which genie skills u find most useful?

Options
Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear
Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
1]which class are you?

2]Which genie you use and why do you recommend those to your class ?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Berys - Harshlands
    Berys - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Class: Cleric, Lv5*

Up till this point I've found earthquake to be pretty useful. Keeps the really hard hitting mobs back and lets me confuse some people: 'Hey wait a minute, you're a cleric! How'd you knockback that monster?!'.

Also like tangling mire, but thats more so I have something to do besides heal in the dungeons. AOE -pdef really seems to help the tank keep the agro.

As for a particular genie, can't say any of them really strike me as perfect. Course I'm trying to get it to my level to get a particular skill. Might have to trash the one I have and make a new one.
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
    The other half is having enough ordinance to level a small country.
  • incendio
    incendio Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) Main is barb, lvl 76.

2) Skills:

ToP (Tree of Protection), level 10... with 60 strength points on genie, is godly. 60 strength points extends the time of the max hp by 1 second.

Solid Shield, level 10... strength points on genie also do much for this skill. Anytime I'm tanking, and cleric heal is just not quite cutting in (and I really do dislike having my charm tick when that occurs) use this skill if 'Invoke the spirit' barb skill is still in cooldown, or I don't have 2 sparks.

Alpha Male, level 5 @ moment. Great mass aoe aggro skill when dd in squad decide to all shoot different mobs. I hear its a must in rebirth, though I question this... rebirth went on fine before alpha male ever existed. It must make things easier though.

These 3 skills are, what I consider, to be the PvE tanking genie skills. Once I get 40 magic points on genie, I might consider holy path, to become godly fast, or perhaps extreme poison or that lightning skill.. err.. whats it called... can't remember (the one that hits 2x for targets close by and 3x for targets on ground, something like that).

Another skill I see people getting a lot more with high level genies is the max hp reducing skill. Use that on bosses to speed things up a fair bit. Great for TT.

And yes, I"m also quite interested in what others do with their genies. Have a new veno, and wondering what to put in for it. Damage skills? Debuffs? Stuns? Knockbacks?

Let us know, folks!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't get myself into the genie scene much (I have one low lucky point genie and I don't intend on pouring spirit into another until I get a higher one), but I adore Holy Path.

Because slow cleric is slow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ←Archer, uses Discipline

I only picked longevity because of its +15 vit and the beginner skill. I also have a zeal but i only use that for pulling, and its only level 1.

I have second wind, which is good if you have str (+2% healing power for every str point & heals 800+str bonus).

Earthquake, for PVE knockback. Only works for melee mobs because it has a short range. (not many melee mobs after 60+)

Stunning Blast (archer only): 100% chance to freeze (not stun) a nearby enemy. Range is pretty short. About the range of the skill earthquake. It works well in FBs when a mob goes after a cleric. Freeze time at lvl 1 is something like 3.5sec.

Leaf Dance: Increases critical hit rate by 2% for 30-something seconds. Length is increased by str points.

I guess the most useful skill is second wind. It heals about 1.4k right now with the str bonus which is like 2/3 of my max hp unbuffed.

EDIT: I meant discipline instead of longevity =.= *changes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • tranquillitiesrequiem
    tranquillitiesrequiem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Archer

I have quite a few genies laying around, but i'm using a strength genie right now with:

Leaf Dance~it's really worth it for me in places like gamma where im hitting like 20 mobs at once. All strength genie increases effect to like 2-3 minutes

Holy Path~ RUNNN

Second Wind~maxed with level 80 genie all pts in strength it heals for a ridiculous amount considering the fairly low stamina cost and instant effect.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I would agree with the archer above me. My main is an Archer as well.

Archer is level 80.

I have a zeal genie because of the pulling skill.

I also use second wind and have it maxed. It is an immediate healing skill and has saved my butt more times than I"ve leveled!

I also use earthquake, currently also maxed. Its nice to be able to knockback even one; but also numerous mobs at one time. It also does earth damage which archers do not have. So its nice against water mobs as well.

I also have life drain. Its leveled to about 5 right now. It drains hp from all mobs within 15 meters. It also heals you for 1% of your max HP and it does soemthing else I can't remember atm and I can't look b/c server is down for maint.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Most useful skills?

On my STR genie: Tangling Mire, Second Wind, Leaf Dance, BALANCE
    On my mixed genie: Thunderstorm, Tree of Protection, Alpha Male, Extreme Poison

I have a few other genies I use from time to time, but those are my two most used.

I really need to make a rebirth delta genie with Absolute Domain.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Class: Cleric lv. 52

Genie: Discipline

Why?, do you really need a reson to like an ice cool-like genie? :D

Well yes, there's a reason of why I'd recommend this, first, because of the genie skill that it has by default that increases flying speed :P

Then, well, every genie can learn the skills but what I use more from my genie is holy path since cleric is HELL SLOW xP or just get a mount, still, holy path is faster for few secs than a mount xP

Thats pretty much it :] I find all the other genie skills a waste of energy / stamina (mp)
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Class: Venomancer (PvP build with nix)
    Genie: Zeal, pure vit build (212 energy)
    Skills: Extreme Poison 10, Tangle Mire 10, Bloodclot 10, Air Strand 1, Tree of Protection 10, Fortify 1, Holy Path 10

Why Zeal? Cause it looks cool.
    Why vit build? Cause I can cast multiple genie skills in a row (or, in HH, Holy Path 3x in a row)
    Why the genie skills I chose? For 1v1 PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]