So manny questions from a noob cleric -.-

Kyrinia - Dreamweaver
Kyrinia - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
I've been readin a lot of the posts on this board, and learning a lot. But jeez, with all the abbreviations ya'll use, I can't make sense out of half of it! I have a few questions I've been a'making for ya'll out of fear that I might make a mistake and ruin my character.

#1/#4. Answered, Thank you very much!

#2. Answered, Thanks guys ^^

#3. Answered :)

Also I got a lil story. I was about level 32 when I was in a party doing qingzi for my FB quest. I remember it perfectly. There was a level 42 barb and a level 42 cleric, a 33 veno, and me. Both me and the cleric were healing the Barb (nice fellas, them barbs) I thought it curious that whenever I, personally, stopped healing the barb, he began to slowly die! Then, I noticed the cleric had been doing BotP the entire time, slowly causing the ruination of the barb. I began spamming Ironheart and got the barb up to maybe 50% hp and the cleric STOPPED HEALING to tell me to never use Ironheart in a boss. Dear me, I thought, could all the nice lil clerics who told me to ignore blessing be wrong? So, I began using my level one Blessing spell, the tank died, and they all blamed me >.<. Darn it, how come blame from illogical reasoning never reaches the realm of MMO healing?
Post edited by Kyrinia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ritsukii - Heavens Tear
    Ritsukii - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    bb= blue ball (bc its a ball and its blue) *heals all near by squad members*

and lol at ur story. kick her butt! i'll bb while u kick her butt! b:chuckle
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1] It depends on what you want to do in this game. if you are interested in PvP, adding vit is a cheap way to improve survivability. It is true that adding some vit is generally advised once you get to be 60+, but how much you add is up to you. The 7 mag 2 vit 1 str every two levels is a standard build that generally gives you quite a bit of vit and the ability to survive most things. Also if you are interested in farming upper level dungeons for mats to make good weapons, armour and such, you will need vit to survive the boss' AOEs in there. A cleric in those dungeons sometimes will need to cast BB [see below] and if they die, it could mean party wipe. In most cases, a cleric survival is key to avoiding squad problems. If you're just interested in grinding, no vit is really necessary. There are a few threads on "full attack clerics" [pay no attention to the name, just the fact that those people generally did not add vit], and you can read up on those to learn about their experiences. Some vit is a good thing, in my personal opinion.

2] BB= blue bubble, or blue ball, basically a continuous casting, area of effect heal spell you get at level 59 that reduces damage to all squad members and provides continuous healing every 5 seconds. Takes 2 sparks to cast and is necessary at some of the upper level bosses, depending on your tank. Also the primary skill that clerics use while zhenning [a form of squad aoe grinding].

3] Oracles=don't use them if you don't have to. It's better to try different ways to level that may challenge yourself. Even quests and grinding will challenge you more than killing the same mob over and over again [and grinding is way more profitable]. One here and there isn't a bad thing, but be warned that you probably won't know your potential or possible skill combos if that's all you do to level.

4] Also, that cleric was an idiot. IH remains the best heal spell in the game, because it stacks and heals over time. Don't pay any attention to people who tell you otherwise [especially people advocating purehearted--lots of clerics don't even level it b:chuckle]

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to be as explanatory as possible.
  • Kyrinia - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Thanks to ya'll so much. I really chose cleric in the very first place because I like the feeling that I'm making someone invincible, so I've always chose decisions that made other peoples (and as a side effect my) stats better. I checked the forum on the terminology here and found that those people are called FS. So,

#4, or #1 in PW language. Do you FS clerics have a lot of vit? Do you wear arcane armor? Do you use AoE healing? Do you die a lot like me when you don't have a tank?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks to ya'll so much. I really chose cleric in the very first place because I like the feeling that I'm making someone invincible, so I've always chose decisions that made other peoples (and as a side effect my) stats better. I checked the forum on the terminology here and found that those people are called FS. So,

#4, or #1 in PW language. Do you FS clerics have a lot of vit? Do you wear arcane armor? Do you use AoE healing? Do you die a lot like me when you don't have a tank?

FSC like any build can chose, tho more mag = more healing, if you are looking for that.
    They can wear arcane but they dont have to, they can be LA if they wanted to, but lookie up and see, more mag = more healing.
    Every cleric worth something uses AoE healing, tho its not need for on early lvs that much.
    Having your main attack skills leveled plus IH you wont have trouble on mobs...
    b:dirty
  • Kyrinia - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    tho more mag = more healing, if you are looking for that.

That is exactly what I am looking for. I was just hoping I wouldn't reach some plateau from not upgrading my vit in time.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    People always wil ltry out different builds to see what they can do to improve certain aspects of their char. That's why you will find different builds oc.

As for me, i believe that clerics should do what they are supposed to do : use their skills, which means buffing and healing.

I don't believe in the concept of "i'm atk cleric so i don't buff/heal". If you want to do dmg, go wizzard or bm or something.

IF you are a "support" cleric (which is in fact the meaning of being a cleric), imo the best way to go is arcane build with enough vit to survive bosses/TT runs and such, and lots of mag to do damage when soloing and healing/buffing when in squads.

BB uses 500 mp every 5 seconds, so a lot of mp is handy when using it. And you will be using it when facing aoe bosses or zhenning.

As for doing BH : any decent cleric can keep his tank (thus party) alive when he knows what to do.

I usually stack IB on the tank and when he faces the boss and is stacked , i debuff and use IB when the barb is high enough lvl or use BB when there's a risk of someone aggroing the boss.

The occasional but very rare squad wipeout i've encountered was usually because either the tank didn't wait to get IB stacked or someone aggro'd and ran away.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    That is exactly what I am looking for. I was just hoping I wouldn't reach some plateau from not upgrading my vit in time.

With good gear you wont, and God knows that since BH started you can get decent gear cheap. Sometimes, it takes 2 sets of armor/ornaments . Like i use p.def/hp for TT's and such and +wood/hp for grinding and on top of that TT set for every thing in between.

@brantanor, you made me laugh, thnx for that
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    #1/#4. I was given advice, from a level 69 cleric, that after level 60, putting no points in vitality will be the end of you! Wow! This came as a shock to me that full mag could become so obsolete. I am going to be a FS cleric and he wore light armor, dear lord. Was he speaking from the truth? Is it bad for me as an FS to, after 60, have no points in vit and dex?
    Its a preference really. I have like 20 base VIT (arcane) as lv100 but with the armours you will gain in time it should fill up. My 20 VIT with gear =80 or so VIT. You can have a higher base VIT as you prefer, its personal choice. I decided I want more dmg is all. If you think you dont want to spend too much money later, go LA. Its the cheaper way to get more defence and HP only with the cost of sacrificing your attack power. (some might say youll sacrifice heal power but really, nobody will notice if you are a good healer)

Also I got a lil story. I was about level 32 when I was in a party doing qingzi for my FB quest. I remember it perfectly. There was a level 42 barb and a level 42 cleric, a 33 veno, and me. Both me and the cleric were healing the Barb (nice fellas, them barbs) I thought it curious that whenever I, personally, stopped healing the barb, he began to slowly die! Then, I noticed the cleric had been doing BotP the entire time, slowly causing the ruination of the barb. I began spamming Ironheart and got the barb up to maybe 50% hp and the cleric STOPPED HEALING to tell me to never use Ironheart in a boss. Dear me, I thought, could all the nice lil clerics who told me to ignore blessing be wrong? So, I began using my level one Blessing spell, the tank died, and they all blamed me >.<. Darn it, how come blame from illogical reasoning never reaches the realm of MMO healing?
    BotP?...........oh blessing of pureheart
    I doubt anyone even uses that. Its Ironheart Blessing always, if not Wellspring surge for quick HP gain. (stream of rejuvenation cancels ironheart stacks so careful not to over lap those 2 on bosses)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Did not know about the stream cancelling IH, thanks for the heads up (just started actually using stream occasionally).
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Yeah it cancels it, tho i find stream of rejuvenation a great skill for solo healing in small TT farming parties =P
  • Kyrinia - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    I really feel like you guys were helpful. I'm closing all the questions now.