Damage check

Options
Draeyos - Lost City
Draeyos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
quick question :

as a 4x La mage should it be taking 5-7 hits to kill a mob? i am experiencing a few mana problems, despite me having lv 6 glacial embrace. I know about element weakness and such btw. pot cost is interfering with my profits.
Post edited by Draeyos - Lost City on

Comments

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Assuming you have a weapon close to your level and therefore have the requisite magic stat to equip such a weapon and also your 3 staple skills (pyro/gush/stone rain) max for your level I'd say that it's probably right. A full Magic wizard kills similar leveled mobs in 4-5 hits so your 5-7 hits is about where LA sits unfortunately.

Mana will always be a problem unfortunately until you can learn double spark for the 10% MP recovery, and even then as LA it's going to be hard. Try and shop around for some cheap Seasame Yuanxio (3000 MP pots from the spring packs) there should still be a lot around and on HT they sell for about 1200 coins each but it shouldn't be hard to find some a little cheaper. Alternatively you can make some MP recovery apothecary pots, either +50 MP per sec Focus powder or Jade powder for 3000MP over 30 seconds (not sure on the level requirements for those though, check the apothecary) Try and grind near herb patches and pick them as they respawn in between killing mobs.

You could buy an MP charm, but only if you charge gold yourself, and even then it's still more cost effective to sell the gold and buy the seasame yuanxio.
    I like pie
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    quick question :

as a 4x La mage should it be taking 5-7 hits to kill a mob? i am experiencing a few mana problems, despite me having lv 6 glacial embrace. I know about element weakness and such btw. pot cost is interfering with my profits.

yep it's normal.
    Also me meditated me way through. (still do) But double spark and sutra helps alot.
    (O.o)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yeah, it's normal. As LA mage u have a lot less MP. Try to lvl Wellspring a little, and use it , helps a lot.
    I have 14k MP now and spamming pyro/gush(/SR) (sage version for all) makes it dissapear like there's no tomorrow, especially in BH/TTs/FBs. I try to use as much as possible Pyro for the extra chi that procs really often. I can tripple spark every 10 hits or so...never counted but pretty often. Recovering about 3k MP via spark is very nice. While grinding/questing ( rarely do so now ) if I'm using wisely the chi gain skill and tripple spark I can go a long way saving mana. Apothecary helps a lot obviously.
    As a mage, apothecary has to be a priority, for LA that's even more important. Although it looks good on paper, never use 50/100 MP/sec/10 min recovery pots cause in combat mode you'll get only a quarter of that recovery. Better use the 3k/6k/9k MP restore in 30 sec pots. You can control the restore depending on your needs. And as LA, when u grind, always have your water shield on for mana regen.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]