Just pondering.....

Sheets - Sanctuary
Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Wouldn't it be cool to have this....

"Remember! Maintenance is always followed by Thank you for waiting bonus for two hours of 2x EXP, Spirit and coin!"

or something like this for all the people that dread the weekly or semi weekly maint?
Post edited by Sheets - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    it would be nice but unfair depending on time zone. By the time they finish maint here (new jersey) its between 2-4am.

not that im not usually up waiting anyway:P but that would just add 2 more hours hehe
  • Chillectric - Sanctuary
    Chillectric - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I voted yeah it would be nice, and it is
    But i also have to agree witch Raygan
    It would be unfair to all those players who are a sleep or at work in those hours!
    it would give an unfair advantage and therefore it will never be added to the game!
    So many games to be played b:shocked
    So little time to do it b:angry
    I realy need an extra life b:laugh
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not sure if that was sarcasm or not. But I'm sure many players will tell you there are unfair things going on in this game right now. All depends on your definition of fair.

I agree, though, that it probably will not happen.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I voted yes. They could give a 24 hr bonus for the 'day after maintenance'. That would be fair to the globe I think.
    Heck I'd be happy if they could even just double the droprates for a day. b:chuckle

A sit is now I guess its not fair to those who's playtimes fall during the maintenance hours (not mine btw, I'm at wok when it happens).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Not sure if that was sarcasm or not. But I'm sure many players will tell you there are unfair things going on in this game right now. All depends on your definition of fair.

I agree, though, that it probably will not happen.

prolly not but with gold prices and what not going to a all time high and such, tis nice to dream on things...

!~ Da Sheets
  • Chillectric - Sanctuary
    Chillectric - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I voted yes. They could give a 24 hr bonus for the 'day after maintenance'. That would be fair to the globe I think.
    Heck I'd be happy if they could even just double the droprates for a day. b:chuckle

A sit is now I guess its not fair to those who's playtimes fall during the maintenance hours (not mine btw, I'm at wok when it happens).

Double droprates for 24hours after the servers are back up again would be awesome! b:laugh
    or make it een event thingy like done in month september with the double exp weekends, December double droprates weekends would so rock ! b:victory
    So many games to be played b:shocked
    So little time to do it b:angry
    I realy need an extra life b:laugh
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ANY event after server maint. that doesnt involve pressing the "O" button would be nice in fact just one event a month that doesnt involve the "O" button would be nice of course all we can do is dream because despite many great ideas given none have been implemented and never will be because there is no real life profit for the corporation in events that dont involve the "O" button.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ANY event after server maint. that doesnt involve pressing the "O" button would be nice in fact just one event a month that doesnt involve the "O" button would be nice of course all we can do is dream because despite many great ideas given none have been implemented and never will be because there is no real life profit for the corporation in events that dont involve the "O" button.

Don't you mean 'Alt+O'? b:chuckle Just kidding! b:chuckle

Yeah, any event, at any interval that can have people participating *ingame* from multiple timezones without it turning into a lag-fest (remembers horrors from valentine's events b:shocked) is welcome.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Since it's a routine maintenance I don't see the need for any bonus experience to "make up for lost time", because maintenance is something that happens in every online gameb:chuckle
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I voted no because it's scheduled maintenance, not an "inconvenience". The inconvenience would be if they never did maintenance and the servers crashed all the time. Now that whole day worth of downtime from the "Duke Rose incident" is different but a couple hours once a week or every other week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roojie - Lost City
    Roojie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    "it would give an unfair advantage and therefore it will never be added to the game!" <~~ I'mma go incredulously laugh at this until my lungs burn with the heat of a thousand red giants....
    I like exp gain days though; depends on one's definition of inconvenience, everything is subject to opinion these days....
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Since it's a routine maintenance I don't see the need for any bonus experience to "make up for lost time", because maintenance is something that happens in every online gameb:chuckle

true nuff but maybe just a lil daily extra or something.. i said nothing of making up for lost time... just something thats nice to happen once in awhile or something to that effect.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    even for games that force people to pay a monthly fee dont get this for lost gaming time due to maintenance. Why would a free to play game be any different? Just find something else to do for a few hours.
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    Wrekless - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I love maintenance, it's the only day during the week I get to bed at a reasonable hour. Hooray for 8 hours of sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I love maintenance, it's the only day during the week I get to bed at a reasonable hour. Hooray for 8 hours of sleep.

So what you're saying is, you should give me free stuff for helping you get to bed on time? Sounds good, can I have a cookie?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So what you're saying is, you should give me free stuff for helping you get to bed on time? Sounds good, can I have a cookie?

No, they are MY cookies. *slaps wrist and shoves out the door*
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    true nuff but maybe just a lil daily extra or something.. i said nothing of making up for lost time... just something thats nice to happen once in awhile or something to that effect.

I wouldn't mind having monthly events not related to the cash shop again, but not "because of maintenance".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Dont think people are necessarily looking for something to make up for lost time but actually just looking for something fun to do in the game to break up the boredom of grinding millions of xp per lvl, something other than buying stuff would be a nice change of pace. Wouldnt have to be a weekly thing or a huge event but something to look forward to once in a while other than the boutique would be nice and would show some good faith from GM's and Corporate leaders.Wraith events are very popular but rarely happen and when they do it becomes such a lag fest that they are not fun to participate in perhaps if more than one wraith invasion occured at the same time in different locations the load on the servers would be spread out evenly and more people could enjoy these events. On Heavens Tear server your average players have been occasionally hosting "events" they create riddles of places in the game and have people find them via world shouts, they ask questions some related to the game and the first person to pm them with the correct answer wins a small prize, others have find x person and win something usually the small prize is not a high $$ item usually something obtainable in the game w/o the boutique other times it is from the boutique...Now if your average players can come up with these sort of events on a fairly regular basis my question is why cant our GMs do the same at random intervals through out the month.
    The good people of PWI are screaming and begging for events, real in game events the kind that take a bit of luck and a bit of knowledge so much so they are hosting these events on their own. Perhaps its time to take the time and listen to the people who play regularly and begin providing them the events they seek before they start seeking those events on another game.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Inspire us please Mr Spoons
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Fair enough, you can limit the bonus to those times maintenance is not routine. By the way, it's Tuesday, do you know where your routine routine-maintenance-will-not-be-occurring-as-scheduled message is?

b:victory
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Fair enough, you can limit the bonus to those times maintenance is not routine. By the way, it's Tuesday, do you know where your routine routine-maintenance-will-not-be-occurring-as-scheduled message is?

b:victory

Mine went out with some friends to have some coffee, it said it will be back soon.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The "timezone" thing is legitimate. A fair way to do it would be to give everyone an item, sort of like an esoterica, unable to trade, sell etc.
    Good for bonus exp, be it double, or whatever, for an hour (or 2, or whatever).

Item expires after 24 hours. Or it's removed from inventory next maint and replaced, or whatever. Details are pretty irrelevant, and implementing wouldn't be difficult. The question.....

Is it a good idea to give everyone free exp because the servers need maintenance?

No.

Discuss.
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    The "timezone" thing is legitimate. A fair way to do it would be to give everyone an item, sort of like an esoterica, unable to trade, sell etc.
    Good for bonus exp, be it double, or whatever, for an hour (or 2, or whatever).

Item expires after 24 hours. Or it's removed from inventory next maint and replaced, or whatever. Details are pretty irrelevant, and implementing wouldn't be difficult. The question.....

Is it a good idea to give everyone free exp because the servers need maintenance?

No.

Discuss.

Well maybe some other event that doesn't have to do with Gold? that has a fair chance of everyone getting something for free? maybe a gift in the mail that has the same random chances.. mebee one lucky winner in the whole server can get a higher end item and the rest something useful like fruit or something.. i was just taking something i found somewhere else and tried to see how people would react... i mean no offense to the GMs who do a great job at what they do but most events that happen only come for the lucky few like the clothing for a coin event that happened a bit ago.. or that requires purchase of gold like this annv pack... and the myspace thing was cool too.. i mean i could go on but i hope you get the general idea.. I mean wouldnt you like it some day that you kill a mob and a 10-15% Chance gift box of a random nick nack happens to be in it like a couple of chi stones or a gem box with level 4 or below gem? i mean heck how worse can it be gold is like 500K per pop while seeing most event Alt-O driven...

!~ A Stiff Sheet