, so I know I wasnt too low, and besides I had been on plenty TT70 runs. It's not like I didnt know what I was doing.

No offense to anyone here, but... sometimes I really wonder what noobs those people are, if I see spamming in world chat "LF 85+ cleric for FC!!!"
    Compensating skill by level or what?

I myself have done FC on cleric at 80, first time and with friends. Only died once to unknown reasons ( boss suddenly oneshot all arcanes, noone even had damage log lol)
    Did TT 2-1 and FC as only veno on 72 with friends, and I was fine tanking things in FC with a kowlin lol

Sooo.. if you wanna go in TTs or anything above your "level" go with friends :) WC guys are not willing to take you, its rare you really find someone friendly there :P
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

No offense to anyone here, but... sometimes I really wonder what noobs those people are, if I see spamming in world chat "LF 85+ cleric for FC!!!"

I myself have done FC on cleric at 80, first time and with friends. Only died once to unknown reasons ( boss suddenly oneshot all arcanes, noone even had damage log lol)
    Did TT 2-1 and FC as only veno on 72 with friends, and I was fine tanking things in FC with a kowlin lol

Sooo.. if you wanna go in TTs or anything above your "level" go with friends :) WC guys are not willing to take you, its rare you really find someone friendly there :P

lol that's WC for you their mostly elitists, think only a strong party can finish something and if veno don't got herc, no barb, aren't charmed robes then their all worthless. you'll eventually get used to it, frankly I like proving them wrong well over 1/2 the time when they pick charmed robes that die easier than i do but oh well.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I did a TT70 at 54 (pulled mostly, since they are too high for anything else) minimum is what YOU can handle, and don't let anyone till you otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Friends took me on 1-2 when i was in mid 60s, soul flattened me ofc, but I did ok with the rest of the bossess. Next 1-2 and 1-3 runs were in sharded and refined armor, did fine then, my only problem first time was low hp... At 67 or 68 they took me with them to 3-1. Ok, they had to explain everything at first as i didnt know anything and needed to be told where to stand or when and what to do, and my dmg wasnt really noticeable, but i still could heal, debuff, res, bb and rb (my role at 4 min boss). Did well, learned a lot, had fun (im the crazy type that likes challenge). They also had fun apparently as i still get invited to run with them, mostly to 2-2 which according to OP im too low for :-P
    And when i was helping my other friends with tt 1-1 they invited 46 archer from their faction - so she will see how tt looks like. she learned fast to keep distance and only assist attack, then she did really well :-)
    So imo its not level that decides where you can or cant go... its more about going with friends who dont mind explaining things to newbie, and if you are much lower than instance you just got to be careful. Oh and not mind dieing from time to time too ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Same. In fact, I had a person in my own faction try and get all commando-like on the squad we were in, in the middle of our FC run (one veno left, the other came in) declaring that everyone needed to be 90+ when he/she was, in fact, 85, and as soon as we partywiped they were gonna replace the lowest levels first (which happened to be clerics). We were mostly low and mid 80s, I died only once, and the reason was that same veno didn't hit the hands while standing next to me, while I was doing BB. Otherwise, it went without a hitch, and none even close to the multiple partywipes I've seen going with 90+ squads.
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Same. In fact, I had a person in my own faction try and get all commando-like on the squad we were in, in the middle of our FC run (one veno left, the other came in) declaring that everyone needed to be 90+ when he/she was, in fact, 85

I went on FC at 81. Granted, my gear is fairly good and I had a charm. I think pretty much anyone 77+ can survive, as long as the clerics are decent. I had a terrible team, and we only wiped once at the last boss (most of them went away after the boss directly before-- thanks guys). It was one of those lovely runs that have you telling at your screen 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING??' butyeah. As long as there is one person in the team who knows what their doing, I don't see why it would have to be 90+. I was told the same thing by a few people. It's silly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3