Frostcovered City for Wizard

Chillum - Dreamweaver
Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
Hello.

I've just turned L75 and a couple of Frostcovered City quests have popped up.

It's tried finding out more about them and have come across one or two posts about thme. The main one that caught my eye was this one:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=415272

It gives me a basic idea of what it's all about.

The general idea I seem to hear about it is that it's hard.

So, in preparing myself to take it on, what sort of things would I need to survive it?

I'm thinking along the lines of gear, skills, level of hp etc.

At the moment I am pretty much a pure magic build, Arcane robe wearing wizard. HP: 2k unbuffed. Pdef: 357. Mdef ranges from 4.2k+ for each element.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Chillum - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry about Frostwalk until you're 85 or so.

It's not hard if you have a good squad, and probably more than one zhenning DD (I tend to die a lot when I don't have a charm and I'm solo DDing)

You want more pdef, yours is dismal at the moment. When you get your 80 gear shard it with g5 pdef shards minimum, pdef adorns, etc.

skills, you'll want maxed earth mastery and maxed SS/SR for boss DDing purposes, and a maxed DB would be nice as well.
  • Melusive - Heavens Tear
    Melusive - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    One note about DB. Make sure your tank is good at holding aggro because if he makes one mistake while you are DBing (especially if you have maxed DB) then you will aggro all the mobs. Considering the fact that you are pure INT, you'll definitely die, even with an HP charm. I advise that you not DB or tell whoever is pulling to not pull too many mobs at a time. You could probably survive 4-5 mobs while DBing, but it's still risky.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    HP: 2k unbuffed. Pdef: 357.
    oh my ****ing god

advice: start wearing armor
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • gamer2127
    gamer2127 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    oh my ****ing god

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

But this is great advice.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    oh my ****ing god

I'm working on it!

Trying to scrap together enough mats for TT70 Arcane chest.

I'm also going to switch to pdef belts and necklaces. I figure this switch alone will give me at least another 300 or so pdef at a loss of around 200-300 mdef of each element.

I haven't sharded due to the cost to benefit/value for money ratio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hello.

I've just turned L75 and a couple of Frostcovered City quests have popped up.

It's tried finding out more about them and have come across one or two posts about thme. The main one that caught my eye was this one:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=415272

It gives me a basic idea of what it's all about.

The general idea I seem to hear about it is that it's hard.

So, in preparing myself to take it on, what sort of things would I need to survive it?

I'm thinking along the lines of gear, skills, level of hp etc.

At the moment I am pretty much a pure magic build, Arcane robe wearing wizard. HP: 2k unbuffed. Pdef: 357. Mdef ranges from 4.2k+ for each element.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards.

hmm as sum1 has said already, dont start doing FC yet, u can start doing it from lvl80 but only if u hav good gear nd are in a good squad otherwise u will die alot... Your phy def is super low, put in mind that wizards need really alot of phy def nd a wizard even with 4k HP at your lvl nd very low phy def would still die fast :p
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm working on it!

Trying to scrap together enough mats for TT70 Arcane chest.

I'm also going to switch to pdef belts and necklaces. I figure this switch alone will give me at least another 300 or so pdef at a loss of around 200-300 mdef of each element.

I haven't sharded due to the cost to benefit/value for money ratio.
    Don't bother with HH70. Work on this:

Lv71 Helmet with hp/def add-ons
    Lv70 Top with hp/pdef add-ons
    Lv70 mold pants (dark pants of hedes)
    Lv66/76 Boots with hp/pdef add-ons
    Lv77 mold gauntlets (sleeves of sea captain)
    Lv67/77 cape with HP/mag/vit
    Lv72 necklace with HP/pdef
    Lv75 belt with HP/pdef

Whatever rings you want.. crit/hp/channeling/atk. Don't bother wasting money on HH ****. Weapon is up to preference, all of them work honestly.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Totally agree with Kristoph here, the TT70-80 Arcane Armor is the biggest waste of money ever. You don't even need the TT80 stuff for the (awesome!) TT90 gear. So don't bother with TT Armor till lvl 90. Get some pdef, honestly man. WIth only 2k HP you should at the very least have 1k pdef unbuffed. Aim for 2.5k HP and 1.5k pdef unbuffed at lvl80 - the more the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have 3.1k hp and 2k phy def self buffed... its not awsome but its good enough to do rebirth, frost and to survive the TT bosses aoe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    I just want to say thank you to all those with constructive criticism and advice.

I'll look into all those suggestions.

Comparing my gear to those that Kristoph suggested hits home to me how woefully inadequate some of my gear is. I've mainly been relying on dropped items and manufacturing my own gear. I think I may have to invest some serious coin to upgrade them.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Dropped and manufactured items aren't useless. Some can be really good. Check Auction House everyday, sometimes you can get nice stuff for quite cheap. You just need to know what are you looking for. And, as others mentioned above, it's gear with HP/Pdef bonuses + protection necklaces and belts.

I have all armor one-star (except 3* pants from quest) yet at lvl 67 I have more Pdef than lvl 81 wizard from my guild :P
    Packs World International
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry about frostland. I never finish frostland yet. Because to find high players squad without world chat is extremely difficult. So hopefully one time I'll finish that.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]