Lunar Glade Completed

JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Congrats to Nefarious on being the first in server to complete the whole of Lunar Glade, and a big thank you to my squaddies for sticking with me through it all. b:victory b:victory b:victory

Squad:
Makeda
JoHnNyPh
AsliaDream
Dark_Freya
PooRitan
Watercress
Sage BM, hated by many,and i hate you all aswell b:cute
Post edited by JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sorry to burst to your bubble but Legendary completed it two months ago.
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

I guess a gratz is in order though.
    b:dirty
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL

owned

and I got to Boss 5 with my Squad back in March(?) when I was 89, there were no genies, no anni gift gear and the only reason we stopped there was cause we were all sweeepy b:tired.

so if it was JUST beaten, that's just sad....
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    grats leg and nef b:victory
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    gratzzzzzzz b:bye
  • tenj#7625
    tenj#7625 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Congrats to Nefarious on being the first in server to complete the whole of Lunar Glade, and a big thank you to my squaddies for sticking with me through it all. b:victory b:victory b:victory

Squad:
    Makeda
    JoHnNyPh
    AsliaDream
    Dark_Freya
    PooRitan
    Watercress

lol... Nef completed it months after Leg, Reg, and Dreaming but gz for your first time. I'd almost be embarrassed if I were you. xD You guys like to believe you were the only ones to beat it since you're clearly the best in the server after all. b:chuckle It only takes a 90+ squad and 6+ hours of nothing better to do. xD
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    congrats To Nefarious On Being The First In Server To Complete The Whole Of Lunar Glade, And A Big Thank You To My Squaddies For Sticking With Me Through It All. B:victory B:victory B:victory

Squad:
    Makeda
    Johnnyph
    Asliadream
    Dark_freya
    Pooritan
    Watercress

a
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I conkirk-erm concur

Hey I can wipe my own ****! Don't see me acting all proud about it and trying to claim I was the first. GTFO.
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    AshWorth - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol... Nef completed it months after Leg, Reg, and Dreaming but gz for your first time. I'd almost be embarrassed if I were you. xD You guys like to believe you were the only ones to beat it since you're clearly the best in the server after all. b:chuckle It only takes a 90+ squad and 6+ hours of nothing better to do. xD

Don;t have to overreact on this. We just want to share the joy of the moment. This has nothing to do with the best or worst. Why can;t you just take this as piece of information? If Johnny's squad is not the first squad who has completed lunar just inform us about that and we will congratulate the 1st team as well.. You probably have to learn from MiStAiSa how to respond professionally..

Gratz, Legendary, Dreaming, Regicide for completing lunar... b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sorry this is a little hilarious b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

Congrats to Nefarious on discovering Lunar Glade :)

I can only wonder what discoveries are in store for tomorrow. Frost? FB99?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    May be start a new class if it is available. I like assassin..
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sorry this is a little hilarious b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

Congrats to Nefarious on discovering Lunar Glade :)

I can only wonder what discoveries are in store for tomorrow. Frost? FB99?
    One of the reasons why its kinda embarrassing to boast 'first on server' in a forum b:chuckle you never know who actually did it before you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited October 2009
    Well its just that Lunar isn't something a server filled with dozens of 100+ should be looking at as a challenge, that's more of a lvl 90 challenge.

If you want to claim something at this point you need to be looking at Warsong and Harpy Wraith, not Frost and Lunar.

I'm actually frustrated at how lousy the PVE progression is on the server. Noone wants to try anything unless they have an experienced squad that has already completed it before.

Really maybe the problem is that PWI has cheapened the rewards to all PVE challenges. Yesterday I went with BigP into a Warsong BH. It was his first time there and I helped guide on how the quests worked. Even though he didn't know what it was about he was already wearing the Warsong belt, the ultimate prize from mastering the dungeon. That is messed up on a few levels.

What's the point of doing Lunar / Warsong / Frost if you can get the gear for a dollar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    I have tried Warsong with Deceptistar many weeks back..yuck I don;t like it at all... Mobs are hard to kill and they hurt...
    edited October 2009
    When is BigP or Temp going to tank Harpy? They have the gear for it and many clerics have their sage skills.

It shouldn't be that hard now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think the only cleric who could withstand the aoe from harpy would be skylead *cough* almost as much hp as a barb. I iz jealous......
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Hmmm, i fail to see how regicide ever fully completed it, as a nef went with them the day before and they said then they were being the first in regicide to get to stage 7, but oh well, If legendary had completed it before grats. I also disbelieve dreaming got past primal fear. The extreme nature of his atatcks, (10k every 4-5 seconds) would be hard for most on this server to survive even now. Add to that the aoe purge he does every few seconds right as he uses his aoe magic attack.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hmmm, i fail to see how regicide ever fully completed it, as a nef went with them the day before and they said then they were being the first in regicide to get to stage 7, but oh well, If legendary had completed it before grats. I also disbelieve dreaming got past primal fear. The extreme nature of his atatcks, (10k every 4-5 seconds) would be hard for most on this server to survive even now. Add to that the aoe purge he does every few seconds right as he uses his aoe magic attack.

Actually... a lot of people think they are the first, but that is because no one announces it to everyone in PWI when they do. I think you are referring to wedgeone's squad the other day, but I believe he was speaking on behalf of his own squad because they hadn't done it before. Why is it so hard to believe that we can do it, when we had the same levels you did?

About 1-2 months ago, immediately when those +10 atk/def blessings came out... I was in a squad with some people that wanted to try it out.

Majou
    Bandages
    _julio
    Manicero
    one more cleric I forgot who

We were in there for a large chunk of the day, I'd say about 8 hours... I don't remember the names of all the bosses since we did it so long ago, but whenever _julio died I tanked with Ironguards/Tree of Protection spamming HP jiaozis till he got rezzed again, but we managed. TBH we died more times from regular mobs than the actual bosses, Manicero was the worst person to pull with extreme poison hahaha.

Nonetheless, the whole thing was fun, because it was challenging at our level range. I'd have to agree with Asterelle on that one, Warsong/Harpy Wraith should be what 10X's look for as a challenge these days, Lunar Glade was challenging in the 9X's. With no disrespect, or discrediting anyone in any way, but I have yet to be know anyone who has completed Warsong City or Harpy Wraith.. I know level 100s struggle with those instances/Bosses.

Shame they took out Frost Squad hard mode... I believe fussie, _julio, Dark_Kuma, Zanira, Bandages were able to get to the last boss in Frost Squad mode but died because barb buff ran out and AoE wiped them with boss at 20% hp :\ I never got to go on the hard mode, probably never will now. xD
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Actually... a lot of people think they are the first, but that is because no one announces it to everyone in PWI when they do. I think you are referring to wedgeone's squad the other day, but I believe he was speaking on behalf of his own squad because they hadn't done it before. Why is it so hard to believe that we can do it, when we had the same levels you did?

About 1-2 months ago, immediately when those +10 atk/def blessings came out... I was in a squad with some people that wanted to try it out.

Majou
    Bandages
    _julio
    Manicero
    one more cleric I forgot who

We were in there for a large chunk of the day, I'd say about 8 hours... I don't remember the names of all the bosses since we did it so long ago, but whenever _julio died I tanked with Ironguards/Tree of Protection spamming HP jiaozis till he got rezzed again, but we managed. TBH we died more times from regular mobs than the actual bosses, Manicero was the worst person to pull with extreme poison hahaha.

Nonetheless, the whole thing was fun, because it was challenging at our level range. I'd have to agree with Asterelle on that one, Warsong/Harpy Wraith should be what 10X's look for as a challenge these days, Lunar Glade was challenging in the 9X's. With no disrespect, or discrediting anyone in any way, but I have yet to be know anyone who has completed Warsong City or Harpy Wraith.. I know level 100s struggle with those instances/Bosses.

Shame they took out Frost Squad hard mode... I believe fussie, _julio, Dark_Kuma, Zanira, Bandages were able to get to the last boss in Frost Squad mode but died because barb buff ran out and AoE wiped them with boss at 20% hp :\ I never got to go on the hard mode, probably never will now. xD

Maybe he was referring to his own squad idk, thats why i discredited regi from doing it. also that final boss isnt really tankable by barb's, since it hits them with 13-14k attacks, its actually easier for a bm with sage marrow to survive, which was horrible to deal with btw, made me glad i had maky to take the hits b:laugh. Warsong has nearly been cracked, i cant remember who but some1 has reached the final boss on more than one occasion, harpy is possible, but requires amazing co-ordination. and no disrepect to some people, but some of the bosses in lunar require 100's to deal with. A mob hitting 9k 3 times in a 5 second period is not funny to tank, i know since everytime it went for me with that, i was dead or had to sutra through it until it got purged. the blessings dont help greatly aswell, since the damage over time of 3k per tick,(1.7k on clerics) isnt affected by the blessings, its all about preparation.

Anyway doesnt matter, for my first time trying to complete, it was great fun, even if it takes way to long to do. If you did complete it dan, congratulations to you and your squad. I however do not personally believe that 2 months ago you did it as regi wasnt back then the force it has becoem in the wake of you know what happening. If i am wrong, oh well, human nature. Either way, lunar is epically fun to do, but charm burn for all.
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So back to the topic at hand...grats JoHnNy + squad, and grats to whoever else completed it before him as well. :) Takes lots of time and determination to complete. I think I fell asleep when you guys were on the 5th boss.
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    depends which 5th boss lol, it spawns random ones from 3-6, only ones guarnateed appear to be 1,2 and big bad boy on 7. anyone that has a phobia of mantavip, dont go to the final boss, its his BIG brother b:shocked
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The 5th boss that hit me really hard?

You know what I'm like when I'm delusional. xD
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Maybe he was referring to his own squad idk, thats why i discredited regi from doing it. also that final boss isnt really tankable by barb's, since it hits them with 13-14k attacks, its actually easier for a bm with sage marrow to survive, which was horrible to deal with btw, made me glad i had maky to take the hits b:laugh. Warsong has nearly been cracked, i cant remember who but some1 has reached the final boss on more than one occasion, harpy is possible, but requires amazing co-ordination. and no disrepect to some people, but some of the bosses in lunar require 100's to deal with. A mob hitting 9k 3 times in a 5 second period is not funny to tank, i know since everytime it went for me with that, i was dead or had to sutra through it until it got purged. the blessings dont help greatly aswell, since the damage over time of 3k per tick,(1.7k on clerics) isnt affected by the blessings, its all about preparation.

Anyway doesnt matter, for my first time trying to complete, it was great fun, even if it takes way to long to do. If you did complete it dan, congratulations to you and your squad. I however do not personally believe that 2 months ago you did it as regi wasnt back then the force it has becoem in the wake of you know what happening. If i am wrong, oh well, human nature. Either way, lunar is epically fun to do, but charm burn for all.

Hehe.. I wish I had the time to do a full Warsong instance... but school keeps me in place, perhaps on a weekend on a day without TW it'd be fun to try xD I want to get that Warsong belt... even if I have to do it the hard way. >__> It'll be fun nonetheless. :d

And you are correct in some way Johnny, we weren't a recognized "force" in the public view, at least not compared to Nef in TW. I'll admit we were a little disorganized at first, bad scouting, etc, but we worked on that challenging both Nef/Leg in TW to pick up some new ideas. But we did have quite the amount of high levels from "Rebirth" and Shockwave coming over to us at the time, so we did have a bit of firepower, just needed to learn how to control it. :p

A lot of speculation goes on from when people say we got "stronger." Perhaps I don't know what people thought of us from the outside. xD I'll only say we had a lot of ups and downs, we almost collapsed twice, but we were able to recover and consistently build back up even though it may not have been as transparent as people would presume. xD

edited October 2009
    Warsong has nearly been cracked, i cant remember who but some1 has reached the final boss on more than one occasion, harpy is possible, but requires amazing co-ordination.

For Warsong, are you sure you don't mean the BH boss Snakefist Guardian in the pavilion of metal?

I've killed that for BH routinely but to fight the last boss requires protecting all 5 incarnations simultaneously in the first stage and I don't believe anyone has done that yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Hehe.. I wish I had the time to do a full Warsong instance... but school keeps me in place, perhaps on a weekend on a day without TW it'd be fun to try xD I want to get that Warsong belt... even if I have to do it the hard way. >__> It'll be fun nonetheless. :d

And you are correct in some way Johnny, we weren't a recognized "force" in the public view, at least not compared to Nef in Nef, but we did have quite the amount of high levels from "Rebirth" and Shockwave coming over to us at the time.

A lot of speculation goes on from when people say we got "stronger." Perhaps I don't know what people thought of us from the outside. xD I'll only say we had a lot of ups and downs, we almost collapsed twice, but we were able to recover and consistently build back up even though it may not have been as transparent as people would presume. xD

dan, why go for the warsong belt, admitted it is a damn good belt, but you have the paradise sachet like myself, which is only marginally worse, the effort to that warsong belt, just doesnt translate into a net gain in the long run. I tried warsong, albeit unprepared and it became not fun at all. Maybe one day ill enter it again, maybe not.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    For Warsong, are you sure you don't mean the BH boss Snakefist Guardian in the pavilion of metal?

I've killed that for BH routinely but to fight the last boss requires protecting all 5 incarnations simultaneously in the first stage and I don't believe anyone has done that yet.

Ast, we got owned hard from that metal boss. zzzKyantezzz reported that at around 50% HP it casts some buff that does like 10K AoEs or something, so it needs to be purged.

Whoops on our part. >__>

• JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

From what i gather, a squad that routinely does warsong has reached the final boss on many occasions, only to be party wiped with ease on it, however i myself have never been on a proper run and i cannot say for certain as i do not know the full working of warsong. I know severa; have done the BH boss, but apparently they have cracked a few afterwards. Maybe its not true, maybe it is, guess we wait and see.
  • Makeda - Sanctuary
    Makeda - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It was an exhilarating moment for us- everyone in the squad working in unison. Hence why when many deaths/packs of cigarettes/potions/charms/hours later we finally completed it we were absolutely ecstatic at having the tenacity to see it through to the end. This thread was not started for the purpose of assuming our superiority over others, but rather publicly showing appreciation to everyone in the squad, and how proud we are of each other. However, there is no escaping the fact that some will (perhaps even knowingly) misconstrue the intent of the poster- and that is your prerogative.

I would like to take this opportunity as well to say thank you to all of you who took part in our bikini-clad crazy bunny run. It was a fabulous experience, and a bonding one at that ( so many hours of Teamspeak singing/drinking/multi-lingual swearing- of course it would be b:laugh ). I am proud of all of you ! b:kiss

If anyone completed the run in question before we did- my heartfelt congratulations to you. Lunar glade is a do-able but an indubitably challenging instance and you should be proud of yourselves for sticking it out. No matter what level you are, coordination and diligence are prerequisite. Hence, very well done- there is no trivialising this; it is an achievement. b:victory
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    dan, why go for the warsong belt, admitted it is a damn good belt, but you have the paradise sachet like myself, which is only marginally worse, the effort to that warsong belt, just doesnt translate into a net gain in the long run. I tried warsong, albeit unprepared and it became not fun at all. Maybe one day ill enter it again, maybe not.

I hate looking at my minimum 7 Vit Paradise Sachet D:

And I now have like 2.3K Chips from all these failed BH100 rewards.. haven't gotten ecstasy cards in nearly a month.. :S

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

I have yet to even see the final boss. :S If it's anything like the other bosses, I'd guess it'd be even harder than the ones we killed. ._. 20K AoEs through BB hurt lol

• JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    It was an exhilarating moment for us- everyone in the squad working in unison. Hence why when many deaths/packs of cigarettes/potions/charms/hours later we finally completed it we were absolutely ecstatic at having the tenacity to see it through to the end. This thread was not started for the purpose of assuming our superiority over others, but rather publicly showing appreciation to everyone in the squad, and how proud we are of each other. However, there is no escaping the fact that some will (perhaps even knowingly) misconstrue the intent of the poster- and that is your prerogative.

I would like to take this opportunity as well to say thank you to all of you who took part in our bikini-clad crazy bunny run. It was a fabulous experience, and a bonding one at that ( so many hours of Teamspeak singing/drinking/multi-lingual swearing- of course it would be b:laugh ). I am proud of all of you ! b:kiss

If anyone completed the run in question before we did- my heartfelt congratulations to you. Lunar glade is a do-able but an indubitably challenging instance and you should be proud of yourselves for sticking it out. No matter what level you are, coordination and diligence are prerequisite. Hence, very well done- there is no trivialising this; it is an achievement. b:victory

Yes, without teamspeak last night doing that, i would have gave up on that silly cat boss, but im glad i stuck it out with u all, seeing that final boss collapse to reveal 3 gold drops, was all worth it in the end.