______ Seal

febrerox
febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Are the _____ Seal skills useful? If so, can anyone explain the good thing about each seal and when and where to use it?

b:thanks
Post edited by febrerox on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    febrerox wrote: »
    Are the _____ Seal skills useful? If so, can anyone explain the good thing about each seal and when and where to use it?

You are on a PvP server? If yes, then there are countless situations to use it.
    You like to Pk (on any server)? Then same as above.
    Other then that p.def/m.def debuffs are good for extra dmg on bosses.
    While sleep and paralyze are occasional and i would not recommend them until your higher up, since you have more important skills to lv....
    b:dirty
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    febrerox wrote: »

The elemental and dimensional seals are good for debuffing opponents. E.g, in PvP use elemental seal on a BM lowers his magic resistance, making him easier to kill. Dimensional does the same but lowers physical defense, so it's good for use on Arcane users.

They do, however, lower the defense on yourself too so make sure you purify afterwards. b:victory

Chromatic seal is great because it completely freezes the enemy, at the risk of a lower movement speed. The seal last for a while, but is broken when damage is cast on the sealed person.

Silent seal just stops the person dead in their tracks, but they can still use skills. This costs you attack power, and I don't use it that often, so I can't be that detailed on it.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • febrerox
    febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm on HT and am a PvE oriented player, sorry i neglected to mention that earlier b:surrender

TY for the replies :) However from how I see it, the seals seem to be good for PvP mostly, plus, I don't have purify yet (ish still a cleric nooblet =3).

I can imagine myself using Elemental Seal w/o having purify on a p.attack mob... Eeeh... not pretty >.>

But, I think it could come in quite handy in TT's... The veno has a skill that lowers p.def, and coupled with the cleric's Elemental Seal and RB, that could save the squad some time killing the bosses... Any comments on this?

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Like i said, good for bosses. (i hope you know that debuffs dont stack)
    b:dirty
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If i understand this correctly, buffs/debuffs with the same icon don't stack. i.e. a barbarian's Devour and a clerics dimensional seal don't stack, the one cast second just overrides the first. Same thing with the apoth regen stuff and the cleric regen seal.

On the other hand, Amp damage, extreme poison, tangling mire, Heaven's flame, dimensional seal (or devour, whichever), elemental seal and undine strike can be stacked with each other.
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hate when armour/mind break gets overridden by a crappier debuff.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If i understand this correctly, buffs/debuffs with the same icon don't stack. i.e. a barbarian's Devour and a clerics dimensional seal don't stack, the one cast second just overrides the first. Same thing with the apoth regen stuff and the cleric regen seal.

On the other hand, Amp damage, extreme poison, tangling mire, Heaven's flame, dimensional seal (or devour, whichever), elemental seal and undine strike can be stacked with each other.

Same icon and same name, think both need to apply. Because on my BM, I can have fist proc for increased physical damage, barb increased physical damage, and spark increased damage all combine and have the exact same icon. Easy thing for clerics is just to combine with skills that have a slightly different effect just to be sure; partnering with a metal debuff from archer's is always some good fun.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • fookio
    fookio Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wht r the seven seals and wht do they do?
    plz answer me
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    fookio wrote: »
    wht r the seven seals and wht do they do?
    plz answer me

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php Select the Cleric image and under Plumeshot's set you will find your seals. >> Good luck...