whats your opinion?

Ganiju - Heavens Tear
Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
i know there might have been people who have tried this but making a fist archer. (for higher lvls) what do you think would be the best build for it? and would you consider them deadly?

[personally yes i consider them deadly. but there has been a lot of skepticism about this so...just putting it out there so you can explain your opinions]
probably one of the smartest in perfect world
yet the lowest of level
Post edited by Ganiju - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The best build would be to start with a BM.

Seriously, you'd get more evasion and accuracy per DEX. You'd get the same crit rate. And, you'd have some skills that could be used while your weapon of choice was equiped.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i know there might have been people who have tried this but making a fist archer. (for higher lvls) what do you think would be the best build for it? and would you consider them deadly?

[personally yes i consider them deadly. but there has been a lot of skepticism about this so...just putting it out there so you can explain your opinions]

I have experimented with claws and a fist / claw archer seems to have a lot of promise for endgame. The key to this is to go for a full -interval gear build.

The default attack rate for a claw is 1.43 attacks / second or 0.7second interval between attacks. You need to knock down that 0.7 second interval as much as possible

With gold tt99 bracers that gives -.1 so the claws have 0.6 second between attack.
    With 2 tt99 LA pieces theres another -.05 giving 0.55 second.
    2 tt99 phys ornaments gives another -.05 for 0.5 second (2 attacks / second).
    The event tome and lunar cape will get you to 0.4 second.
    Lunar claws come with -.1 getting you down to 0.3 second (3.33 attacks / second).
    Rank iv chest armor gets you to 0.25 second (4 attacks / second) while rank Viii gets you to 0.2 second (5 attacks / second).
    Finally a demon quickshot will knock this down to 0.1 (10 attacks / second).

To be truely obscene you could in theory craft OHT fists and wrists with 3 -.05s interval mods. This would get your normal attack interval down to 0.1 (10 attacks per second) and relentless courage or quickshot will get it down one more notch to 0.05 interval (20 attacks per second).

For me after a demon quickshot I have a 3.33 attacks / second attack rate with claws. The frenzy of the attack is already a little awe inspiring and I have beaten 9X wizards using quickshot + ungemmed / unrefined claws while holding them in place with the genie skill Stunning Blast (ranged blessing?).

The biggest advantage a fist archer has over a fist BM is the interval stat on the rank armor. Getting those last few interval bonuses makes the attack rate go up exponentially.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009

They look epic, feel epic, but in the end all you have to work with is Wingspan, Winged Pledge and your buffs.

Not enough meat on the bone IMO. Of course, with -interval its normal attacks are INTENSE, but that's all it's got pushing for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    forgot to mention that the max attack rate is 5.00. and i have seen what one is built like. but here is why i think they are deadly. with 3.33 attack speed without a tome as a base. there is a lower amount of damage but still is comparable to the amount of damage a BM does. but with demon spark and decal gods imagine the attack +500% damage at 5 hits a second+ reduced hp from wep. the EA's attack with demon spark compared to BM's attack and demon spark. the BM does larger amounts of damage without the crits. that would overpower the EA's attack but with the EA's crit percentage the power is also doubled again and most likely won't miss compared to the BM's accuracy. and the amount of chi that an EA can build with using demon spark and doing 5 attacks a second allows for never ending chain of being able to use demon spark every time. and at a high lvl a fist EA can kill anything. (i have seen a fist EA kill a wb with 21k hp by using demon spark and decal gods)
    yet the lowest of level
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How does a demon fist BM stack up to that? Theres the demon spear 2 spark move for pure crits for a few seconds, chi pot, Demon Spark (it increases speed too if i remember right) + Decadal God/TT100 (possible to make these days) and Shadowless Kick = deadly attack speed and power.
    As odd a combo it would be:
    2x LA TT99 pieces (possibly wrist and, hmm shoes id guess)= -.1 + -.05
    2x TT99 Pdef Ornament= -.05
    1x Love Up and Downs tome = -.05
    1x (whatever that attack speed cape is from anni pack) = -.05
    shadowless kick = 15% boost
    Demon Spark = 25% boost
    Decadal God/TT100 fist = -.1 interval
    How much would that add to/ would it compare to your fist archer thinger?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How does a demon fist BM stack up to that? Theres the demon spear 2 spark move for pure crits for a few seconds, chi pot, Demon Spark (it increases speed too if i remember right) + Decadal God/TT100 (possible to make these days) and Shadowless Kick = deadly attack speed and power.
    Demon Spark = 25% boost

I doubt shadowless kick stacks with demon spark as I know quickshot doesnt. Archer would be the same except quickshot is 30% and rank armor is another 0.05 / .1. If the max attack rate truely is 5attacks/s I should hit that with the tt99. Ehh without the possibility for an obscene attack rate I have lost alot of interest in the build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I doubt shadowless kick stacks with demon spark as I know quickshot doesnt. Archer would be the same except quickshot is 30% and rank armor is another 0.05 / .1. If the max attack rate truely is 5attacks/s I should hit that with the tt99. Ehh without the possibility for an obscene attack rate I have lost alot of interest in the build.

Try it anyway and if you don't get the ability to do 20 attacks/sec, then go threaten/bribe/blackmail/etc the devs until they DO allow it.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I tried Fists for fun, and I noticed that the Fire Arrow buff was still on my character.

Does it apply to damage?
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I tried Fists for fun, and I noticed that the Fire Arrow buff was still on my character.

Does it apply to damage?

Nah. Seeing as one can't cast it with fists on, I wouldn't think it would affect damage. Not very hard to test, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yes,its called a fist bm
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Does it apply to damage?

It doesn't. I tried it on ninetails in FB89 Eden.

No one got spammed with "resist!" on their screen (like I had hoped) when I started hitting the boss with my fists. b:cry
    edited October 2009
    It doesn't. I tried it on ninetails in FB89 Eden.

No one got spammed with "resist!" on their screen (like I had hoped) when I started hitting the boss with my fists. b:cry

Darn.

Well, at least it looks cool when you get the wizard buff and the Blazing Arrow buff. Fire and Ice fists.

No BM can claim that =)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    oh my beautiful Asterelle...b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/ss128/naix20oO/2009-10-2200-12-23.jpg

b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009

lolobsession.
    Last night, Aster(100), and RoyalMist(99) did my FB59 lul. Dropped each boss in about 15s :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited October 2009

*looks upskirt* sorry had to say it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lawl that screen shot was during one of my friend's 59 run, where Ast discovered the joy of Quickshot + claws and going at the bosses like she was on steroids. After the last boss died she kept clawing at the pillar and being giddy until we all left b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lawl that screen shot was during one of my friend's 59 run, where Ast discovered the joy of Quickshot + claws and going at the bosses like she was on steroids. After the last boss died she kept clawing at the pillar and being giddy until we all left b:chuckle

Simple things amuse simple mindsb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    we don't have fist mastery or the ability to stun lock like a warrior. the only benefit is -0.1 from the rank top. atleast people can recognize how important attack speed is, i used to preach that **** and always got shot down.
  • SpankShot - Sanctuary
    SpankShot - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *Cough* TO MUCH MATHS!!!
    I Never Mean to Steal Aggro,
    Im an archer... its in my DNA. its just... what i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    *Cough* TO MUCH MATHS!!!

Archer forum is all about math.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *Cough* TO MUCH MATHS!!!

No such thing as too much maths in this section of the forums. b:chuckle
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Archer forum is all about math.

thats y half of all archers r asian b:cute
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Can anyone confirm the max attack is 5 attacks per second?

I was planning on getting fists and restatting to HA for fun (because this game is getting boring and I need to play with odd builds for amusement) and trying to get crazy -interval gear. If the max is 5attacks a second then well, I'll just stick with bows and a low level pair of fists.
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    With new weapons coming for assassins which depend on Dex rather than strength... i think archers might have a melee weapon worth trying out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Can anyone confirm the max attack is 5 attacks per second?

I was planning on getting fists and restatting to HA for fun (because this game is getting boring and I need to play with odd builds for amusement) and trying to get crazy -interval gear. If the max is 5attacks a second then well, I'll just stick with bows and a low level pair of fists.

the only way to confirm it is to do tt99 ashura legs and wrists then demon hunter top with tt99 lionrex belt and necklace using decal gods or tt100 with demon fury.
    yet the lowest of level
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *Cough* TO MUCH MATHS!!!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/17/128794130419122574.jpg

Noooes not teh algeblah~!
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Demon Spark = 25% boost

shadowless kick doesn't stack with the speed increase from demon spark. tt99 HA top and leggings + tt LA boots and wrist + decal gods or tt100 = 2.83 aps (attacks per second) + tome and cape = 2.93 + then with the fury = 3.4-3.55 then you have to be able to hit them
    archer: tt99 LA wrists and Boots + demon hunter top and bottom + tt100 or decal gods + tt99 lionrex necklace and belt = 3.33 or 3.43 then with demon spark = 5.00 attacks per second. then take into account that using demon fury and gaining chi for ever hit = full chi = continuos (sp?) demon spark rampage/storm or whatever cool name you want to call it. +12 tt100 with required str and grade 12 phy attack gems and demon spark =12k-15k attack X 5 hits a second x phy resist (if high lets say 78) = 11400 damage a second X 2 for crit = 22800 a second. (math might be wrong. but with fury attacks on a +12 phy def accesoried wb with 21k hp and 15k phy def = 700-1000 damage a hit and its phy def gave a 86% protection rate which in a second 8400 damage was dealt)
    yet the lowest of level
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    yet the lowest of level
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    the only way to confirm it is to do tt99 ashura legs and wrists then demon hunter top with tt99 lionrex belt and necklace using decal gods or tt100 with demon fury.

I wasn't asking how one would go about confirming it. I know what's needed and sadly I am not 99 to equip Ashuras.

All I wanted was someone who has hit the cap (this or another version) to confirm that 5 attacks a second is indeed the maximum.
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I wasn't asking how one would go about confirming it. I know what's needed and sadly I am not 99 to equip Ashuras.

All I wanted was someone who has hit the cap (this or another version) to confirm that 5 attacks a second is indeed the maximum.

*cough cough* ^.^

how else would i know?
    yet the lowest of level