Question about server switching

rayne36
rayne36 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I'm on Harshlands due to a bit of an absent mind on behalf of the person who introduced me to this game.

I like this game but I don't give a **** about being able to PK. I hate PK and I can't stand how some people have nothing better to do than interrupt what others are doing. I'm trying to play a game here! People who camp high traffic areas are beyond ignorant. Anyway... sorry to rant but I'm thinking of switching servers and I'm wondering what I would lose if I did that.

Which of the following would I keep and which would I lose if I switched?

My weapons, armor, charms, tomes etc.
My coins
Items from the boutique
Items in my inventory
Items in my Safe
My mounts
My genie
My level or experience
My active quests

Thanks for answering my question.
Post edited by rayne36 on

Comments

• Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Nothing. You'd have to make a new character and start from le scratch.

You cannot transfer one character from server to server or else that would cause mass hyteria lol. Furthermore, there is no parallel between the chars you make on one server and the chars you make on another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You will only lose 1 thing:

Your character.
    You can't switch characters between servers, you have to make a new one on the other server
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have fun PvEing to 100 b:byeb:bye
  • Spylols - Harshlands
    Spylols - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would say stick with HL, since you would have to make another char and ditch ur current one to switch servers. Find a faction and get a group of friends to grind/quest with, that way you can all deal with whatever PK problems you run into. Besides at higher levels youre going to want to PvP and youre not necessarily going to get that on a PvE server.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As pointed out, you will have to make a new character all together.
    All the items you have on your character in HL will stay in HL.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    they should make not using the search function before posting a bannable offense b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have fun PvEing to 100 b:byeb:bye
    If a child lives with criticism,
    he learns to condemn.

If a child lives with hostility,
    he learns to fight.

If a child lives with ridicule,
    he learns to be shy.

If a child lives with shame,
    he learns to feel guilty.

If a child lives with tolerance,
    he learns to be patient.

If a child lives with encouragement,
    he learns confidence.

If a child lives with praise,
    he learns to appreciate.

If a child lives with fairness,
    he learns justice.

If a child lives with security,
    he learns to have faith.

If a child lives with approval,
    he learns to like himself.

If a child lives with acceptance, and friendship,
    he learns to find love in the world.

Had a bad childhood xshadowx just to post ridicule like this?
    I like this game but I don't give a **** about being able to PK. I hate PK and I can't stand how some people have nothing better to do than interrupt what others are doing. I'm trying to play a game here! People who camp high traffic areas are beyond ignorant. Anyway... sorry to rant but I'm thinking of switching servers and I'm wondering what I would lose if I did that.
    If you are below 40 than its still not too late to change. If you want to have control over the plans you play ingame, then PvE is good. Everything is on your terms. PK will also be on your terms too, as in you dont really see douchbags griefing lowbies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    they should make not using the search function before posting a bannable offense b:laugh

They should make trolling a bannable offence too.

If you are below level 40 I'd switch. It's a nice opportunity to test a new character or put your current experience to use in building an even better character. Also the time it takes to reach 40 is a tiny fraction of the time to reach 80, if you're planning on playing for a while you'll be glad you switched.