funny email i got today

Options
Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
hehe im sure others got it too. look at my level though.

ironic.jpg
working it Q_Q
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Miatemaro - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yeah, me too! It said something about level 29 stuff though... I guess my mule account is logged to that email.
    First and foremost, we want to congratulate you on your current progress within Perfect World International. We here at PWE want to take this opportunity to inform you about content around your level as well as content just over the horizon!

The 20-29 level range can be daunting. While this level range may be incredibly formidable, it's not without its rewards. Players who achieve level 30 are given a free flying mount. At this point, a whole new dimension of PWI opens up. Slaying flying monsters will give you normal 1.5x EXP, new quest hubs become accessible, and PvP strategy becomes much more complex. Flying mounts are varied both in speed and type, ranging from bat wings for the Winged Elves, to Two-Headed Dragons for the Untamed!

Lastly, upon reaching level 30, you're given access to a new daily quest called "Crazy Stone". This quest is very simple and easy to complete, netting you as much as 20% or more towards your current level!

We hope the information included in this e-mail will aid you in your leveling efforts. We hope you continue to enjoy your adventures within Perfect World International.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

ironic.jpg

yeh my brother got the same one and he doesn't even play pw anymore
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think PW thought it was taking you way too long to level, so they "dropped that hint" to help you level faster....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    We were right! b:chuckle This is pretty funny but obviously we couldn't customize this for everyone. b:shocked
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I got 2, one for this account and one for my storage account... On this account I got the same as you, but since I have a lvl 20 archer on the storage account I got the 20-29 email for that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What my 8x alt got:

Hello david,

First and foremost, we want to congratulate you on your current progress within Perfect World International. We here at PWE want to take this opportunity to inform you about content around your level as well as content just over the horizon!

Did you know that the primary instance for players within the 80-89 level range has been recently revamped? Frostcovered City has been updated with new drops, increased experience, and decreased difficulty.

A new instance for this level range has also been added! Warsong City, the land of the Genies, is now available for characters level 80 and above. This siege-type instance will provide you with not only monumental challenges, but also monumental rewards.

Also recently, a new NPC was added to PWI in order to help players within this level range progress. The Bounty Hunter will provide your character with a quest every day to kill a boss within your level range. For the 80-89 range, you will be asked to kill a boss in exchange for 200k experience and 40k spirit. Combine this quest with your daily "Crazy Stone" Quest and you'll be level 90 in no time!

We hope the information included in this e-mail will aid you in your leveling efforts. We hope you continue to enjoy your adventures within Perfect World International.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    We were right! b:chuckle This is pretty funny but obviously we couldn't customize this for everyone. b:shocked

Well, it's better than the last one I got!
    Looking at your account we noticed that you are a PWI veteran. You've adventured into dungeons, you've cultivated your spirit, but you've never charged your ZEN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

yes it is funny spoons. I have only 75% to hit level 100 lol.

wonder what the one for my mule would say lol therres bunches of ways to level 1-10 lol. b:laughb:laughb
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Q_Q
    Deleted mine by accident :D
    My email provider thinks youre spam, PW b:cute

But hell funny xD
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I didn't get any e-mails. Does PWE not like me anymore? b:sad
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Might want to check your spam folder, I'm pretty sure most players got one e-mail or another. Unless you use Yahoo, in which case you (or they, rather) hate us!
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lmao, I got that same e-mail too. Supposedly, I'm suppose to hit 100 in no time as well. b:laugh I think I got a 90+ version of the e-mail. Because bounty hunter doesn't necessarily give exp and spirit, plus I've hit 100 a while ago.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Mine was in spam folder too. Checked it today and saw 2 e-mails: one from PWE, and a crappy beta invite.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lmao, I got that same e-mail too. Supposedly, I'm suppose to hit 100 in no time as well. b:laugh I think I got a 90+ version of the e-mail. Because bounty hunter doesn't necessarily give exp and spirit, plus I've hit 100 a while ago.

We're psychic! This e-mail was composed 1 year ago! j/k!
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This account has my (very) old hotmail e-mail and although I get at least about 20 - 50+ spam a day, I check my inbox and junk box several times a day. I could have deleted it without realising (I skim through the titles very quickly making sure they are all spam) but I don't believe I did.
    Non-mule characters:

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, it's better than the last one I got!
    Looking at your account we noticed that you are a PWI veteran. You've adventured into dungeons, you've cultivated your spirit, but you've never charged your ZEN!

At least they were subtle b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Recently, a new NPC was added to PWI in order to help players within your level range progress. The Bounty Hunter will provide your character with a quest every day to kill a boss within your level range. For the 70-79 range, you will be asked to kill a boss in exchange for 150k experience and 30k spirit. Combine this quest with your daily "Crazy Stone" Quest and you'll be level 80 in no time!

Upon reaching level 80, a whole new set of instances open up for your character. Whether it be Frostcovered City or Warsong City, both of these new dungeons provide players within the level 80 range tough challenges as well as gratuitous rewards.

Oh well, 76 at 5x%. Oh well, the dailies have made the other quests kinda pointless. Even with 60 mobs, each giving 500 exp and a reward of 55k exp, it's still only 85k exp, which is slightly over half of what I would get out of Crazy Stone or BH. And there's also the chance of dying in those quests.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Deleted mine after the first paragraph. I know damn well what they did to Frostcovered, and I don't need reminders about it to get all pissed off again. b:angry
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol, I got this same email. PWI should probably have thought this through b:chuckle

1) If I'm almost level 99, I think I know how to level.
    2) If I've been on for even an hour in the last month, I'd know about BH, seeing as they're announced on WC all the time.
    3) RB > Warsong. Period. (random tangent: FIX 1K FAIL NAO!!1!)

Seriously, I can understand the level 20-29 one kinda... even though you get enough quests to hit like 40 or so before you have to grind. But anyone like 50+ should know how to level, and anyone who plays at all knows about Bounty Hunter.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hello _____,

The 10-19 level range can be a bit daunting for new players to Perfect World International. At level 19, you're thrown into your first group dungeon experience. Completing this dungeon will reward you with an exceptional weapon for your class. This new weapon will drastically increase the rate at which you will level up, as well as give your character a sharp new look.

Additionally, upon reaching level 20, you will be led on a journey to Archosaur, the primary quest and trade hub of PWI. Here you will meet up with players of all three races, gain access to daily quests, and begin to fully experience the content within PWI.

I guess my alt is on this email b:chuckle It was marked as spam on hotmail though. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've got none. I feel left out Rofl.b:surrender
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've got none. I feel left out Rofl.b:surrender

I can't find any for my main character. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I got one too. I laughed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    desperate much PWI? saw the email, deleted it straight away and no I have no intention of telling ne1 else about PWI, I don't want to waste potentional new gamers time, I'd point them in the direction of a new game released last month lol
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I got one that begged me to come back and spend more munnies b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Desdemonaaa - Lost City
    Desdemonaaa - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hello _____,

The 10-19 level range can be a bit daunting for new players to Perfect World International. At level 19, you're thrown into your first group dungeon experience. Completing this dungeon will reward you with an exceptional weapon for your class. This new weapon will drastically increase the rate at which you will level up, as well as give your character a sharp new look.

Additionally, upon reaching level 20, you will be led on a journey to Archosaur, the primary quest and trade hub of PWI. Here you will meet up with players of all three races, gain access to daily quests, and begin to fully experience the content within PWI.

b:chuckle This is the only e-mail I received.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

and anyone who plays at all knows about Bounty Hunter.

Not me b:bye.... I have a 70 veno on sanctuary, but i haven't played in nearly a year, bounty hunter wasn't in the game at the time, so i have no clue what that's all about.... or for that matter where to find him.

What really threw me for a loop though are these darn genies, i still haven't entirely figured them out and i'm not real sure I want to, they seem kinda lame to me.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I got the e-mail today (apparently after midnight):
    Hello [my name],

Recently, a new NPC was added to PWI in order to help players within your level range progress. The Bounty Hunter will provide your character with a quest every day to kill a boss within your level range. For the 70-79 range, you will be asked to kill a boss in exchange for 150k experience and 30k spirit. Combine this quest with your daily "Crazy Stone" Quest and you'll be level 80 in no time!

Upon reaching level 80, a whole new set of instances open up for your character. Whether it be Frostcovered City or Warsong City, both of these new dungeons provide players within the level 80 range tough challenges as well as gratuitous rewards.

Nothing there I didn't already know. b:cool
    Non-mule characters:

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Well honestly they don't have anything new for the 100's to do so they wouldn't want to send out an e-mail that states "We don't plan on extending in-game content anytime soon, why don't you reroll?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:laugh I got the level 70ish version of the email. I guess PWI has noticed that I've been stuck there for too long.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.