Cleric Grinding

XNaruto - Dreamweaver
XNaruto - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Hey all my fellow Clerics. Just a simple question, What are good places for clerics to grind, solo or otherwise. I've been finding it increasingly difficult to grind because it takes so long and the exp gain is not satisfactory if you grind mobs your lvl.
Post edited by XNaruto - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    do quests

(+10 chars)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Do your quests - if you need extra exp afterwards, find flying or swimming mobs near your level to grind on.

If you find grind exp unsatisfactory now, just wait :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Berys - Harshlands
    Berys - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    At the high 30 range/low 40 I always liked a little corner in secret passage. All that were in there were ranged poison wood monsters which were pretty easy to kill before they drained you. I would make a lap of said room and by the time I made it back around they were already respawned (small room, 7-8 of these monsters in it).

Also since it was off the beaten path a good bit I didn't have loads of people asking me to help them with this and that.

Other than there, any of the assorted wood monsters that rely on poison as their ranged skill seemed to work well for me. They can never do much damage before you kill them, and after you kill them you just cast purify and bam, rinse repeat. Also leads to very low repair costs since they aren't smacking on your armor.
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
    The other half is having enough ordinance to level a small country.
  • Faithera - Dreamweaver
    Faithera - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    search quests in the PW database to see which at your level give the most EXP or SP depending on which you're after. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search_quest
  • Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Rebirths ^^
  • Fareyn - Heavens Tear
    Fareyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hi there :D I am a non stop grinder unfortunatly.. What can i say, I like the drops :P
    My peice of advice, look for magic mobs, the flying and swimming is good input, also...

where the mob name is will show their element... you will want to find Wood, Because we deal metal damage and do more damage to wooden elemental creatures then any other.. if your grinding against a physical mob makes it harder cause we have such low physical defence.

i THINK your lvl should be the hexweb things near hidden orchid ( i think) those are really good.. also, some of the mobs around silverpoool, stay away from the magmites, but the antelope pups give good xp and good drops.

OHHH the spiders over near silver pool are good to grind on.. because they just throw the posion at you u can take that dmg, and i BELEIVE they are wood based. BUT they agro lol.. so pivck on the ones that stand alone and not grouped :D hope this helps
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    At your current lvl, the vipions above swiftwind were a good spot for me. Once I got to the mob's lvl, I moved to the vipions between town of arrivals and City of the Lost. After those, the vipions up by misfortune (way north east). The vipions are great because the are flying, wood, poison mobs. After these are done, ya gotta get creative. fishing around the islands south of misfortune you can find low 6x mobs. the metal ones are good (what, cleric grinding metal, are you serious?) because they go down really fast, but ya gotta be careful, they spawn fast. After those, I moved to the flying mobs east of village of the clouds, then to carrion vultures, and am now grinding on mothran dazzlewings.

An alternate way to grind is to find an axe bm, and go aoe grinding with them. They run around and grab a bunch of mobs, then aoe stun/attack them all, and you keep them alive (flying is a good idea for you here). If the bm's hp is stable, you can use razor feathers or tempest to speed things up a bit.
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you be playing incorrectly.
    (>.<)
    your a cleric everyone wants you for BH/rebirths.
    play to your strengths. just use the cleric specific special move. Squad up. 90% to automatically join a BH squad in under 5 minutes. lol
    (^.^)

also ya native vipions are nice to grind on (they also happen to be wood type) woot me even grinded on them with me wizard~

later on during 60s you can grind on those petitle whatchamacallits those little flower thingys that are like level 60. Easy kills for a cleric.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you be playing incorrectly.
    (>.<)
    your a cleric everyone wants you for BH/rebirths.
    play to your strengths. just use the cleric specific special move. Squad up. 90% to automatically join a BH squad in under 5 minutes. lol
    (^.^)

also ya native vipions are nice to grind on (they also happen to be wood type) woot me even grinded on them with me wizard~

later on during 60s you can grind on those petitle whatchamacallits those little flower thingys that are like level 60. Easy kills for a cleric.

That is if it the same BH as you have.I don't always have the same BH as being.Yeah I got to give RB a try.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There is no Grinding in PWI because its the slowest way to get EXP
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009

There is grinding, but you dont grind for exp, just for drops (for your blacksmith and ect needs).
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009

There is grinding if you want to make coin.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Llyanka - Harshlands
    Llyanka - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    at 40, grind as the others suggested on Vipions, and also look for BH's and zhen parties (yes you can do a zhen at 40 as long as your IH is maxed for ur lvl) lessee... in my 50's i did a lot of GV's and zhening.. so very little solo grinding there, 60's I went after foxwings (loved the drops! although the fire sucked) 70's you can really start to shine in solo aoe grinding ^.^ petallis are fun xD ima be experimenting with the hexocs now b:cool